[NEohioPAL]"Healing Circle" Performance Set

Standing Rock Cultural Arts info at standingrock.net
Wed Mar 2 19:16:00 PST 2005

--MS_Mac_OE_3192646560_846165_MIME_Part

Greetings,

WHO:  Standing Rock Cultural Arts and Townhall II
-with the support of The Ohio Arts Council and The Women=B9s Resource Center
at Kent State University

WHAT:  =B3Healing Circle=B2  Multi-Media Performance
-A woman=B9s story told through music, dance, video projection, and spoken
word
-produced by Gary Lockwood
-written by Mike Hovancsek

WHEN:  April 2nd, 2005

WHERE:  Kiva Auditorium, Student Center, Kent State University=B9s Main Campu=

Cost:  $10.00 General Admission

CONTACT:  Gary @ 330-903-2055

TICKETS: available online@ www.standingrock.net

www.standingrock.net for updates

Thank you for supporting the Arts,

Jeff Ingram/Executive Director
Standing Rock Cultural Arts
257 N. Water St.
Kent, OH 44240
330-673-4970
info at standingrock.net

Standing Rock Cultural Arts will be presenting =B3The Healing Circle=B2 on Apri=
2nd, 2005 at 8:00 in the evening. The performance will be in the Kiva at
Kent State University main campus. Produced by Gary Lockwood and written by
Mike Hovancsek =B3The Healing Circle=B2 is a story of one person=B9s journey from
sexual assault to healing through dance, original music, spoken text and
video art.

Gary Lockwood was inspired to produce The Healing Circle after helping a
young woman attain justice who lived through ten years of rape and sexual
abuse at the hands of her step father. =B3Her strength amazed me and I felt
that I just had to do something to honor her and all survivors.=B2 Lockwood
said.

Partnering with Standing Rock Cultural Arts on this program is Townhall II
in Kent as well as The Women=B9s Resource Center located on Kent State
University=B9s main campus. It is through both organizations that we hope to
raise more awareness to these issues. All profits will go to Townhall II an=
their programs that deal with sexual assault and rape.
For more information contact Gary Lockwood by email at gigoon at hotmail.com o=
by phone at 330-903-2055

--MS_Mac_OE_3192646560_846165_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>"Healing Circle" Performance Set</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<B>Greetings,<BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica">WHO:  </FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"=
Helvetica"><FONT SIZE=3D"4">Standing Rock Cultural Arts and Townhall II<BR>
</FONT>-with the support of The Ohio Arts Council and The Women=B9s Resource =
Center at Kent State University<BR>
</FONT></B><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica"><H2><BR>
WHAT:  =B3Healing Circle=B2  Multi-Media Performance<BR>
</H2><B>-A woman=B9s story told through music, dance, video projection, and s=
poken word<BR>
-produced by Gary Lockwood<BR>
-written by Mike Hovancsek<BR>
</B><H2><BR>
WHEN:  April 2nd, 2005<BR>
<BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><B>WHERE:  Kiva Auditorium, Student Center, Kent S=
tate University=B9s Main Campus<BR>
</B></FONT><H2><BR>
Cost:  $10.00 General Admission<BR>
<BR>
CONTACT:  Gary @ 330-903-2055<BR>
<BR>
TICKETS: available online@ www.standingrock.net <BR>
<BR>
</H2><H3>www.standingrock.net for updates<BR>
<BR>
Thank you for supporting the Arts,<BR>
<BR>
Jeff Ingram/Executive Director<BR>
Standing Rock Cultural Arts<BR>
257 N. Water St.<BR>
Kent, OH 44240<BR>
330-673-4970<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>info at standingrock.net<BR>
<BR>
</U></FONT></H3></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Tahoma"><B>Standing Rock Cultural Arts w=
ill be presenting =B3The Healing Circle=B2 on April 2nd, 2005 at 8:00 in the eve=
ning. The performance will be in the Kiva at Kent State University main camp=
us. Produced by Gary Lockwood and written by Mike Hovancsek =B3The Healing Cir=
cle=B2 is a story of one person=B9s journey from sexual assault to healing throu=
gh dance, original music, spoken text and video art.<BR>
<BR>
Gary Lockwood was inspired to produce The Healing Circle after helping a yo=
ung woman attain justice who lived through ten years of rape and sexual abus=
e at the hands of her step father. =B3Her strength amazed me and I felt that I=
 just had to do something to honor her and all survivors.=B2 Lockwood said.<BR=

<BR>
Partnering with Standing Rock Cultural Arts on this program is Townhall II =
in Kent as well as The Women=B9s Resource Center located on Kent State Univers=
ity=B9s main campus. It is through both organizations that we hope to raise mo=
re awareness to these issues. All profits will go to Townhall II and their p=
rograms that deal with sexual assault and rape. <BR>
For more information contact Gary Lockwood by email at <U>gigoon at hotmail.co=
m</U> or by phone at 330-903-205</B>5<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3192646560_846165_MIME_Part--