[NEohioPAL]JCC's SOUTH PACIFIC opens Oct 15 at CCC East

Ksenia Roshchakovsky kseniar at core.com
Wed Oct 5 20:08:01 PDT 2005

--MS_Mac_OE_3211398482_5472823_MIME_Part

South Pacific opens October 15 at CCC East
presented by the Jewish Community Center of Cleveland
in association with CCC Eastern Campus Theatre Arts

Directed by Fred Sternfeld

with Tom Fulton* as Emile

Joan Ellison as Nellie

Larry Nehring* as Luther Billis

Cheryl Campo as Bloody Mary

Colin Cook as Lt. Joseph Cable

Kristy Chen as Liat

Choreography by
Mart=EDn C=E9spedes

Vocal  Direction by
Heidi Herczeg

Orchestra Direction by
Larry Goodpaster

Costume Design by
Esther Montgomery

Set Design by
Ben Needham

Lighting Design by=20
Trad A Burns

Sound Design by
Casey Jones

Stage Managed by
Sean Szaller

The Jewish Community Center (JCC) of Cleveland presents Rodgers &
Hammerstein=B9s South Pacific, directed by Fred Sternfeld and playing October
15 =AD November 6, 2005 at Cuyahoga Community College (CCC) Eastern Campus
Performing Arts Center (audience members are directed to park in lots D and
E).  This Pulitzer Prize-winning musical is produced by the JCC and
presented in association with CCC Eastern Campus Theatre Arts.

Opening night is Saturday, October 15 at 8:30 p.m. and South Pacific closes
on Sunday, November 6 with the 2:00 p.m. performance.  South Pacific runs
Thursdays at 7:30 p.m., Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m.  A
special senior matinee has been scheduled for Wednesday, November 2 at 1:30
p.m.=20

Tickets are $24 ($12 for the special senior matinee on November 2) and may
be purchased by calling 800-766-6048 or going online to www.tickets.com.
Tickets may also be purchased at any Tops Market in Northeast Ohio.

Discounted tickets are available to all Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
performances of South Pacific for JCC members ($20) and seniors ($22). All
discounted tickets must be purchased prior to the day of the performance. O=
the day of the performance, only full price tickets will be available and
may be purchased one hour prior to the performance at the box office of the
CCC Eastern Campus Performing Arts Center, 4250 Richmond Road in Highland
Hills.

Group rates ($16 ticket) are available for 10 or more by calling
216-593-6238.=20

South Pacific is based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel Tales of the
South Pacific by James A. Michener with music by Richard Rodgers, lyrics by
Oscar Hammerstein II and book by Oscar Hammerstein II and Joshua Logan.  Se=
in an island paradise during World War II, South Pacific is a tale of two
parallel love stories that are threatened by the dangers of prejudice and
war.  Nellie Forbush (Joan Ellison), a spunky nurse from Arkansas, falls in
love with Emile de Becque (Tom Fulton), a mature French plantation owner.
Meanwhile, a strapping Lt. Joseph Cable (Colin Cook) is torn over his
feelings of love for an innocent Tonkinese girl, Liat (Kristy Chen).

The score is as breathtaking as the tropical setting =8B =B3Some Enchanted
Evening,=B2 =B3Bali Ha=B9i,=B2 =B3There is Nothin=B9 Like a Dame,=B2 =B3Younger Than
Springtime,=B2 "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair," "I'm in Love wit=
a Wonderful Guy," and more.

In conjunction with South Pacific, the JCC is also presenting free pre-show
talks and post-performance discussions.  Pre-show talks are scheduled on
Sundays at 1:00 p.m.:  October 16 with Fred Sternfeld, director of South
Pacific; October 23 with Stuart Raleigh, director of choral activities at
Baldwin-Wallace College; October 30 with Brian Zoldessy, department chair o=
CCC Eastern Campus Theatre Arts; and November 6 with Faye Sholiton, writer.
Post-performance discussions with cast and guest speakers immediately follo=
all Sunday performances (October 16, 23, 30, November 6).

On behalf of the JCC South Pacific Director Fred Sternfeld recently accepte=
numerous awards for last season's JCC production of Ragtime, the musical:
Cleveland Theater Collective Critic's Choice Award (Best Local Musical and
Best Direction); finalist in Northern Ohio Live's 25th Annual Awards of
Achievement; and Best Musical in Cleveland Scene's Best of 2005 Awards.

The JCC=B9s 2005-06 Arts & Culture Season is made possible by generous fundin=
from Roe Green and the Green Arts Fund of the Jewish Community Federation o=
Cleveland, the Leonard Krieger Fund of the Cleveland Foundation, the Meisel
Family Foundation, and John and Bonnie Osher.

Upcoming performances in the season include Yiddish jazz combo, Paul
Shapiro=B9s Midnight Minyan (March 4, 2006); the JCC's sixth annual An Evenin=
of Classical Music (April 23, 2006) and the Northeast Ohio premiere of Jame=
Sherman=B9s funny and poignant family saga, From Door to Door (May 4-21,
2006), directed by Fred Sternfeld.

