[NEohioPAL]Pay-No Pay

lenne at mindspring.com lenne at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 25 07:42:40 PST 2005

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

I am embarrassed by the personal attacks I've read.  What ever happened to respecting each other's views?

I was unable to attend the Monday meeting because I am currently directing Jane Eyre, (and YES, this IS self-promotion--we open April 15 at Cassidy theatre, please come), but I have read every word of this discussion.

What began as a simple discussion/summary of the night's events quickly has deteriorated into a schoolyard name-calling spat simply because one of "our own" voiced an opinion that seems to differ from some other posters.  Mary Faktor's post did not attack anyone--she just put forth another view and used herself as an example.  What other example should she have used?  Certainly she knows her own story better than anyone else's!

Let's get back to discussing the issue and leave the person vitriol to the politicians.

And...for the record...I agree that we should be paid if we work for someone who stands to make a profit from our efforts, but we can't forget that most of us became paid actors after we got our feet wet doing non-paying theatre.  If this work-only-where-you-will-get-paid attitude continues to erode the community theatre family, from where will the next generation of actors come?

Lenne Snively
Actor, Director
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2604" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4>I am embarrassed by the personal attacks I've read.  What ever happened to respecting each other's views?</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4>I was unable to attend the Monday meeting because I am currently directing Jane Eyre, (and YES, this IS self-promotion--we open April 15 at Cassidy theatre, please come), but I have read every word of this discussion.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4>What began as a simple discussion/summary of the night's events quickly has deteriorated into a schoolyard name-calling spat simply because one of "our own" voiced an opinion that seems to differ from some other posters.  Mary Faktor's post did not attack anyone--she just put forth another view and used herself as an example.  What other example should she have used?  Certainly she knows her own story better than anyone else's!</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4>Let's get back to discussing the issue and leave the person vitriol to the politicians.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Andy><FONT size=4><STRONG>And...for the record...I agree that we should be paid if we work for someone who stands to make a profit from our efforts,</STRONG> <STRONG><FONT color=#ff0000>but we can't forget that most of us became paid actors after we got our feet wet doing non-paying theatre.  If this work-only-where-you-will-get-paid attitude continues to erode the community theatre family, from where will the next generation of actors come?</FONT></STRONG></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy color=#ff0000 size=4></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4>Lenne Snively</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4>Actor, Director</FONT></STRONG></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8--