[NEohioPAL]Cast Announcement: The Rocky Horror Show

Jan Harcar jharcar at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Wed Jun 1 17:29:01 PDT 2005

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C566E8.8C04D560

WEATHERVANE PLAYHOUSE

THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW

Richard O'Brien's campy musical, ROCKY HORROR SHOW, takes the stage at =
Weathervane Playhouse June 15 - July 10, 2005. The play is recommended =
for audiences age 16 and up and contains mature situations. Weathervane =
welcomes back Jacqi Loewy to direct.

Director: Jacqi Loewy previously directed Little Shop of Horrors, The =
Fantasticks, Proof and the award-winning The Laramie Project for =
Weathervane. She is the newly-appointed Artistic Director of Charenton =
Theater Company. Originally from New York City, her directing career =
began in 1979 for Madison Square Garden's and Warner Brothers' =
international productions of The Bugs Bunny Follies. Broadway =
choreography credits include I Married and Angel and Just So. She =
restaged the original production of Hair for the European and Paris =
companies, directed several summer stock productions and served as dance =
captain for numerous tours.

Musical Director: Steve Parsons is a full-time musical co-director at =
Carousel Dinner Theatre. For ten years, he was the resident musical =
director at The Players Guild of Canton with 48 musicals and 64 total =
productions to date including Titanic, 1776, Godspell, The Rocky Horror =
Show, Moby Dick and Our Town. Among Steve's other professional credits =
are The Ohio Shakespeare Company, Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera, The =
Illusion Factory and Weathervane Playhouse. An active composer/arranger, =
Steve received his Bachelors and masters degrees in composition at Kent =
State University, and his works are heard throughout the US and Canada =
in festivals and competitions. He has created new editions of the =
Nunsense and Nunsense A-Men! Scores for creator Dan Goggin, providing =
original music and arrangements for the hit video game College Slam, and =
performing as part of the "Tickestra" for the FOX animated television =
series The Tick. He is also a consultant and contributor to the upcoming =
biography of legendary songwriter Stephen Schwartz.

Cast:

John Popa Narrator Canton

This is John's first show at Weathervane but this is the fourth time =
he's played the Narrator in The Rocky Horror Show. He's also played =
roles such as Dr. Parker in Bat Boy: The Musical, and The Pirate King in =
The Pirates of Penzance. A former professional wrestler and roadie, John =
is happy his "road dog" days are behind him as he settles back into life =
in Northeast Ohio.

Ian S. Haberman Dr. Scott Sharon Center

Ian was seen most recently at Weathervane as Dr. Kelekian in Wit and as =
Senex in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. He won =
Chanticleer Awards for his performances as Mr. Muchnik in Little Shop of =
Horrors, Zaretsky in Conversations with My Father and Lenny in Doubles.

Alicia Marie Malone Janet Brunswick

New to Weathervane, Alicia comes to Ohio from San Jose, California where =
she appeared in productions at Los Gatos Theatre, West Valley College, =
the Saratoga Drama Group and West Valley Light Opera. Locally, she was =
seen in A Grand Night for Singing at Brunswick Alumni Theatre. She is =
receiving a Masters Degree and teacher's credential in Special Education =
at Cleveland State University.

Scott Shriner Brad Akron

This is Scott's third Weathervane production of the 2004-2005 season. He =
played Pip/Theo in Three Days of Rain and Garry Lejeune in Noises Off =
earlier this season. He has also been seen in productions at Actors' =
Summit, Hudson Players, Coach House Theatre, Aurora Community Theatre =
and Ohio Shakespeare Festival at Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens.

Joseph Bishara Frank Akron

Joe holds a degree in vocal performance from Ohio Wesleyan. He has been =
seen regionally in Honk!, The Last Five Years, I Love You, You're =
Perfect, Now Change, Pirates of Penzance and the title role in Joseph =
and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Chanda K. Porter Magenta Cuyahoga Falls

Chanda's recent credits include Little Shop of Horrors, Man of La =
Mancha, School House Rose Live, A Little Night Music and Assassins. She =
also performed in Weathervane's Annie 10 years ago! In 2002, she was =
honored with a Georgie Award at North Canton Playhouse as "Best Female =
Newcomer."

Jared P. McGrath Riff-Raff Akron

>From 1993 - 1995, Jared coordinated/directed the live stage show =
accompanying The Rocky Horror Picture Show in Akron and Kent. He has =
appeared in musical productions of The Boyfriend, Godspell and Guys and =
Dolls as well as Neil Simon's Fools.

