[NEohioPAL]Re Rob Lucas' casting, in general

Tom tzandar at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 13 22:54:42 PST 2005

------=_NextPart_000_00FB_01C4F9DC.03B7B930

I'm met and briefly worked with Rob on one or two occasions, I'd vouch =
for him, he seemed as reputable as any, and more so then some, local =
people.  Sadie made a few good points, as did James, but before this =
little flame war continues, I'd just like to attempt to boil it all =
down.

Don't think that anyone looking for talent is legit, look into it before =
you send out a warning about his "evil" intentions, remember YOU are =
responsible for YOUR actions.  I can say from my experiences while =
trying to get my first film underway that the stress level can sometimes =
get overwhelming and sometimes things are phrased in a way that make you =
appear creepy, shady or illegitimate while you may not be. =20

I think the best thing to do would have been to look for references, =
email this list if need be, and contact the person for more details.  =
It's much easier to disappear via email then changing a phone number. =20

I applaud the warning to young women specifically, and the general =
community as a whole, remember young women aren't the only ones who can =
be victims.  When I read the email it seemed to be a personal attack, =
rather then a more generalized warning.  Re-reading Rob's original =
email, as well as Sadie's, perhaps he took for granted the fact that =
there are always new people coming into the community who may not =
recognize his name.

I think we could all learn a lesson here about wording, caution, and =
personal responsibility.  Can't we all get along and destroy Hollywood =
with some good indie films, isn't that the important thing?

Tom
www.clevelandfx.com

------=_NextPart_000_00FB_01C4F9DC.03B7B930

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm met and briefly worked with Rob on =
one or two=20
occasions, I'd vouch for him, he seemed as reputable as any, and more so =
then=20
some, local people.  Sadie made a few good points, as did =
James, but=20
before this little flame war continues, I'd just like to attempt =
t</FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>o boil it all down.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Don't think that anyone looking for =
talent is=20
legit, look into it before you send out a warning about his "evil" =
intentions,=20
remember YOU are responsible for YOUR actions.  I can say from my=20
experiences while trying to get my first film underway that the stress =
level can=20
sometimes get overwhelming and sometimes things are phrased in a way =
that make=20
you appear creepy, shady or illegitimate while you may not be. =20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I think the best thing to do would have =
been to=20
look for references, email this list if need be, and contact the =
person for=20
more details.  It's much easier to disappear via email then =
changing a=20
phone number.  </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I applaud the warning to young women =
specifically,=20
and the general community as a whole, remember young women aren't the =
only ones=20
who can be victims.  When I read the email it seemed to be a =
personal=20
attack, rather then a more generalized warning.  Re-reading =
Rob's=20
original email, as well as Sadie's, perhaps he took for granted the fact =
that=20
there are always new people coming into the community who may not =
recognize his=20
name.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I think we could all learn a lesson =
here about=20
wording, caution, and personal responsibility.  Can't we all get =
along and=20
destroy Hollywood with some good indie films, isn't that the important=20
thing?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Tom</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.clevelandfx.com">www.clevelandfx.com</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00FB_01C4F9DC.03B7B930--