[NEohioPAL]Response from Sadie

sadie118 at juno.com sadie118 at juno.com
Fri Jan 14 20:36:18 PST 2005

Dear NeOhioPal Members,

I have avoided writing a response until now because I wanted to avoid dragging out a flame war.  After reading and carefully considering everyone’s responses, I'd like to apologize if my message was overly personal.  In my passion to make a point, I'm afraid I fell a little short on diplomacy.  My intent was not to defame a stranger’s reputation, but to point out the dangers of writing and responding to sketchy casting calls.

The number of people who responded with wisdom and thoughtful advice impressed me. I think that we can all learn something form their messages.  Cleveland obviously has a passionate artistic community with members from all kinds of background and experience.

I want to point out that my real name isn't Sadie or anything like it. Don't be suspicious if you meet a theatre person whose name is Sadie!

I'd also like to comment that imbd is a wonderful resource that I have used for years.  Nevertheless, imdb is NOT an indicator of legitimacy.  I looked up my own name and found to my delight that I've already co-directed several films!  (I obviously have not, but someone else with my same name.)

Best wishes to everyone, especial Rob Lucas, who has who has responded with professionalism and tact.  I encourage everyone to use his or her common sense when responding to and posting casting calls!  Don't be lulled into a false since of security out of habit or because our artistic community is relatively small (but vibrant).  This holds true in life, as well as theatre.

Thanks!

“Sadie”

Now includes pop-up blocker!