[NEohioPAL]Emergency casting for Rob Lucas

james renner leafeater1998 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 06:43:38 PST 2005

I'd like to weigh in on this if I may.  Here is the original posting by
sadie118 at juno.com:

I make no claims to have any knowledge about the legitimacy of your message
for
EMERGECNY CASTING for a college female.  However, as a college female, I
find
your message to be highly suspicious.  Not only did you fail to affiliate
yourself with an independent film company, you also failed to ask for a
resume
-an indication that you are searching for faces, not actresses.  Young women
are
in a vulnerable position, and must constantly be on look out for
victimization.
I would caution anyone against sending their picture and phone number to an
unknown email address.  Although your email may in fact be legitimate, and
intentions genuine, requesting phone numbers and pictures from young women
through email is not an appropriate action.

Sincerely,
A college student.

My response:
First, I will gladly vouch for Rob Lucas.  He has worked on high-profile
Hollywood-produced films in the Cleveland area for years.  He has always
finished a project he set out to make, and most are award-winning successes.
  I have watched his films, and they're some of the finest in town.  As
recently as this week, Rob Lucas helped me and a friend film a full-length
documentary in New York City.  During the trip, he talked a lot about this
project and I personally reccommended he post a call for actresses on this
messageboard.  Furthermore, I have read the script and unlike most local
attempts, it's engaging and entertaining.
Secondly, you make wild allegations about this man without taking 30 seconds
to consult iMDB to see a list of his credits.  Next time you want to bring
down "the man", Sadie, please do some cursory research. There are plenty
other people who post on this board that deserve your rebukes.  Please
reserve your soapbox for them.
For all those 20-year old actresses looking for some legit work in this
city, I would highly suggest you send your info to Rob at ja-cas at prodigy.net
  And, Sadie, an appology would be appropriate.
Sincerely,
James Renner
Director, Stephen King's "All That You Love..."
Staff Writer, Scene Magazine