Cory Farinacci Columbia Cleveland

Cory just completed her third year of study at Baldwin-Wallace College =
where she studies English and Theatre in the field of education. She has =
enjoyed roles in Tony and Tina's Wedding, Cabaret, West Side Story and =
Sweet Charity.

Patrick Ciamacco Eddie Brunswick

A first-timer at Weathervane, Patrick has been seen in Near West =
productions including Sweet Charity, The Baker's Wife and Pippin. He was =
also in a 2 =BD year run of Tony and Tina's Wedding at Playhouse Square.

Allen Seeley Rocky North Olmsted

Allen is a student at Kent State University in Theatre Education. His =
credits include Millet in Fuddy Meers, Linus in You're a Good Man, =
Charlie Brown. He has also been seen in Everyman at Cuyahoga Community =
College and Tony & Tina's Wedding at Cassidy Theatre.

Ron P. Cuirle Phantom Akron

For the past couple of years, Ron has been active at Hudson Players with =
backstage duties including light and sound operator for I Hate Hamlet, =
Annie Get Your Gun, You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown and A Perfect =
Wedding. His performance credits include As You Like It, West Side Story =
and Godspell.

Darren Bartolo Phantom Cuyahoga Falls

It's been 9 years since Darren played Puck in A Midsummer Night's Dream =
at the Titusville Playhouse in Florida. He is happy to be back on stage. =
In the meantime, he received a Bachelors degree in Clarinet performance =
from Florida State University and will start this fall at Roosevelt =
University in Chicago to work on a Masters in composition.

Jason Mazan Phantom North Canton

Jason is majoring in theatre at Kent State University and recently =
received a Theatrical Scholarship for the body of work he did at Kent =
Stark. Most recently he was seen in The Music Man for Carnation City =
Players, The Madwoman of Chaillot Dracula and Little Shop of Horrors at =
Kent Stark, Footloose and Titanic at The Players Guild,=20

Joe Kenderes Phantom Olmsted Falls

Joe has been in more than 30 productions including Cabaret, Of Mice and =
Men, As You Like It, West Side Story and Romeo and Juliet. He holds a =
Bachelor of Arts degree in broadcasting from Baldwin-Wallace College.

Holly Facer Phantom Brunswick

Holly has performed at the Solon Center of the Arts, Actors' Summit, =
Coach House Theatre, Murder Mystery Caf=E9, Western Reserve Playhouse =
and Newfangled Productions. Her credits include Crimes of the Heart, She =
Stoops to Conquer, California Suite, Something's Afoot and Don't Step on =
My Anthill/Old George.

Olivia Rubano Phantom Akron

Olivia is a student at The University of Akron where she was seen in =
Trojan Women and Curse of the Starving Class.

Backstage
Drew Clark -- Stage Manager  -- Akron
Jessica Alley -- Assistant Stage Manager -- Akron
Alan Scott Ferrall -- Scenic Designer -- Cuyahoga Falls
Mark A. Zimmerman -- Lighting Designer -- Akron
Robert Keith -- Sound Designer -- Clinton
Rob Keith -- Sound Designer -- Clinton
Randie Sass -- Costume Designer -- Akron
Leah Sass -- Costume Designer -- Akron
Linda Hale -- Properties Designer -- Akron

Sponsored in part by Roetzel & Andress
Media Sponsor : Akron Beacon Journal
Don your black lace and fishnet stockings and head to Weathervane for =
ROCKY HORROR SHOW June 15 - July 10, 2005. Low-cost preview performances =
on Wednesday and Thursday, June 15 & 16 at 7:30 p.m. with official =
opening on Friday, June 17 at 8:00 p.m. Performance schedule below. =
Charge by phone at Weathervane's Ticket Office at 330-836-2626. Call =
between 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Tickets: $20 =
(Other Tickets: Wed. & Thurs previews $14, Students 17 or younger =
$16,College Students and Senior Citizens $18 on Thursdays and Sundays).

Rocky Horror Performance Schedule:

Weds., June 15 @ 7:30 p.m.
Thurs., June 16 @ 7:30 p.m.
Friday, June 17 @ 8 p.m.
Sat., June 18 @ 8 p.m.
Sun., June 19 @ 2:30 p.m.

Thurs., June 23 @ 10:30 p.m.
Fri., June 24 @ 10:30 p.m.
Sat., June 25 @ 10:30 p.m.

