[NEohioPAL]Over the River and through the Woods -- A delightful comedy!

Jan Harcar jharcar at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Fri Oct 7 09:57:57 PDT 2005

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C5CB3E.BD780EE0

Weathervane Playhouse=20

OVER THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS

A Sweet and Sentimental Journey to Grandparents' house

It's all in the familglia as Weathervane Playhouse presents the =
warm-hearted comedy OVER THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS by Joe =
DiPietro, October 19 - November 6, 2005. Set in a tight-knit Italian =
household in Hoboken, the play concerns Nick Cristano - an unattached, =
29-year-old marketing manager. His parents have retired to Florida and, =
every Sunday, he gets together with both sets of grandparents. They =
talk, they play Trivial Pursuit, they have a little a lot of food! Nick =
arrives one Sunday with an exciting announcement - he's been promoted to =
a new position - a dream job -- in Seattle. Naturally, this news is =
devastating to his elders. If their food can't keep him in Hoboken, =
perhaps a pretty young girl can. Over the River and through the Woods is =
full of sweet humor and genuine pathos as Nick's grandparents conspire =
to keep him close to home and close to their hearts.

Joe DiPietro wrote the book and lyrics to the musical I Love You, You're =
Perfect, Now Change, currently in its ninth year Off-Broadway. Other =
works include the Off-Broadway musical The Thing About Men as well as =
the forthcoming rock 'n' roll musical Memphis and the new Gershwin =
musical Heaven on Earth. He has written new books for Rodgers & =
Hammerstein's Allegro (Signature Theatre) and Rodgers & Hart's Babes in =
Arms (Goodspeed Musicals). Over the River was selected for the 1994 =
Eugene O'Neill/National Playwrights Conference where it was awarded the =
Charles MacArthur Fellowship for comic writing.

Nancy Cates, director, is pleased to return to Weathervane this season =
for her sixth production. Others in recent years have included Gypsy, A =
Man for All Seasons, The Two Gentlemen of Verona, Blithe Spirit and =
Communicating Doors. Nancy has directed just over 120 shows in Ohio, =
Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia, in genres ranging from the classics =
to the avant garde to musical comedy. Nancy is one of the two Artistic =
Directors (her husband Terry Burgler is the other) of The Ohio =
Shakespeare Festival, which recently completed its fourth summer season =
on the grounds of Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens. Nancy's shows for OSF =
include Oh, Coward!, Side by Side by Sondheim and this summer's =
record-breaker, Swingtime Canteen, and she looks forward to directing A =
Life in the Theatre as OSF's first winter show early next year, hosted =
by the Coach House Theatre. Nancy is an honors graduate of the =
University of Virginia, a member of the Society of Stage Directors and =
Choreographers, and has been honored with eleven variations of regional =
critics awards for excellence in directing.=20

Cast:

SCOTT SHRINER of Akron plays Nick Cristano=20

Scott's recent appearances at Weathervane include Noises Off, Three Days =
of Rain and The Rocky Horror Show all from the 2004-2005 season. He has =
also performed with Actors' Summit, The Ohio Shakespeare Festival and =
Coach House Theatre, where he was seen in Proof this past September.

TIMOTHY H. CHAMPION of Akron plays Frank Gianelli

Tim's appearances at Weathervane include The Fantasticks, Communicating =
Doors, The Philadelphia Story, A Man for All Seasons, Pirates of =
Penzance and Guys and Dolls. Porthouse Theatre audiences have seen him =
in productions including 1776, Man of La Mancha, Twelfth Night and A =
Thousand Clowns.

VIRGINIA R. HANLON of Cuyahoga Falls plays Aida Gianelli

Virginia received Weathervane's Best Supporting Actress Chanticleer for =
her role in Beyond Therapy (1987-88) and a Best Actress Chanticleer for =
Da (1980-81). She also received a Best Supporting Actress award for her =
role in Equus (1983-84) at Coach House Theatre. She was most recently =
seen at Weathervane in the 1996 production of Holiday Memories.

HENRY C. BISHOP of Creston plays Nunzio Cristano

Henry has been seen in nearly 400 plays and musicals. For Weathervane he =
was seen as Herbie in Gypsy (2003), A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to =
the Forum, The Golden Apple, Pirates of Penzance, Boys from Syracuse, =
Chicago, Guys and Dolls and She Loves Me. He "occupies his time" doing =
commercials, voice overs and substitute teaching.

