[NEohioPAL]Sunday's Staqed Reading of Sholiton's V-E Day Complements JCC's SOUTH PACIFIC

Ksenia Roshchakovsky kseniar at core.com
Mon Sep 26 14:59:31 PDT 2005

--MS_Mac_OE_3210602371_728340_MIME_Part

Staged Reading of Sholiton's V-E Day this Sunday complements JCC's
production of South Pacific (10/15-11/6)
Featuring Rhoda Rosen, Juliette Regnier, Ron Newell, Kat McIntosh, Jess
Kamps, Holly Humes, Dani Apple, and Bill Berry.

PLUS=8A350 Years of Jewish Women in America on Thursday and FREE Sundays at
the Cinema with Rodgers and Hammerstein throughout October!

The Jewish Community Center of Cleveland announces Educational Surround
Events, which are designed to expand the impact of its 2005-06 Arts &
Culture offerings and provide additional background context.  This season's
events, which will take place throughout the city, will focus on Jewish
Artists and examine the ways in which their art is rooted in the Jewish
experience.  For a complete schedule, call 216-593-6258.

The first two programs  =8B Cleveland Jews in the Armed Forces during World
War II and Sundays at the Cinema with Rodgers and Hammerstein =8B complement
the JCC's production of South Pacific (directed by Fred Sternfeld), which
runs October 15-November 6 at Cuyahoga Community College Eastern Campus.

Cleveland Jews in the Armed Forces during World War II starts off this
year's Educational Surround Events on Sunday, October 2 with a staged
reading of Faye Sholiton's acclaimed V-E Day featuring Rhoda Rosen, Juliett=
Regnier, Ron Newell, Kat McIntosh, Jess Kamps, Holly Humes, Dani Apple, and
Bill Berry.   Following the reading, Sholiton will facilitate a discussion
and share her research into letters written by members of Cleveland's Jewis=
community serving in the Armed Forces during World War II.
V-E Day, which examines the ways in which World War II interrupted and
redirected several lives, received first prize in the 2003 Arlene and
William Lewis New Play Contest, fourth place in the 2003 Writers Digest
Playwriting Competition, and a 2004 Ohio Arts Council Individual Artist
Grant.  A full production of the play premiered at Dobama Theatre in 2003.
   Cleveland Jews in the Armed Forces during World War II
   A play reading and discussion facilitated by playwright Faye Sholiton
   Sunday, October 2, 2005 at 2:00 pm
   Stonehill Auditorium Mandel JCC
   26001 S. Woodland Road in Beachwood
   Tickets:  $5 at the door.  FREE to WWII veterans

Celebrate 350 Years of Jewish Women in America on October 6 features New
York actor Ruth Haye's witty one-woman show, My Mother, Grandmother and Me.
Presented in partnership with the National Council of Jewish Women, Jewish
Community Federation of Cleveland and the Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage,
My Mother, Grandmother and Me offers a unique family story with narration
and songs, both humorous and nostalgic.  Celebrate how women have
established a Jewish presence in America through Ruth Haye's witty one-woma=
show, My Mother, Grandmother and Me.
    Celebrate 350 Years of Jewish Women in America
   Thursday, October 6, 2005 at 7:30 pm
    Stonehill Auditorium Mandel JCC
   26601 South Woodland Road in Beachwood
   Tickets:  $18 per person (call 216-566-9200, ext. 220)

FREE!
Sundays at the Cinema with Rodgers and Hammerstein (October 9, 16, and 30)
is a three-part film screening and discussion series presented in
partnership with Cuyahoga County Public Library; the schedule is listed
below.  Three hosts =8B all educators, raconteurs, and musical theater
aficionados =8B introduce, screen and lead discussions of filmed and televise=
versions of musical classics by Rodgers and Hammerstein:  the team's only
musical for television, the 1957Cinderella starring Julie Andrews; Oklahoma=
!
(1955); and The King and I  (1956). Sundays at the Cinema with Rodgers and
Hammerstein is open to the public and presented free of charge.
   Sundays at the Cinema with Rodgers and Hammerstein
   A three-part film screening and discussion series
   Presented in partnership with the Cuyahoga County Public Library
   =80 Sunday, October 9, 2005 at 1:30 pm Julie Andrews' Cinderella
   Hosted by radio personality Bill Rudman (Musical Theater Education
Programming)
   Mayfield Regional Branch, 6080 Wilson Mills Road in Mayfield Village
   FREE and open to the public
    =80 Sunday, October 16, 2005 at 1:30 pm Oklahoma!
    Hosted by actor/educator Mitchell Fields (Theatre Department,
Baldwin-Wallace College)
   Maple Heights Regional Branch, 5225 Library Lane in Maple Heights
   FREE and open to the public
    =80 Sunday, October 30, 2005 at 1:30 pm The King and I
   Hosted by educator Bob Noll (Communications Department, John Carroll
University)
   Mayfield Regional Branch, 6080 Mayfield Road in Mayfield Village
   FREE and open to the public

The 2005-06 JCC Arts & Culture program season is made possible by generous
funding from Roe Green adn the Green Arts Fund of the Jewish Community
Federation of Cleveland, the Leonard Krieger Fund of the Cleveland
Foundation, the Meisel Family Foundation, and John and Bonnie Osher.

