[NEohioPAL][OIFF-News] CALL FOR SCREENPLAYS for the 2005 Ohio Independent Screenplay Awards

annettamarion oiff-News-owner at yahoogroups.com
Fri Apr 29 09:54:46 PDT 2005

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->=20
http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/W4IolB/TM
=20
For Immediate Release: April 29, 2005
=20
Contact: Annetta Marion or Bernadette Gillota, Co-Founding Artistic Directo=
rs of=20
Independent Pictures, (216) 651-7315

The Ohio Independent Screenplay Awards introduce aspiring writers to the pr=
ofessionals=20
who can propel real writing careers. "=85my script received more industry e=
xposure than I=20
got from other contests I've won or placed in," states Rich Figel, winner o=
f the Best Voice=20
of Color Screenplay Award for his script INUGAMI. Over the years, winning s=
creenplays=20
have been optioned, other winners have been produced into full-length featu=
re films;=20
additionally, some winning writers are now well on their way to professiona=
l writing=20
careers. "I've gotten such personal, individualized attention from Independ=
ent Pictures, I'm=20
certain that same attitude will be reflected in the attention I get from po=
tential producers=20
as a result of my win," says Lily Mariye, winner of the Best of Voice of Co=
lor Screenplay=20
Award for her script THE SHANGRI-LA CAFE. The 2005 Ohio Independent Screenp=
lay=20
Awards marks Independent Pictures' 9th annual screenplay competition and bo=
asts a=20
seasoned judging process.

Personal coverage and feedback from programmers and readers on your screenp=
lay will be=20
available to every screenplay entrant. Exclaims writer Ken Johnson of the c=
overage and=20
feedback, "Loved it. May be more valuable than the screenplay competition i=
tself." Writers=20
Joe Amato & Kass Fleisher add, "This is a tough industry to break into and =
we found your=20
insights especially useful." Finalists and winners are awarded submission t=
o Hollywood and=20
NYC producers, talent management companies and production companies-the=20
introduction to a real writing career. On top of all that, winners receive =
even more-
including representation/promotion by www.InkTip.com. Declares Spiro Skentz=
os, winner=20
of the Best Screenplay Award for his script THREE MILE FAMILY, "It was grea=
t to finally find=20
a screenplay competition that rewards smaller, character-orientated films o=
ver mainstream=20
Hollywood ideas."

Deadlines (postmarked by) to submit screenplays for the 2005 screenplay com=
petition are:=20
June 10; July 7 (late). Please call (216) 651-7315, email OhioIndieFilmFest=
@juno,com, or=20
visit www.ohiofilms.com for screenplay, film and video entry information.

Independent Pictures is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization established in 199=
3. IP is the=20
proud sponsor of the Ohio Independent Film Festival, Ohio Independent Scree=
nplay=20
Awards, Film Production Training Program, regional AIVF Salons, Fiscal Agen=
t Sponsorship=20
Program, Speakers Bureau, annual Director of Photography Workshop, and a va=
riety of=20
curatorial programs.

INDEPENDENT PICTURES' SPONSORS: Association of Independent Video & Filmmake=
rs,=20
Audio Visual Rentals, The Cleveland Foundation, Community Shares of Greater=
 Cleveland,=20
Filmmaker Magazine, The George Gund Foundation, www.InkTip.com, Media Desig=
n=20
Imaging, The Offset Theory, Ohio Arts Council, Sherwin Williams=20

###

Independent Pictures
1392 West 65th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44102