[NEohioPAL]PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 3, 2005 - AUDITOR WILL HELP WORKING ARTISTS IN TAX WORKSHOP CLINIC

Cherylee Wilson ugrrnet at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 3 09:32:42 PST 2005

--------

Contact:  CheryLee Wilson, ugrrnet at earthlink.net
              theArts Network

            RESPONSIBLE MESSAGES INCORPORATED will kick-off a second
year of development workshops for "the working artist" with its
Last-Minute Tax Workshop and Clinic for artistic small-business owners.
Two separate workshop-clinics will be held at the downtown Cleveland
Main Public Library on March 19 and March 26 from 1 to 4 PM in
Conference Room 218E of the Business Department on the second floor of
the Louis Stokes Wing.  Additional tax information for small business
tax filers will be available, and theArts Network will provide
refreshments. Seating is limited to 50 participants in each session.
Register online at theArts Network website < www.ugrr.net/an/ > to
qualify for attendance rebates and prize drawings.

                Whether your company size is one, one-plus-one
(occasionally), or more, Arthur D. Hunter, President of Quik-Fix Tax
Services, Inc., City of Cleveland auditor, and former IRS auditor will
provide professional tips, tax tools and personal consultation in the
workshop and clinic.  These will be a tremendous asset for any
self-employed artist or craftsman faced with filing taxes at the last
minute.  Mr. Hunter customarily charges $75-$150 for tax consultation,
but is committed to sharing expertise with small business owners who can
benefit the most from his professional experience.  The speaker will
donate half of his speaker's fee to theArts Network which is hosting
both sessions.   In turn, theArts Network will hold a rebate "drawing"
among registered attendees at the two workshop/clinics.  An additional
drawing will award a Quik-Fix Tax Packet customizing the winner's
business tax-filings.  A $20 workshop/clinic fee is payable through
secure online registration March 7 - March 21.

                "There has been an increase in the number of
entrepreneurial artists in the area over the last two years," says
CheryLee Wilson, Director of theArts Network.  "I am a working artist
myself, and believe me, it's disheartening when you work your butt off
all year to eek out a living as an artist.  Consider yourself lucky if
you have a 'day job' to offset the cost of art supplies. Then, the tax
man cometh-  reeking all kinds of financial havoc in your profit margin.
It's the price you pay to be self-employed."

                Like Wilson, many local artists will face their 1099's,
C and S-E  schedules with by slide-rule, calculator, pot of coffee, and
a ouiji board in hand.  Fully intending to claim a significant tax
refund from self-employment opportunities is a challenge, at least.
"Times are tough and money is tight," adds the producer-playwright. "The
Last-Minute Tax Workshop and Clinic with former IRS auditor, Arthur
Hunter, is the best defense I could muster against losing more than a
fair share of my hard earned income to Uncle Sam".

                "The first workshop clinic theArts Network did, now that
was an eye-opener," Hunter recalled. "I got a good look at how some of
the artists kept their 'books' - the foundation for your tax records.
That is what the tax auditor is going to look at. There's a saying,
'Give a man a fish, and he'll eat a meal.; well, if I teach that man to
fish, he's going to run a fishing business, and pay people to fish for
him."  I help the artists get the most return on the creative time and
money they have already spent taking care of  "business".  When I worked
for the government, it was my job to get as much of your income as I
could  - for my employer. Four hours with me in this "Last-Minute" tax
workshop and clinic, and the artists won't be 'struggling or starving',
they'll be 'striving and thriving' with big returns on their investment.

                QUIK-FIX TAX SERVICES, INC is already operating at full
speed with only eight weeks left to report income and pay taxes by the
national tax day deadline.  "I am not surprised at the number of people
who wait til the last minute to do their taxes," says former IRS auditor
and CPA Arthur Hunter.  He is a tax professional who knows when a small
business client is in good shape to submit their tax forms with
confidence.   "Many just need to start earlier so they don't need a
'quik-fix'!  For far too many, it's just sloppy math, but they can pay
me to use my calculator."  Auditing responsibilities in the central
finance department of the City of Cleveland round out Mr. Hunter's
experience in recognizing and using 'best practices' that discourage
bad habits like poor record-keeping.  Hunter proudly asserted, "Your tax
records will never become an issue for you or a tax auditor to figure
out."

                RESPONSIBLE MESSAGES INCORPORATED, a 501(c)(3)
non-profit organization in Cleveland, Ohio, has effectively linked
artistic and career development goals of local independent artists to
the needs of civic groups, community organizations, schools and arts
institutions since 1983.  The Arts Network, an RMI affiliate, rallies
unique artists to collaborate in outreach projects which stimulate their
professional development and promote arts and community service
outreach.  Riding out the tenuous economic trends of the 80's and 90's,
the organization instituted a virtual management model to trim program
operations, provide stronger advocacy focus for artistic values and
creative diversity in community development , and meet the demands for
creative solutions in this Millennium.

             QUIK-FIX TAX SERVICES, INC. is a Cleveland-based tax
accounting firm owned and operated by Arthur D. Anderson, CPA.  For
professional tax and accounting services for individuals and small
business, call (216) 631-8858.

# # #