Weds., June 29 @ 7:30 p.m.
Thurs., June 30 @ 7:30 p.m.
Fri., July 1 @ 8 p.m.
Sat., July 2 @ 8 p.m.

Thurs., July 7 @ 7:30 p.m.
Fri., July 8 @ 8 p.m.
Sat., July 9 @ 8 p.m.
Sun., July 10 @ 2:30 p.m.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C566E8.8C04D560

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><B><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D4>
<P align=3Dcenter>WEATHERVANE PLAYHOUSE</P></FONT><I><FONT =
face=3DHelvetica size=3D4>
<P align=3Dcenter>THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW</P></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica =
size=3D2>
<P> </P></B></I>
<P>Richard O=92Brien=92s campy musical, <B><I>ROCKY HORROR SHOW,</B></I> =
takes the=20
stage at <B>Weathervane Playhouse</B> <B>June 15 =96 July 10, 2005.</B> =
The play=20
is recommended for audiences age 16 and up and contains mature =
situations.=20
Weathervane welcomes back <B>Jacqi Loewy</B> to direct.</P><B>
<P>Director</B>: <B>Jacqi Loewy</B> previously directed <I>Little Shop =
of=20
Horrors, The Fantasticks, Proof</I> and the award-winning <I>The Laramie =

Project</I> for Weathervane<I>.</I> She is the newly-appointed Artistic =
Director=20
of Charenton Theater Company. Originally from New York City, her =
directing=20
career began in 1979 for Madison Square Garden=92s and Warner =
Brothers=92=20
international productions of <I>The Bugs Bunny Follies.</I> Broadway=20
choreography credits include <I>I Married and Angel</I> and <I>Just =
So.</I> She=20
restaged the original production of <I>Hair</I> for the European and =
Paris=20
companies, directed several summer stock productions and served as dance =
captain=20
for numerous tours.</P><B>
<P>Musical Director: Steve Parsons</B> is a full-time musical =
co-director at=20
Carousel Dinner Theatre. For ten years, he was the resident musical =
director at=20
The Players Guild of Canton with 48 musicals and 64 total productions to =
date=20
including <I>Titanic, 1776, Godspell, The Rocky Horror Show, Moby =
Dick</I> and=20
<I>Our Town. </I>Among Steve=92s other professional credits are The Ohio =

Shakespeare Company, Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera, The Illusion Factory =
and=20
Weathervane Playhouse. An active composer/arranger, Steve received his =
Bachelors=20
and masters degrees in composition at Kent State University, and his =
works are=20
heard throughout the US and Canada in festivals and competitions. He has =
created=20
new editions of the <I>Nunsense</I> and <I>Nunsense A-Men!</I> Scores =
for=20
creator Dan Goggin, providing original music and arrangements for the =
hit video=20
game <I>College Slam,</I> and performing as part of the "Tickestra" for =
the FOX=20
animated television series <I>The Tick.</I> He is also a consultant and=20
contributor to the upcoming biography of legendary songwriter Stephen=20
Schwartz.</P></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P>Cast:</P><B>
<P>John Popa</B> Narrator Canton</P>
<P>This is John=92s first show at Weathervane but this is the fourth =
time he=92s=20
played the Narrator <I>in The Rocky Horror Show</I>. He=92s also played =
roles such=20
as Dr. Parker in <I>Bat Boy: The Musical</I>, and The Pirate King in =
<I>The=20
Pirates of Penzance.</I> A former professional wrestler and roadie, John =
is=20
happy his "road dog" days are behind him as he settles back into life in =

