[NEohioPAL]RE: live sex acts controversy

TALENTnet1 at aol.com TALENTnet1 at aol.com
Fri Oct 7 09:14:51 PDT 2005

-------------------------------1128701691

For what it's worth, this is what I see as a by-stander who  isn't
emotionally attached to this topic....

>From my point of view, it seemed to me that Tom Ovarec took  offense NOT at
the posting content describing the event or at the event itself,  but at his
kids reading the subject line  "Live Homosexual Acts  at Public Square" (A line
obviously written to titillate the reader.)   He seemed shocked that his kids
read that when the list is normally about  auditions, classes, show
announcements, etc. and things of a "sexual" content  are not the norm.  So as a dad, he
"knee-jerked" reacted and wrote an angry  post instead of cooling down first.

I didn't save his original email, but I do not recall him  bashing or
condemning gays or shouting that he is anti-gay.  Think about  it.....take the HOMO
out and the headline would read "LIVE SEXUAL ACTS AT  PUBLIC SQUARE" -A
headline that might offend some people.   It might make parents not want their kids
to see it.   We are all  different.  We have different upbringings, different
religious backgrounds,  different hang-ups, different emotional baggage.
Should we not all  accept each other for the individuals we are?

I LOVE this list, but I really dislike when someone gets  bashed, abused and
shamed for stating an opinion.  Those who are  name-calling and judging Tom
for his opinions are just as guilty of what they  are accusing Tom of doing.
Live and let live people.  We are all  one.

Mary Faktor (the actor ;-)
_www.FaktorsTalentNetwork.com_ (http://www.FaktorsTalentNetwork.com)
_www.AngelsNest.us_ (http://www.AngelsNest.us)
888-913-3473

-------------------------------1128701691

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2722" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3><FONT size=3D2></FONT></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>For what it's worth, this is what I see as a by-stander=20=
who=20
isn't emotionally attached to this topic....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>From my point of view, it seemed to me that Tom Ovarec t=
ook=20
offense NOT at the posting content describing the event or at the event itse=
lf,=20
but at his kids reading the subject line  "Live Homosexual Ac=
ts=20
at Public Square" (A line obviously written to titillate the reader.)&n=
bsp;=20
He seemed shocked that his kids read that when the list is normally abo=
ut=20
auditions, classes, show announcements, etc. and things of a "sexual" conten=
t=20
are not the norm.  So as a dad, he "knee-jerked" reacted and wrote an a=
ngry=20
post instead of cooling down first. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>I didn't save his original email, but I do not recall hi=
m=20
bashing or condemning gays or shouting that he is anti-gay.  Think abou=
t=20
it.....take the HOMO out and the headline would read "LIVE SEXUAL ACTS=20=
AT=20
PUBLIC SQUARE" -A headline that might offend some people.&nbs=
p;=20
It might make parents not want their kids to see it.   We are all=20
different.  We have different upbringings, different religious backgrou=
nds,=20
different hang-ups, different emotional baggage.   Should we not a=
ll=20
accept each other for the individuals we are?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>I LOVE this list, but I really dislike when someone=
 gets=20
bashed, abused and shamed for stating an opinion.  Those who are=20
name-calling and judging Tom for his opinions are just as guilty of what the=
y=20
are accusing Tom of doing.  Live and let live people.  We are all=20
one.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>Mary Faktor (the actor ;-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3><A=20
href=3D"http://www.FaktorsTalentNetwork.com">www.FaktorsTalentNetwork.com</A=
></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><A href=3D"http://www.AngelsNest.us"><FONT=20
size=3D3>www.AngelsNest.us</FONT></A></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>888-913-3473</FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>