[NEohioPAL]Technical theatre job posting

ruby at ruby-lighting.com ruby at ruby-lighting.com
Sun Jul 24 16:23:20 PDT 2005

Hello,
  My name is Ruby Rubenstahls, I'm a lighting design and
technology student at Kent State University. I have just
launched a website called StageBlacks.com. This is a
free job hunting (and posting website). As far as I
know, it's the only free theatre job search website that
is fully database backed. It is fully searchable and
includes features such as e-mail alerts for users when a
job they are interested in is posted, browse by theatre,
browse by job category, etc.

 This site works slightly differently than most of the
others out there. Instead of simply posting a job, you
create a profile for your theatre, and then create jobs
that are linked to that theatre. Because of this, you
don't have to re-enter all of the information every time
you post, just job specific informatioin. Also, your
theatre is kept visible in the database even when you
have no jobs posted, so you can keep your name on the
radar screen even if you are not hiring at the time.

 As I get free time I plan on implementing more features
in the future, some of these include resume posting so
you can search for possible employees, more detailed
search functions, and site integration so that theatres
can embed the stageblacks job posting service into their
own websites.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions
concerning stageblacks.com, please feel free to contact me
at ruby at ruby-lighting.com.

Thank you,
  Ruby Rubenstahl

P.S.
  It would be greatly appreciated if you would let your
employees (or employers) know about the website, as I am
advertising only by word of mouth because all expenses
for this website come out of my pocket. Thank you again.