[NEohioPAL]CTC Technical Theater Roundatble Reminder 9/12/05

Fred Gloor fgloor at clevelandtheater.com
Sun Sep 11 15:51:27 PDT 2005

This is a reminder that tomorrow is CTC 3rd installment of our "Theater
Roundtables".  This one concerns Technical Theater and Design.

The Cleveland Theater Collective continues STAGES (Strategic Theater Agenda
for Growth Excellence and Success) 2005 and Beyond, to strengthen
professional theater in the northeast Ohio region.

The Cleveland Theater Collective, with the help of theater artists,
producers, and community leaders, is building a larger vision for the
theater community in this area.  By meeting with theater and community
leaders within various disciplines, we hope to create a vision for the
future.  The discussion generated will help CTC to implement a strategic
plan that fosters greater artistic achievement, increased cooperation,
greater attendance, and a community environment conducive to professional
theaters and artists that serve our region.  Greg Quinlan, Managing Director
for Great Lakes Theater Festival, understands the importance of this process
for the community and CTC: "The Cleveland Theater Collective is poised to be
the voice of professional theater in Cleveland, bringing the community
together to work towards better success for us all.  Not only will these
community discussions spark dialogue and build relationships, but the issues
and ideas from each session will guide the newly formed board as we develop
strategy for CTC."

The third meeting "Technical Theater and Design" is scheduled for Monday,
September 12, 2005, 4:30-6:30 pm, at the Cleveland Play House (8500 Euclid
Avenue, Cleveland 44106).  Joe Martin, Technical Director for the Cleveland
Play House, will host the event.  Megan L. Van Voorhis
Director of Research and Business Practices for the Community Partnership of
Arts and Culture is moderating the series, which is held on the second
Monday of each month.

The remaining schedule is as follows:

Monday, September 12:      Technical Theater and Design

Monday, October 10:          Funding Theater

Monday, November 14:      Nurturing the Artistic Environment

Monday, December 12:       Managing Theaters

The monthly forums, each hosted by a different theater company in the
region, will be sponsored by a leader within the field and moderated by an
expert.  The results from the process will create a strategic plan for
strengthening the region's professional theaters and artists by
strengthening their relationships with the larger community in which they
reside.

When asked to participate in this process, Sean Cercone, Artistic Director
of Carousel Dinner Theatre, said "Bringing all of our region's theater
professionals and institutions together to identify issues that we share as
arts organizations is an important and innovative process."

The Cleveland Theater Collective supports professional theaters and artists
by providing workshop opportunities, artist stipends, unified marketing
initiatives, and networking events. CTC is s a non-profit 501c(3)
organization that fosters professional development by creating a sense of
community.

Fred Gloor
Co-Director
The Cleveland Theater Collective