Northeast Ohio.</P><B>
<P>Ian S. Haberman</B> Dr. Scott Sharon Center</P>
<P>Ian was seen most recently at Weathervane as Dr. Kelekian in =
<I>Wit</I> and=20
as Senex in <I>A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.</I> He =
won=20
Chanticleer Awards for his performances as Mr. Muchnik in <I>Little Shop =
of=20
Horrors,</I> Zaretsky in <I>Conversations with My Father</I> and Lenny =
in=20
<I>Doubles.</P></I><B>
<P>Alicia Marie Malone</B> Janet Brunswick</P>
<P>New to Weathervane, Alicia comes to Ohio from San Jose, California =
where she=20
appeared in productions at Los Gatos Theatre, West Valley College, the =
Saratoga=20
Drama Group and West Valley Light Opera. Locally, she was seen in <I>A =
Grand=20
Night for Singing</I> at Brunswick Alumni Theatre. She is receiving a =
Masters=20
Degree and teacher=92s credential in Special Education at Cleveland =
State=20
University.</P><B>
<P>Scott Shriner</B> Brad Akron</P>
<P>This is Scott=92s third Weathervane production of the 2004-2005 =
season. He=20
played Pip/Theo in <I>Three Days of Rain</I> and Garry Lejeune in =
<I>Noises=20
Off</I> earlier this season. He has also been seen in productions at =
Actors=92=20
Summit, Hudson Players, Coach House Theatre, Aurora Community Theatre =
and Ohio=20
Shakespeare Festival at Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens.</P><B>
<P>Joseph Bishara</B> Frank Akron</P>
<P>Joe holds a degree in vocal performance from Ohio Wesleyan. He has =
been seen=20
regionally in <I>Honk!, The Last Five Years, I Love You, You=92re =
Perfect, Now=20
Change, Pirates of Penzance</I> and the title role in <I>Joseph and the =
Amazing=20
Technicolor Dreamcoat.</P></I><B>
<P>Chanda K. Porter</B> Magenta Cuyahoga Falls</P>
<P>Chanda=92s recent credits include <I>Little Shop of Horrors, Man of =
La Mancha,=20
School House Rose Live, A Little Night Music</I> and <I>Assassins.</I> =
She also=20
performed in Weathervane=92s <I>Annie</I> 10 years ago! In 2002, she was =
honored=20
with a Georgie Award at North Canton Playhouse as "Best Female =
Newcomer."</P><B>
<P>Jared P. McGrath</B> Riff-Raff Akron</P>
<P>From 1993 =96 1995, Jared coordinated/directed the live stage show =
accompanying=20
<I>The Rocky Horror Picture Show</I> in Akron and Kent. He has appeared =
in=20
musical productions of <I>The Boyfriend, Godspell</I> and <I>Guys and =
Dolls</I>=20
as well as Neil Simon=92s <I>Fools.</P></I><B>
<P>Cory Farinacci</B> Columbia Cleveland</P>
<P>Cory just completed her third year of study at Baldwin-Wallace =
College where=20
she studies English and Theatre in the field of education. She has =
enjoyed roles=20
in <I>Tony and Tina=92s Wedding, Cabaret, West Side Story</I> and =
<I>Sweet=20
Charity.</P></I><B>
<P>Patrick Ciamacco</B> Eddie Brunswick</P>
<P>A first-timer at Weathervane, Patrick has been seen in Near West =
productions=20
including <I>Sweet Charity, The Baker=92s Wife</I> and <I>Pippin.</I> He =
was also=20
in a 2 =BD year run of Tony and Tina=92s Wedding at Playhouse =
Square.</P><B>
<P>Allen Seeley</B> Rocky North Olmsted</P>
<P>Allen is a student at Kent State University in Theatre Education. His =
credits=20
include Millet in <I>Fuddy Meers,</I> Linus in <I>You=92re a Good Man, =
Charlie=20
Brown.</I> He has also been seen in <I>Everyman</I> at Cuyahoga =
Community=20
College and <I>Tony & Tina=92s Wedding</I> at Cassidy=20
Theatre.</P></FONT><B><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P>Ron P. Cuirle</B> Phantom Akron</P>
<P>For the past couple of years, Ron has been active at Hudson Players =
with=20
backstage duties including light and sound operator for <I>I Hate =
Hamlet, Annie=20
Get Your Gun, You=92re a Good Man, Charlie Brown</I> and <I>A Perfect =
Wedding.</I>=20
His performance credits include <I>As You Like It, West Side Story</I> =
and=20
<I>Godspell.</P></I><B>
<P>Darren Bartolo</B> Phantom Cuyahoga Falls</P>
<P>It=92s been 9 years since Darren played Puck in <I>A Midsummer =
Night=92s=20
Dream</I> at the Titusville Playhouse in Florida. He is happy to be back =
on=20
stage. In the meantime, he received a Bachelors degree in Clarinet =
performance=20
from Florida State University and will start this fall at Roosevelt =
University=20
in Chicago to work on a Masters in composition.</P><B>
<P>Jason Mazan</B> Phantom North Canton</P>
<P>Jason is majoring in theatre at Kent State University and recently =
received a=20
Theatrical Scholarship for the body of work he did at Kent Stark. Most =
recently=20
he was seen in <I>The Music Man</I> for Carnation City Players, <I>The =
Madwoman=20
of Chaillot Dracula</I> and <I>Little Shop of Horrors </I>at Kent Stark, =

