[NEohioPAL]Abuse of posting rules on NeOhioPAL?

brandi at acidentertainment.net brandi at acidentertainment.net
Sun Jun 26 09:57:16 PDT 2005

used to being able to send attachments.  </div>
open other emails.  <BR><BR></div>
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Brandi Lynn Borgia<BR>Director of
Operations<BR>Acid Entertainment & Third Eye Productions<BR><A
href="http://www.acidentertainment.net/">www.acidentertainment.net</A><BR><A
href="http://www.shop.acidentertainment.net/">www.shop.acidentertainment.net</A><BR><A
href="http://www.thirdeyedomains.com/">www.thirdeyedomains.com</A><BR>440-427-1597
or 440-840-2900</P><BR><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT:
blue 2px solid"><BR>-------- Original Message --------<BR>Subject:
[NEohioPAL]Abuse of posting rules on NeOhioPAL?<BR>From: Michael Roesch
<moon at en.com><BR>Date: Wed, June 22, 2005 8:02 pm<BR>To:
neohiopal at lists.fredsternfeld.com<BR><BR>Dear Fred and Fellow List
Members,<BR>I hate to be a complainer in a forum like this, but lately
I have <BR>noticed certain people have been really abusing the rules
about making <BR>posts with graphics and or attachments.  Some of
us subscribers are <BR>still on good old fashioned dial-up connections,
so please try and be <BR>considerate since I cannot get my normal email
while I am waiting for <BR>your 400K+ to 2MB(!!!) emails to download.
 I guess I could just suck it <BR>up or unsubscribe rather than
deal with this, but I don't believe it is <BR>fair that people have
been consistently (and often repeatedly) IGNORING <BR>the rules of
posting that are very clearly defined
at:<BR>http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm<BR><BR>And I quote, /"Put
your message in the body of the e-mail. *No <BR>attachments & no
graphics." */*<BR>*And again,/"If you want people to see pictures than
you should set them <BR>up on a website and send out the link with your
message.//*"<BR>*/<BR>Personally, I think Fred's list is a very valuable
resource that should <BR>not be taken for granted or abused.  When
you ignore the rules, you <BR>become essentially a SPAMMER, or worse,
since at least most spam is not <BR>2MB in size.<BR><BR>I was very
hesitant about sending this message for a variety of reasons,
<BR>mostly because it might piss someone off, and that is not my
intention.  <BR>Perhaps this message might get a few people to
think a little before <BR>posting, or perhaps someone might brainstorm
a solution for what seems <BR>to be a growing problem.  PLEASE,
lets not turn this into a spam list <BR>and lose a very valuable
resource and forum.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Michael Roesch<BR><BR>P.S.
 Once Fred also posted some "suggestions" for saving bandwidth and
<BR>going easy on people's in boxes by reducing the number/frequency of
<BR>postings.  It'd be really great if someone could repost that
to the list <BR>for anyone that might have missed
it.<BR><BR>_______________________________________Fairmount Performing
Arts Camp: THEATRE TRAINING FOR YOUNG PEOPLE TAUGHT BY REGION'S TOP
PROS --
http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac/summercamp.htm<BR>_______________________________________<BR>There
is a sister site to this list called the "NEoPAL Bulletin Board."
Occasionally when "hot-button" discussions go on more than a day or
two, the bulletin board is used. The Neopal bulletin board also has
some other terrific features, like a searchable database for you to put
your personal information,a place to post pictures and a chat room with
a nightly 11pm gathering to discuss hot topics:
and/or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the
person in the "from" or "reply-to" header. The fact that this message
is posted should in no way be taken as an endorsement by the
administrator of this list. Subscribers should perform due diligence
for all goods, services and activities promoted on
NEohioPAL.<BR><BR>NEohioPAL mailing
list<BR>NEohioPAL at lists.fredsternfeld.com<BR>http://lists.fredsternfeld.com/mailman/listinfo/neohiopal<BR>http://www.fredsternfeld.com
</BLOCKQUOTE>