[NEohioPAL]PAYPAL warning

Bill cinevid at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 11:18:39 PDT 2005

--0-1676164160-1112811519=:58165

I know it was dumb in retrospect, but the link said PayPal.com and it sounded so official.

I was told I needed to update my registration info because a fraudelant use of my account was attempted and it left me restricted.

To regain full use, I filled out all the usual stuff and even though a red flag went up when they asked for my pin number, I thought for sure it was a secure server and that I was indeed sending the info to PayPal.

WRONG... or at least if it was PayPal, someone there is a crook.

It was probably someone at PayPal though because they offer credit cards, so someone simply made a debit card with my account info and used it at a couple ATMs and took all my money!!!

Luckily the bank is re-imbursing me, but I guess you can't trust anyone.

Burned but wiser,
Bill Johns

http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-1676164160-1112811519=:58165

<DIV>
<DIV>I know it was dumb in retrospect, but the link said PayPal.com and it sounded so official.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I was told I needed to update my registration info because a fraudelant use of my account was attempted and it left me restricted.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>To regain full use, I filled out all the usual stuff and even though a red flag went up when they asked for my pin number, I thought for sure it was a secure server and that I was indeed sending the info to PayPal.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>WRONG... or at least if it was PayPal, someone there is a crook.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>It was probably someone at PayPal though because they offer credit cards, so someone simply made a debit card with my account info and used it at a couple ATMs and took all my money!!!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Luckily the bank is re-imbursing me, but I guess you can't trust anyone.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Burned but wiser,</DIV>
--0-1676164160-1112811519=:58165--