<I>Footloose</I> and <I>Titanic</I> at The Players Guild, </P><B>
<P>Joe Kenderes</B> Phantom Olmsted Falls</P>
<P>Joe has been in more than 30 productions including <I>Cabaret, Of =
Mice and=20
Men, As You Like It, West Side Story </I>and <I>Romeo and Juliet.</I> He =
holds a=20
Bachelor of Arts degree in broadcasting from Baldwin-Wallace =
College.</P><B>
<P>Holly Facer</B> Phantom Brunswick</P>
<P>Holly has performed at the Solon Center of the Arts, Actors=92 =
Summit, Coach=20
House Theatre, Murder Mystery Caf=E9, Western Reserve Playhouse and =
Newfangled=20
Productions. Her credits include <I>Crimes of the Heart, She Stoops to =
Conquer,=20
California Suite, Something=92s Afoot</I> and <I>Don=92t Step on My =
Anthill/Old=20
George.</P></I><B>
<P>Olivia Rubano</B> Phantom Akron</P>
<P>Olivia is a student at The University of Akron where she was seen in=20
<I>Trojan Women</I> and <I>Curse of the Starving Class.</P></I></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Backstage</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><STRONG>Drew Clark</STRONG> -- Stage =
Manager  --=20
Akron</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><STRONG>Jessica Alley</STRONG> -- Assistant =
Stage Manager=20
-- Akron</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><STRONG>Alan Scott Ferrall</STRONG> =
-- Scenic=20
Designer -- Cuyahoga Falls</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><STRONG>Mark A. Zimmerman</STRONG> -- Lighting =
Designer --=20
Akron</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><STRONG>Robert Keith</STRONG> -- Sound Designer =
--=20
Clinton</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><STRONG>Rob Keith</STRONG> -- Sound Designer --=20
Clinton</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><STRONG>Randie Sass</STRONG> -- Costume Designer =
--=20
Akron</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><STRONG>Leah Sass</STRONG> -- Costume Designer =
--=20
Akron</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><STRONG>Linda Hale</STRONG> -- Properties =
Designer --=20
Akron</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3><STRONG>Sponsored in part by Roetzel =
&=20
Andress</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3><STRONG>Media Sponsor : Akron Beacon=20
Journal</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<P>Don your black lace and fishnet stockings and head to Weathervane for =

<B><I>ROCKY HORROR SHOW</I> June 15 =96 July 10, 2005. </B>Low-cost =
preview=20
performances on <B>Wednesday and Thursday, June 15 & 16 at <U>7:30=20
p.m.</B></U> with official opening on <B>Friday, June 17 at 8:00 =
p.m.</B>=20
Performance schedule below. Charge by phone at Weathervane=92s Ticket =
Office at=20
<B>330-836-2626</B>. <I></I><B>Call between 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. =
Tuesday=20
through Friday. </B>Tickets: $20 <I>(Other Tickets: Wed. & Thurs =
previews=20
$14, Students 17 or younger $16,College Students and Senior Citizens $18 =
on=20
Thursdays and Sundays</I>).</FONT><I><B><FONT face=3DHelvetica =
size=3D2></P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Rocky Horror</I> Performance Schedule:</P></B>
<P align=3Dcenter>Weds., June 15 @ 7:30 p.m.<BR>Thurs., June 16 @ 7:30=20
p.m.<BR>Friday, June 17 @ 8 p.m.<BR>Sat., June 18 @ 8 p.m.<BR>Sun., June =
19 @=20
2:30 p.m.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter><BR>Thurs., June 23 @ 10:30 p.m.<BR>Fri., June 24 @ =
10:30=20
p.m.<BR>Sat., June 25 @ 10:30 p.m.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter></P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Weds., June 29 @ 7:30 p.m.<BR>Thurs., June 30 @ 7:30=20
p.m.<BR>Fri., July 1 @ 8 p.m.<BR>Sat., July 2 @ 8 p.m.<BR><BR>Thurs., =
July 7 @=20
7:30 p.m.<BR>Fri., July 8 @ 8 p.m.<BR>Sat., July 9 @ 8 p.m.<BR>Sun., =
July 10 @=20
2:30 p.m.</FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica=20
size=3D2></P></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C566E8.8C04D560--