[NEohioPAL]Custody gets some more time in the local papers

Ericdstuyvesant at aol.com Ericdstuyvesant at aol.com
Fri Aug 5 10:53:08 PDT 2005

-------------------------------1123264388

This time the Cleveland Plain Dealer

_http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/plaindealer/julie_washington/index.ssf
?/base/entertainment/112323466889840.xml&coll=2&thispage=2_
(http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/plaindealer/julie_washington/index.ssf?/base/entertainme
nt/112323466889840.xml&coll=2&thispage=2)

The Bottom of Page 2 and onto page 3

Write what you know Five years ago, Eric Stuyvesant gained custody  of his
three sons, all under age 6. The experience of being a single parent was
overwhelming.

When Stuyvesant regained his sense of humor, he wrote a semi-autobiographical
 screenplay about his situation.
"Custody" is his dramedy about single parenthood and who really has custody
of whom - the parent or the kids. The feature screens at 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug.
 11, at the Cedar Lee Theatre in Cleveland Heights. Tickets are $10.
"Custody" was written and co-directed by Stuyvesant, who lives in Akron, and
co-directed and co-produced by Scott Wachtel of Cuyahoga Falls. The film was
shown in Barberton this week.
Stuyvesant and Wachtel admit that their first attempt to film "Custody" was a
 textbook example of What Not To Do. Their ancient 16 mm film camera would
only  shoot for about 30 seconds at a time. They filmed without sound, planning
to dub  the dialogue later, but then had no reference to the actors' ad libbed
lines.
"We failed miserably," Stuyvesant said. "I take all the blame. I tried to
take every shortcut known to man and tried to invent some more."
This past New Year's Eve, Stuyvesant stayed home and planned how to reshoot
"Custody" the right way. With locations, shooting schedules and storyboards in
 place, the second shoot went much smoother.
Stuyvesant plays the lead, and his sons appear as themselves.
The movie includes music by Northeast Ohio musicians such as Michael Stanley,
 the Raspberries and Colin Dussault.

-------------------------------1123264388

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>This time the Cleveland Plain Dealer</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><A=20
href=3D"http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/plaindealer/julie_washington/=
index.ssf?/base/entertainment/112323466889840.xml&coll=3D2&thispage=
=3D2">http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/plaindealer/julie_washington/in=
dex.ssf?/base/entertainment/112323466889840.xml&coll=3D2&thispage=
=3D2</A></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>The Bottom of Page 2 and onto page 3</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>
<P><B>Write what you know</B> </P>Five years ago, Eric Stuyvesant gained cus=
tody=20
of his three sons, all under age 6. The experience of being a single parent=20=
was=20
overwhelming. </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>
<P>When Stuyvesant regained his sense of humor, he wrote a semi-autobiograph=
ical=20
screenplay about his situation. </P>
<P>"Custody" is his dramedy about single parenthood and who really has custo=
dy=20
of whom - the parent or the kids. The feature screens at 7 p.m. Thursday, Au=
g.=20
11, at the Cedar Lee Theatre in Cleveland Heights. Tickets are $10. </P>
<P>"Custody" was written and co-directed by Stuyvesant, who lives in Akron,=20=
and=20
co-directed and co-produced by Scott Wachtel of Cuyahoga Falls. The film was=
=20
shown in Barberton this week. </P>
<P>Stuyvesant and Wachtel admit that their first attempt to film "Custody" w=
as a=20
textbook example of What Not To Do. Their ancient 16 mm film camera would on=
ly=20
shoot for about 30 seconds at a time. They filmed without sound, planning to=
 dub=20
the dialogue later, but then had no reference to the actors' ad libbed lines=
.=20
</P>
<P>"We failed miserably," Stuyvesant said. "I take all the blame. I tried to=
=20
take every shortcut known to man and tried to invent some more." </P>
<P>This past New Year's Eve, Stuyvesant stayed home and planned how to resho=
ot=20
"Custody" the right way. With locations, shooting schedules and storyboards=20=
in=20
place, the second shoot went much smoother. </P>
<P>Stuyvesant plays the lead, and his sons appear as themselves. </P>
<P>The movie includes music by Northeast Ohio musicians such as Michael Stan=
ley,=20
the Raspberries and Colin Dussault. </P></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>