The JCC Arts & Culture programs for the 2005-06 season include Something
Wonderful:  The Musicals of Rodgers and Hammerstein, South Pacific, Paul
Shapiro's Midnight Minyan, An Evening of Classical Music, From Door to Door=
,
the Playmakers Youth Theatre, the Festival of Jewish Books and Authors, the
36th Annual Jewish Community Center Photography Show and the Dorothy Silver
Playwriting Competition.

The Jewish Community Center of Cleveland builds and strengthens Cleveland's
entire Jewish community by providing exceptional programs and services that
enhance Jewish continuity and Jewish identity in four key program areas:
Health, Wellness and Recreation; Early Childhood Education; Camping; and
Cultural Arts, which are central to the mission of JCC's nationwide.

Membership to the JCC is open to all. The JCC is a nonprofit social service
agency that receives funding from the Jewish Community Federation of
Cleveland and the United Way of Greater Cleveland.

--MS_Mac_OE_3210602371_728340_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Sunday's Staqed Reading of Sholiton's V-E Day Complements JCC's SOUT=
H PACIFIC</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#800000"><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B>Staged Reading o=
f Sholiton's </B><I>V-E Day</I><B> this Sunday complements JCC's production =
of </B><I>South Pacific</I><B> (10/15-11/6)<BR>
</B></FONT></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF">Featuring=
 Rhoda Rosen, Juliette Regnier, Ron Newell, Kat McIntosh, Jess Kamps, Holly =
Humes, Dani Apple, and Bill Berry<I>.<BR>
</I></FONT><I><BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#800000"><B>PLUS=8A350 Years of Jewish Women in America on Thurs=
day and FREE Sundays at the Cinema with Rodgers and Hammerstein throughout O=
ctober!<BR>
</B></FONT><B><BR>
</B></I>The Jewish Community Center of Cleveland announces Educational Surr=
ound Events, which are designed to expand the impact of its 2005-06 Arts &am=
p; Culture offerings and provide additional background context.  This s=
eason's events, which will take place throughout the city, will focus on <B>=
Jewish Artists</B> and examine the ways in which their art is rooted in the =
Jewish experience.  For a complete schedule, call 216-593-6258.<BR>
<BR>
The first two programs  =8B <B>Cleveland Jews in the Armed Forces during=
 World War II</B> and <B>Sundays at the Cinema with Rodgers and Hammerstein =
</B>=8B complement the JCC's production of <B><I>South Pacific</I></B><I> </I>=
(directed by Fred Sternfeld), which runs October 15-November 6 at Cuyahoga C=
ommunity College Eastern Campus.<BR>
<BR>
<B>Cleveland Jews in the Armed Forces during World War II</B> starts off th=
is year's Educational Surround Events on Sunday, October 2 with a staged rea=
ding of Faye Sholiton's acclaimed <I>V-E Day</I> featuring Rhoda Rosen, Juli=
ette Regnier, Ron Newell, Kat McIntosh, Jess Kamps, Holly Humes, Dani Apple,=
 and Bill Berry<I>.   </I>Following the reading<I>, </I>Sholiton<I=
> </I>will facilitate a discussion and share her research into letters writt=
en by members of Cleveland's Jewish community serving in the Armed Forces du=
ring World War II.  <BR>
<I>V-E Day</I>, which examines the ways in which World War II interrupted a=
nd redirected several lives, received first prize in the 2003 Arlene and Wil=
liam Lewis New Play Contest, fourth place in the 2003 Writers Digest Playwri=
ting Competition, and a 2004 Ohio Arts Council Individual Artist Grant. &nbs=
p;A full production of the play premiered at Dobama Theatre in 2003.  <=