LINDA GRASKE of Akron plays Emma Cristano

Linda was busy last season at Coach House Theatre where she appeared in =
The Real Thing and California Suite as well as at Stan Hywet Hall and =
Gardens in A Midsummer Night's Dream. Her most recent credits at =
Weathervane include A Man for All Seasons, Blithe Spirit and =
Translations.

LETISHA THOMAS of Twinsburg plays Caitlin O'Hare

Letisha is new to both the Weathervane Playhouse and Ohio. Some of her =
favorite performances have been in Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the =
Beast, Arsenic and Old Lace, The Diary of Anne Frank and Black Comedy.=20

Backstage:

Jerry Mirman Stage Manager Copley

Alan Scott Ferrall Scenic Designer Cuyahoga Falls

John A. Cotter Properties Master Akron

Kathy Kohl Properties Mistress Akron

Mark A. Zimmerman Lighting Designer Akron

Judy Willemsen Sound Designer Akron

Connie Velotta Costume Designer Akron

Kathy Kohl Assistant Technical Director Akron

A delightful comedy of family relations! Over the River and through the =
Woods - preview performances on Wednesday and Thursday, October 19 & 20 =
at 7:30 p.m. with official opening on Friday, October 21 at 8:00 p.m. =
Other performances are Thursdays at 7:30 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays at =
8 p.m. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m. (There is NO PERFORMANCE on Sunday, =
October 23.) Charge by phone at Weathervane's Ticket Office at =
330-836-2626. Call between 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. =
Tickets: $20 (Other Tickets: Wed. & Thurs previews $14, Students 17 or =
younger $16, College Students and Senior Citizens $18 on Thursdays and =
Sundays. Half-price student rush tickets may be purchased at the door =
with ID).

There is no Sunday performance during the first week of

Main Stage productions during the 2005-2006 season.

The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with state tax dollars to =
encourage economic growth,

education excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.

Additional Season Sponsors: WKSU, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company