The Rain Pryor: Fried Chicken & Latkes show that was scheduled for January
21, 2006 has been cancelled due to the artist=B9s schedule conflict.

Other events in the season are the 2005 Festival of Jewish Books and Author=
(November 7-20, 2005); Playmakers Youth Theatre performances and classes
(November 2005-April 2006); the Dorothy Silver Playwriting Competition
Reading (May 21, 2006); and the 36th Annual JCC Photography Show (Spring
2006).  For complete and updated schedules of JCC Arts & Culture Events
please call the JCC at (216) 831-0700 or visit www.clevejcc.org.

The JCC gratefully acknowledges the support of the Holiday Inn =AD Beachwood.

The Jewish Community Center of Cleveland builds and strengthens Cleveland's
entire Jewish Community by providing exceptional programs and services that
enhance Jewish continuity and Jewish identity in four key program areas:
Health, Wellness and Recreation; Early Childhood Education; Camping; and
Cultural Arts, which are central to the mission of JCC=B9s nationwide.
Membership to the JCC is open to all. The JCC is a non-profit social servic=
agency that receives funding from the Jewish Community Federation and the
United Way.

*member of Actors Equity Association

-JCC-

--MS_Mac_OE_3211398482_5472823_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>JCC's SOUTH PACIFIC opens Oct 15 at CCC East </TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman"><BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF00FF"><FONT SIZE=3D"6"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B><I=
>South Pacific </I>opens October 15 at CCC East<BR>
</B></FONT></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">presented by the Jewish Communi=
ty Center of Cleveland<BR>
in association with CCC Eastern Campus Theatre Arts<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF00FF"><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B><I>Directed by Fred Sternfeld <BR>
</I></B></FONT></FONT><I><H3><BR>
</H3></I>with <FONT COLOR=3D"#008080"><B>Tom Fulton</B>*</FONT> as Emile<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#008080"><B>Joan Ellison</B></FONT> as Nellie<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#008080"><B>Larry Nehring*</B></FONT> as Luther Billis<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#008080"><B>Cheryl Campo</B></FONT> as Bloody Mary<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#008080"><B>Colin Cook</B></FONT> as Lt. Joseph Cable<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#008080"><B>Kristy Chen</B></FONT> as Liat<BR>
<BR>
Choreography by<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF00FF"><B>Mart=EDn C=E9spedes<BR>
</B></FONT><B><BR>
</B>Vocal  Direction by<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF00FF"><B>Heidi Herczeg<BR>
</B></FONT><B><BR>
</B>Orchestra Direction by <BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF00FF"><B>Larry Goodpaster<BR>
</B></FONT><B><BR>
</B>Costume Design by<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF00FF"><B>Esther Montgomery<BR>
</B></FONT><B><BR>
</B>Set Design by<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF00FF"><B>Ben Needham<BR>
</B></FONT><B><BR>
</B>Lighting Design by <BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF00FF"><B>Trad A Burns<BR>
</B></FONT><B><BR>
</B>Sound Design by<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF00FF"><B>Casey Jones<BR>
</B></FONT><B><BR>
</B>Stage Managed by<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF00FF"><B>Sean Szaller<BR>
</B></FONT><B><BR>
<BR>
The Jewish Community Center (JCC) of Cleveland</B> presents Rodgers & H=
ammerstein=B9s <B><I>South Pacific, </I></B>directed by <B>Fred Sternfeld</B> =
and<B><I> </I></B>playing <B>October 15 =AD November 6, 2005 at Cuyahoga Commu=
nity College (CCC) Eastern Campus Performing Arts Center </B>(audience membe=
rs are directed to park in lots D and E).<B><I>  </I></B>This Pulitzer =
Prize-winning musical is produced by the JCC and presented in association wi=
th CCC Eastern Campus Theatre Arts.  <BR>
<BR>
<B>Opening night is Saturday, October 15 at 8:30 p.m. </B>and <B><I>South P=
acific</I></B> closes on Sunday, November 6 with the 2:00 p.m. performance.<=
B> </B> <B><I>South Pacific</I></B> runs Thursdays at 7:30 p.m., Saturdays a=
t 8:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m.  A special senior matinee has been sc=
heduled for Wednesday, November 2 at 1:30 p.m. <BR>
<BR>
Tickets are $24 ($12 for the special senior matinee on November 2) and may =
be purchased by calling 800-766-6048 or going online to <U>www.tickets.com</=
U>. Tickets may also be purchased at any Tops Market in Northeast Ohio. <BR>
<BR>
Discounted tickets are available to all Thursday, Saturday and Sunday perfo=
rmances of <B><I>South Pacific</I></B> for JCC members ($20) and seniors ($2=
