[NEohioPAL]Wild Plum: Call for Artists for Upcoming Show

Tim Marshall tmarshall at lgcsc.org
Mon Jan 10 17:23:03 PST 2005

After finishing its run of TOUCHED: BODIES OF WORK at Cleveland Public
Theatre and nearing the end of TOUCHED's accompanying visual art show, =
Wild
Plum is lining up visual artists for its next exhibit. We are also =
looking
to host special ART AFTER DARK events at our gallery spaces after the
performances/events of other arts organizations in Cleveland. If you are
offering a performance or event from March 12-May 31, and would like to
partner with us, contact me at tmarshall at lgcsc.org for more information. =
--
Tim

CALL FOR ARTISTS
Wild Plum Productions, Northern Ohio's LGBTQ cultural arts project, is
announcing a call for artists for its upcoming QueerPop exhibit at the
Lesbian/Gay Community Center of Greater Cleveland. If your art is loud,
bright, colorful and full of opinion, influenced by Andy Warhol and/or
pop-culturally fantastic, this exhibit is calling your name.

We are accepting photography, sculptured pieces, paintings, mixed media =
and
other media. All pieces must be approved by Wild Plum's Curator, Terry
Michelle, and delivered to the Center (6600 Detroit Avenue) by Friday, =
March
4.

If interested in participating, contact Terry Michelle at 216.322.8812 =
or
TerryMichelle01 at hotmail.com.=20

Confirmed works include a new installation of David Huffman's (in)famous
toilet seats and Chris Sweiger's Artefactual Creations line of resin =
jewelry
which features found objects such as flowers, candies, nails and more.=20

The show will kick-off with an opening night party on Saturday, March =
12.
This is the third show at the Center's new Wild Plum Galleries and will =
run
through spring.=20

For more information on Wild Plum, visit =
http://www.lgcsc.org/wildplum.html

###

Tim L. Marshall
Director of Communications
Lesbian/Gay Community Service Center
of Greater Cleveland
6600 Detroit Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44102
Tel: 216.651.LGBT / Fax: 216.651.6439
tmarshall at lgcsc.org / media at lgcsc.org
Visit our virtual Center: www.lgcsc.org