[NEohioPAL]April 21, 2005 - It's Daniel Thompson's 70th Birthday Party (and fundraiser)

Oonawolf at aol.com Oonawolf at aol.com
Fri Apr 8 11:16:45 PDT 2005

Dear Friends,

On Thursday, April 21, 2005, from 7-10 p.m., we will hold a birthday party in
honor of Daniel Thompson, poet laureate of Cuyahoga County, who would have
turned 70 years old.  Some of you attended last year's celebration with
Daniel
in attendance.  Little did we realize at the time that it would turn out to
be
the last birthday he could share with us.  As you know, Daniel passed on May
6, 2004.  I thought it might be a good idea to regather and remember, and
perhaps give closure.

This observance will take place at the Algebra Tea House, 2136 Murray Hill
Rd. in Little Italy, a favorite hangout of Daniel's.  The proprietor, Ayman,
will prepare a vegetable cous-cous dinner for the mere price of $7.00 - four
dollars of which will go to help the Homeless Grapevine, an empowerment
project of the Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless.  For reservations, please
call Ayman at (216) 421-9007 - so he may know how much food to prepare.

If you are not dining with us, you can still attend this special evening in
remembrance of Daniel Thompson's 70th Birthday.  Except for the cost of
dinner, admission is free; but please consider donating to the Homeless Grapevine
newspaper - so that they may continue to publish; providing a much-needed voice
to the issues concerning homelessness in Cleveland (and in America).

Entertainment will be provided by Drumplay, world/jazz percussion ensemble,
and winner of Best World Music Act 2002-2003 in the Cleveland Free Times
Music Awards - along with guest speakers and poets, including Maj Ragain of Kent
State University, among others.  For more info, please send an email to
james at drumplay.com.

We'll see you then,

James Onysko
(216) 429-1152