2). <B>All discounted tickets must be purchased prior to the day of the perf=
ormance</B>. <B>On the day of the performance, only full price tickets will =
be available</B> and may be purchased one hour prior to the performance at t=
he box office of the CCC Eastern Campus Performing Arts Center, 4250 Richmon=
d Road in Highland Hills.<BR>
<BR>
Group rates ($16 ticket) are available for 10 or more by calling 216-593-62=
38. <BR>
<BR>
<B><I>South Pacific</I></B> is based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel <I=
>Tales of the South Pacific</I> by James A. Michener with music by Richard R=
odgers, lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II and book by Oscar Hammerstein II and =
Joshua Logan.  Set in an island paradise during World War II, <B><I>Sou=
th Pacific</I></B> is a tale of two parallel love stories that are threatene=
d by the dangers of prejudice and war.  Nellie Forbush (<B>Joan Ellison=
</B>), a spunky nurse from Arkansas, falls in love with Emile de Becque (<B>=
Tom Fulton</B>), a mature French plantation owner.  Meanwhile, a strapp=
ing Lt. Joseph Cable (<B>Colin Cook</B>) is torn over his feelings of love f=
or an innocent Tonkinese girl, Liat (<B>Kristy Chen</B>). <BR>
<BR>
The score is as breathtaking as the tropical setting =8B =B3Some Enchanted Even=
ing,=B2 =B3Bali Ha=B9i,=B2 =B3There is Nothin=B9 Like a Dame,=B2 =B3Younger Than Springtime,=
=B2 "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair," "I'm in Love =
with a Wonderful Guy," and more.  <BR>
<BR>
In conjunction with <B><I>South Pacific</I></B>, the JCC is also presenting=
 free pre-show talks and post-performance discussions.  Pre-show talks =
are scheduled on Sundays at 1:00 p.m.:  October 16 with <B>Fred Sternfe=
ld</B><I>, </I>director of<I> South Pacific</I>; October 23 with <B>Stuart R=
aleigh</B>, director of choral activities at Baldwin-Wallace College; Octobe=
r 30 with <B>Brian Zoldessy</B>, department chair of CCC Eastern Campus Thea=
tre Arts; and November 6 with <B>Faye Sholiton</B>, writer.  Post-perfo=
rmance discussions with cast and guest speakers immediately follow all Sunda=
y performances (October 16, 23, 30, November 6).<BR>
<BR>
On behalf of the JCC<B><I> South Pacific</I></B> Director Fred Sternfeld re=
cently accepted numerous awards for last season's JCC production of <I>Ragti=
me, the musical</I>:  Cleveland Theater Collective Critic's Choice Awar=
d (Best Local Musical and Best Direction); finalist in <I>Northern Ohio Live=
's</I> 25th Annual Awards of Achievement; and Best Musical in <I>Cleveland S=
cene's</I> Best of 2005 Awards.<BR>
<BR>
The JCC=B9s 2005-06 Arts & Culture Season is made possible by generous fu=
nding from Roe Green and the Green Arts Fund of the Jewish Community Federat=
ion of Cleveland, the Leonard Krieger Fund of the Cleveland Foundation, the =
Meisel Family Foundation, and John and<B> </B>Bonnie Osher.<BR>
<BR>
Upcoming performances in the season include Yiddish jazz combo, <B><I>Paul =
Shapiro=B9s Midnight Minyan</I></B> (March 4, 2006); the JCC's sixth annual <B=
><I>An Evening of Classical Music </I></B>(April 23, 2006) and the Northeast=
 Ohio premiere of James Sherman=B9s funny and poignant family saga, <B><I>From=
 Door to Door</I></B> (May 4-21, 2006), directed by Fred Sternfeld.<BR>
<BR>
The <B><I>Rain Pryor: Fried Chicken & Latkes</I></B> show that was sche=
duled for January 21, 2006 has been cancelled due to the artist=B9s schedule c=
onflict.<BR>
<BR>
Other events in the season are the <B>2005 Festival of Jewish Books and Aut=
hors</B> (November 7-20, 2005); <B>Playmakers Youth Theatre</B> performances=
 and classes (November 2005-April 2006); the <B>Dorothy Silver Playwriting C=
ompetition Reading </B>(May 21, 2006); and the <B>36th Annual JCC Photograph=
y Show</B> (Spring 2006).  For complete and updated schedules of JCC Ar=
ts & Culture Events please <B>call the JCC at (216) 831-0700 or visit ww=
w.clevejcc.org.<BR>
<BR>
</B>The JCC gratefully acknowledges<B> the support of the Holiday Inn =AD Bea=
chwood.<BR>
<BR>
The Jewish Community Center of Cleveland</B> builds and strengthens Clevela=
nd's entire Jewish Community by providing exceptional programs and services =
that enhance Jewish continuity and Jewish identity in four key program areas=
: Health, Wellness and Recreation; Early Childhood Education; Camping; and C=
ultural Arts, which are central to the mission of JCC=B9s nationwide.  Me=
mbership to the JCC is open to all. The JCC is a non-profit social service a=
gency that receives funding from the Jewish Community Federation and the Uni=
ted Way.<BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"1">*member of Actors Equity Association<BR>
<BR>
</FONT>-JCC-<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3211398482_5472823_MIME_Part--