[NEohioPAL]Re: Open letter

Ros44333 at aol.com Ros44333 at aol.com
Sat Jan 29 06:59:39 PST 2005

As a costumer who has worked in the theater let me respond that there are directors that many of us will NOT work with either.  I work predominately in a volunteer environment, wanting to change that:), and let me tell you that guest directors come in with unrealistic expectations or worse, assume because we are volunteers that we have no brain and want us to gofer or recreate their prior show.  Sometimes, they don't understand the concept of BUDGET or DEADLINES.  Productions meetings should have worked out those problems, but alas, that isn't always reality.  I personally have missed one double dress and the director knew going in that I had a prior family commitment; yet I was called unprofessional for not being there or having a sub.

Let the open letter be for everyone, even the PAID guest directors.
--
R. O. Sass
P.S.  You may receive this as a bcc in order to protect your privacy; please be considerate of mine! If you are going to forward what I've sent, DON'T!  Please copy it and put it in a new email!