[NEohioPAL]feature film casting call

Lillian Pyles alpyles at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 22 11:14:31 PDT 2005

My name is Lillian Pyles and I'm a local casting director here in
Cleveland...I've been in this business for many years.  I've worked
with all the local talent management companies.

I am holding audition for a period piece "The MESSENGER"  a docudrama
which takes place in the 1940's in Washington DC

I am looking for older men and women as well as young boys.  During
this period most of the young men are at war so what's left are the
older me and younger women.  The shoot will take place here October
6th 7th 8th and 9th .  The roles are:  young boys (with acting
experience)
to play messengers.  A boss of the messengers , he is the ultimate
Newspaper editor of the 1940's, he is abrasive and sharp with his
tongue.  He smokes heavily and is the most disorganized person ever.
THE REPORTERS:    ALL OF THE REPORTERS SHOULD
be much older men, except for maybe the occasional 30 year old man.
THE KID (THOMAS E. JONES) is a true fish out of water type.  No
matter where he lands he seems to be uncomfortable with the
situation. Definately shy but also smart.  I see him as almost having
a typical geeky look.  He is skinny, short haircut, very conservative
and unexceptional in his appearance(good actor).
DAN:  Dan would be at the opposite side of the line from Thomas.  Dan
is a kid who has always been a ring-leader type.  He's probably a
little older than all the other boys and he probably has stories that
amaze all the younger boys that hang around him.

THOMAS'S MOTHER: SHE MUST HAVE THE MOST 'CLASSIC' FACE OF THEM ALL.
SHE IS A BEAUTY AND IT IS ALMOST SAD TO SEE SUCH A NATURAL BEAUTY
HEADED FO THE FACTORY LINES.  SHE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE ROSIE THE
RIVETER POSTERS.

PRESIDENT TRUMAN: HE WAS A VERY GENEROUS AND CARING MAN WHO LOVED HIS
SILENCES.

SECRETARY BYRNES: JAMES BYRNES WAS A SKINNY, TALLER, AND SOMEWHAT
SICKLY LOOKING MAN.

MESSENGERS: AROUND 15-19 YEARS OLD SMALL (DURING THE 40'S THE BOYS
WERE NOT AS LARGE AS THEY ARE NOW.  THEY HAVE SPEAKING ROLLS WHICH
WILL BE SHOT IN ONE DAY.

EXTRAS: NEEDED FOR DINER PATRONS/ RCA BUILDING - DISTINGUISHED
LOOKING OLDER MEN FOR THE PRESIDENTIAL CABINET.

WAITRESS IN THE DINER AND MESSENGERS IN THE OFFICE.

THESE ARE ALL PAID POSITIONS.  THE DIRECTOR IS A DOCUMENTARY DIRECTOR
AND THIS IS A DRAMA ABOUT A TRUE STORY .

PLEASE CALL 216-321-8439 FOR AN APPOINTMENT FOR AUDITIONS WHICH WILL
BE HELD IN CLEVELAND TOMORROW - FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 23RD - 6:00PM TO
9:00PM  AND SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 24TH 3:30PM - 6:30PM AND CALL BACKS ON
SUNDAY.

ALSO FOR THIS MOVIE WE NEED CARS FROM THE 30'S AND 40'S FOR DRIVING
IN THE SCENES AND ALSO TO PARK.  AND THESE DRIVERS WILL BE PAID AS
EXTRAS.

.... I ALSO NEED FOR ANOTHER FILM...AN ATTRACTIVE FEMALE SKYDIVER FOR
A POLITICAL COMEDY ...'WITH ALL THY GETTING'

THIS IS A LAST MINUTE REQUES BUT THAT'S SHOW BUSINESS.