[NEohioPAL]union, non union, etc questions

e p lilmiss716 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 08:18:18 PST 2005

--0-309002848-1106237898=:14179

hi all
i wrote a post a while back asking folks to explain equity, nonequity, union, nonunion, etc. i got a few answers and i know the basics....but i still have a few questions...so basically since i'm not in any union, i'm considered "non union" or "non equity", right? so if i am in a nonpaying performance of whatever, it is nonunion or non equity, i get no pay and no "points" toward any union unless i am non union and in a "union" performance? also are there any books out there that explain all this so i can study up? you know, books that explain diff theatre/film contracts (lort b, cost, non rep a, etc etc) and list current pay rates etc etc for various types of performance...i have "backstage performers guide ed, 3" but it seems very vague on certain things...any suggestions?

thanks everyone=]

--0-309002848-1106237898=:14179

<DIV>hi all</DIV>
<DIV>i wrote a post a while back asking folks to explain equity, nonequity, union, nonunion, etc. i got a few answers and i know the basics....but i still have a few questions...so basically since i'm not in any union, i'm considered "non union" or "non equity", right? so if i am in a nonpaying performance of whatever, it is nonunion or non equity, i get no pay and no "points" toward any union unless i am non union and in a "union" performance? also are there any books out there that explain all this so i can study up? you know, books that explain diff theatre/film contracts (lort b, cost, non rep a, etc etc) and list current pay rates etc etc for various types of performance...i have "backstage performers guide ed, 3" but it seems very vague on certain things...any suggestions?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>thanks everyone=]</DIV>
--0-309002848-1106237898=:14179--