[NEohioPAL]Auditions for "The Rocky Horror Show"

Jan Harcar jharcar at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Mon Jan 31 13:40:23 PST 2005

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C507B3.8F39D6C0

Weathervane Playhouse Announces
AUDITIONS BY APPOINTMENT for Musical
THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW
Weathervane Playhouse will hold AUDITIONS BY APPOINTMENT for the musical =
THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW, BY Richard O'Brien. The content of this musical =
is for adult/mature audiences only. Auditions will be held at =
Weathervane Playhouse (1301 Weathervane Lane, Akron, In the Valley off =
Merriman Road) on Monday and Tuesday, February 28 and March 1 beginning =
at 7 p.m. in 10-minute intervals.=20

Cast requirements: 8 Women ages 21- 50
8 Women ages 21 - 50
10 Men ages 21 - 50
Prepare: One up-tempo pop or rock song in the style of the show. Song =
may be from the show. Bring sheet music in the correct key. An =
accompanist will be provided.

Rehearsals: Begin May 9
Director/Choreographer for the production of The Rocky Horror Show is =
Jacqi Loewy. Loewy directed last season's Proof as well as the =
award-winning The Laramie Project and, also, The Fantasticks and Little =
Shop of Horrors. She was the Artistic Supervisor for the longest-running =
show in Cleveland history, Tony and Tina's Wedding and recently finish =
filming The Clearing with Robert Redford.

Musical Director is Steve Parsons. Parsons was Weathervane's musical =
director for The Fantasticks several seasons ago. He received his =
Bachelor of Music and Master of Arts degress from Kent State University =
and is an instructor at Malone College. He has music directed at many =
local theaters including North Canton Playhouse and The Illusion =
Factory. A member of the AMerican Society of Composers, Authors and =
Publishers, Steve is also in deman as a composer and arranger for many =
marching and concert bands.

All roles are available. Weathervane Playhouse is committed to =
non-traditional casting. Except in cases where race, gender, age or =
disability is essential to the play, all roles will be cast on the basis =
of talent. Weathervane Playhouse is a community theater. All performers =
in all productions are volunteers. For further information, call =
Weathervane at 330-836-2626.

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3DHelvetica>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial>Weathervane Playhouse =
Announces</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG><FONT face=3DArial>AUDITIONS BY APPOINTMENT =
for=20
Musical</FONT></STRONG></DIV></FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG>THE ROCKY HORROR =
SHOW</STRONG></DIV></FONT><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P><B>Weathervane Playhouse</B> will hold </FONT><B><U><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica><FONT size=3D3>AUDITIONS BY APPOINTMENT</FONT></U><FONT =
size=3D3>=20
</FONT></B></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>for the musical =
<B><I>THE ROCKY=20
HORROR SHOW</B></I>, BY Richard O=92Brien<B><I>.</I> The content of this =
musical=20
is for adult/mature audiences only.</B> Auditions will be held at =
Weathervane=20
Playhouse (1301 Weathervane Lane, Akron, In the Valley off Merriman =
Road) on=20
<B>Monday and Tuesday, February 28 </B>and <B>March 1</B> beginning at 7 =
p.m. in=20
10-minute intervals. </P>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><STRONG>Cast requirements: 8 Women ages 21-=20
50</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>8 Women ages 21 - 50</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>10 Men ages 21 - 50</FONT></DIV></FONT><FONT =
face=3DHelv=20
size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Prepare: One up-tempo pop or rock song in the =
style of the=20
show. Song may be from the show. Bring sheet music in the correct key. =
An=20
accompanist will be provided.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Rehearsals: Begin May 9</FONT></DIV></FONT><FONT =

face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P>Director/Choreographer for the production of <I>The Rocky Horror Show =
</I>is=20
<B>Jacqi Loewy</B>.<B> Loewy</B> directed last season=92s <I>Proof</I> =
as well as=20
the award-winning <I>The Laramie Project</I> and, also, <I>The =
Fantasticks</I>=20
and <I>Little Shop of Horrors.</I> She was the Artistic Supervisor for =
the=20
longest-running show in Cleveland history, <I>Tony and Tina=92s =
Wedding</I> and=20
recently finish filming <I>The Clearing</I> with Robert Redford.</P>
<P>Musical Director is <B>Steve Parsons</B>. Parsons was Weathervane's =
musical=20
director for <EM>The Fantasticks</EM> several seasons ago. He received =
his=20
Bachelor of Music and Master of Arts degress from Kent State University =
and is=20
an instructor at Malone College. He has music directed at many local =
theaters=20
including North Canton Playhouse and The Illusion Factory. A member =
of the=20
AMerican Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers, Steve is also in =
deman as=20
a composer and arranger for many marching and concert bands.</P>
<P>All roles are available. Weathervane Playhouse is committed to=20
non-traditional casting. Except in cases where race, gender, age or =
disability=20
is essential to the play, all roles will be cast on the basis of talent. =

Weathervane Playhouse is a community theater. All performers in all =
productions=20
are volunteers. <B>For further information, call Weathervane at=20
330-836-2626</B>.</P>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Summary: Auditions by appointment for =
</FONT><I><FONT=20
face=3DArial>The Rocky Horror Show</FONT></DIV></I>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Monday & Tuesday, Feb. 28 & March=20
1</FONT></DIV></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C507B3.8F39D6C0--