    <FONT COLOR=3D"#800000"><B>Cleveland Jews in the Armed For=
ces during World War II<BR>
    </B><I>A play reading and discussion facilitated by play=
wright Faye Sholiton<BR>
    </I><B>Sunday, October 2, 2005 at 2:00 pm<BR>
    </B>Stonehill Auditorium Mandel JCC <BR>
    26001 S. Woodland Road in Beachwood <BR>
    Tickets:  $5 at the door.  FREE to WWII vetera=
ns<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<B>Celebrate 350 Years of Jewish Women in America</B> on October 6 features=
 New York actor Ruth Haye's witty one-woman show, <I>My Mother, Grandmother =
and Me.  </I>Presented in partnership with the National Council of Jewi=
sh Women, Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland and the Maltz Museum of J=
ewish Heritage, <I>My Mother, Grandmother and Me </I>offers a unique family =
story with narration and songs, both humorous and nostalgic.  Celebrate=
 how women have established a Jewish presence in America through Ruth Haye's=
 witty one-woman show, <B>My Mother, Grandmother and Me.<BR>
</B>    <FONT COLOR=3D"#800000"><B>Celebrate 350 Years of Jewi=
sh Women in America<BR>
    Thursday, October 6, 2005 at 7:30 pm<BR>
</B><I>    </I>Stonehill Auditorium Mandel JCC<BR>
    26601 South Woodland Road in Beachwood<BR>
    Tickets:  $18 per person (call 216-566-9200, ext. 2=
20)<BR>
</FONT><B><BR>
FREE!<BR>
Sundays at the Cinema with Rodgers and Hammerstein </B>(October 9, 16, and =
30) is a three-part film screening and discussion series presented in partne=
rship with Cuyahoga County Public Library; the schedule is listed below. &nb=
sp;Three hosts =8B all educators, raconteurs, and musical theater aficionados =
=8B introduce, screen and lead discussions of filmed and televised versions of=
 musical classics by Rodgers and Hammerstein:  the team's only musical =
for television, the 1957<I>Cinderella</I> starring Julie Andrews;<I> Oklahom=
a!</I> (1955); and <I>The King and I</I>  (1956). <B>Sundays at the Cin=
ema with Rodgers and Hammerstein</B> is open to the public and presented fre=
e of charge.<BR>
  <FONT COLOR=3D"#800000">  <B>Sundays at the Cinema with Rodgers a=
nd Hammerstein<BR>
    </B><I>A three-part film screening and discussion series=
<BR>
    Presented in partnership with the Cuyahoga County Public=
 Library<BR>
    </I><B>=80 Sunday, October 9, 2005 at 1:30 pm </B>Julie An=
drews' <I>Cinderella<BR>
    </I>Hosted by radio personality <B>Bill Rudman</B> (Musi=
cal Theater Education Programming)<BR>
    Mayfield Regional Branch, 6080 Wilson Mills Road in Mayf=
ield Village<BR>
    FREE and open to the public<BR>
     <B>=80 Sunday, October 16, 2005 at 1:30 pm </B><I>Ok=
lahoma!<BR>
</I><B>    </B>Hosted by actor/educator <B>Mitchell Fields</=
B> (Theatre Department, Baldwin-Wallace College)<BR>
    Maple Heights Regional Branch, 5225 Library Lane in Mapl=
e Heights<BR>
    FREE and open to the public<BR>
     <B>=80 Sunday, October 30, 2005 at 1:30 pm </B><I>Th=
e King and I<BR>
    </I>Hosted by educator <B>Bob Noll</B> (Communications D=
epartment, John Carroll University)<BR>
    Mayfield Regional Branch, 6080 Mayfield Road in Mayfield=
 Village<BR>
    FREE and open to the public<BR>
</FONT><BR>
The 2005-06 JCC Arts & Culture program season is made possible by gener=
ous funding from Roe Green adn the Green Arts Fund of the Jewish Community F=
ederation of Cleveland, the Leonard Krieger Fund of the Cleveland Foundation=
, the Meisel Family Foundation, and John and Bonnie Osher.<BR>
<BR>
The JCC Arts & Culture programs for the 2005-06 season include <B>Somet=
hing Wonderful:  The Musicals of Rodgers and Hammerstein</B>, <I>South =
Pacific</I>, <B>Paul Shapiro's Midnight Minyan, An Evening of Classical Musi=
c</B>, <I>From Door to Door</I>, the <B>Playmakers Youth Theatre</B>, the <B=
>Festival of Jewish Books and Authors</B>, the 36th Annual Jewish Community =
Center <B>Photography Show </B>and the <B>Dorothy Silver Playwriting Competi=
tion.<BR>
<BR>
</B>The Jewish Community Center of Cleveland builds and strengthens Clevela=
nd's entire Jewish community by providing exceptional programs and services =
that enhance Jewish continuity and Jewish identity in four key program areas=
:  Health, Wellness and Recreation; Early Childhood Education; Camping;=
 and Cultural Arts, which are central to the mission of JCC's nationwide. &n=
bsp;<BR>
<BR>
Membership to the JCC is open to all. The JCC is a nonprofit social service=
 agency that receives funding from the Jewish Community Federation of Clevel=
and and the United Way of Greater Cleveland.<BR>
<B><BR>
<BR>
</B><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<B><BR>
</B><BR>
<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3210602371_728340_MIME_Part--