www.weathervaneplayhouse.com

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C5CB3E.BD780EE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><B><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D4>
<P align=3Dcenter>Weathervane Playhouse </P><I>
<P align=3Dcenter>OVER THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS</P></FONT><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter>A Sweet and Sentimental Journey to Grandparents=92=20
house</P></B></I>
<P>It=92s <I>all in the familglia </I>as <B>Weathervane Playhouse</B> =
presents the=20
warm-hearted comedy <B><I>OVER THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS</I> =
</B>by Joe=20
DiPietro, October 19 =96 November 6, 2005<B><I>.</B></I> Set in a =
tight-knit=20
Italian household in Hoboken, the play concerns Nick Cristano =96 an =
unattached,=20
29-year-old marketing manager. His parents have retired to Florida and, =
every=20
Sunday, he gets together with both sets of grandparents. They talk, they =
play=20
Trivial Pursuit, they have <STRIKE>a little</STRIKE> a lot of food! Nick =
arrives=20
one Sunday with an exciting announcement =96 he=92s been promoted to a =
new position=20
=96 a dream job -- in Seattle. Naturally, this news is devastating to =
his elders.=20
If their food can=92t keep him in Hoboken, perhaps a pretty young girl =
can.=20
<B><I>Over the River and through the Woods</B></I> is full of sweet =
humor and=20
genuine pathos as Nick=92s grandparents conspire to keep him close to =
home and=20
close to their hearts.</P><B>
<P>Joe DiPietro </B>wrote the book and lyrics to the musical <I>I Love =
You,=20
You=92re Perfect, Now Change</I>, currently in its ninth year =
Off-Broadway. Other=20
works include the Off-Broadway musical <I>The Thing About Men</I> as =
well as the=20
forthcoming rock =91n=92 roll musical <I>Memphis</I> and the new =
Gershwin musical=20
<I>Heaven on Earth</I>. He has written new books for Rodgers & =
Hammerstein=92s=20
<I>Allegro</I> (Signature Theatre) and Rodgers & Hart=92s <I>Babes =
in Arms</I>=20
(Goodspeed Musicals). <I>Over the River</I> was selected for the 1994 =
Eugene=20
O=92Neill/National Playwrights Conference where it was awarded the =
Charles=20
MacArthur Fellowship for comic writing.</P><B>
<P>Nancy Cates</B>, director, is pleased to return to Weathervane this =
season=20
for her sixth production. Others in recent years have included <I>Gypsy, =
A Man=20
for All Seasons, The Two Gentlemen of Verona, Blithe Spirit</I> and=20
<I>Communicating Doors.</I> Nancy has directed just over 120 shows in =
Ohio,=20
Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia, in genres ranging from the classics =
to the=20
avant garde to musical comedy. Nancy is one of the two Artistic =
Directors (her=20
husband Terry Burgler is the other) of The Ohio Shakespeare Festival, =
which=20
recently completed its fourth summer season on the grounds of Stan Hywet =
Hall=20
and Gardens. Nancy=92s shows for OSF include <I>Oh, Coward!, Side by =
Side by=20
Sondheim </I>and this summer=92s record-breaker, <I>Swingtime =
Canteen,</I> and she=20
looks forward to directing <I>A Life in the Theatre</I> as OSF=92s first =
winter=20
show early next year, hosted by the Coach House Theatre. Nancy is an =
honors=20
graduate </FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>of the University of =
Virginia, a=20
member of the Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers, and has =
been=20
honored with eleven variations of regional critics awards for excellence =
in=20
directing. </P>
<P>Cast:</P>
<P>SCOTT SHRINER of Akron plays Nick Cristano </P>
<P>Scott=92s recent appearances at Weathervane include <I>Noises Off, =
Three Days=20
of Rain</I> and <I>The Rocky Horror Show</I> all from the 2004-2005 =
season. He=20
has also performed with Actors=92 Summit, The Ohio Shakespeare Festival =
and Coach=20
House Theatre, where he was seen in <I>Proof</I> this past =
September.</P>
<P>TIMOTHY H. CHAMPION of Akron plays Frank Gianelli</P>
<P>Tim=92s appearances at Weathervane include <I>The Fantasticks, =
Communicating=20
Doors, The Philadelphia Story, A Man for All Seasons, Pirates of =
Penzance</I>=20
and <I>Guys and Dolls.</I> Porthouse Theatre audiences have seen him in=20
productions including <I>1776, Man of La Mancha, Twelfth Night</I> and =
<I>A=20
Thousand Clowns.</P></I>
<P>VIRGINIA R. HANLON of Cuyahoga Falls plays Aida Gianelli</P>
<P>Virginia received Weathervane=92s Best Supporting Actress Chanticleer =
for her=20
role in <I>Beyond Therapy</I> (1987-88) and a Best Actress Chanticleer =
for=20
<I>Da</I> (1980-81). She also received a Best Supporting Actress award =
for her=20
role in <I>Equus</I> (1983-84) at Coach House Theatre. She was most =
recently=20
seen at Weathervane in the 1996 production of <I>Holiday =
Memories.</P></I>
<P>HENRY C. BISHOP of Creston plays Nunzio Cristano</P>
<P>Henry has been seen in nearly 400 plays and musicals. For Weathervane =
he was=20
seen as Herbie in <I>Gypsy </I>(2003), <I>A Funny Thing Happened on the =
Way to=20
the Forum, The Golden Apple, Pirates of Penzance, Boys from Syracuse, =
Chicago,=20
Guys and Dolls </I>and <I>She Loves Me.</I> He "occupies his time" doing =

commercials, voice overs and substitute teaching.</P>
<P>LINDA GRASKE of Akron plays Emma Cristano</P>
<P>Linda was busy last season at Coach House Theatre where she appeared =
in=20
<I>The Real Thing</I> and <I>California Suite</I> as well as at Stan =
Hywet Hall=20
and Gardens in <I>A Midsummer Night=92s Dream.</I> Her most recent =
credits at=20
Weathervane include <I>A Man for All Seasons, Blithe Spirit</I> and<I>=20
Translations</I>.</P>
<P>LETISHA THOMAS of Twinsburg plays Caitlin O=92Hare</P>
<P>Letisha is new to both the Weathervane Playhouse and Ohio. Some of =
her=20
favorite performances have been in <I>Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and =
the Beast,=20
Arsenic and Old Lace, The Diary of Anne Frank</I> and <I>Black =
Comedy</I>. </P>
<P>Backstage:</P>
<P>Jerry Mirman Stage Manager Copley</P>
<P>Alan Scott Ferrall Scenic Designer Cuyahoga Falls</P>
<P>John A. Cotter Properties Master Akron</P>
<P>Kathy Kohl Properties Mistress Akron</P>
<P>Mark A. Zimmerman Lighting Designer Akron</P>
<P>Judy Willemsen Sound Designer Akron</P>
<P>Connie Velotta Costume Designer Akron</P>
<P>Kathy Kohl Assistant Technical Director Akron</P>
<P>A delightful comedy of family relations! <B><I>Over the River and =
through the=20
Woods</B></I> =96 preview performances on <B>Wednesday and Thursday, =
October 19=20
& 20 at <U>7:30 p.m.</B></U> with official opening on <B>Friday, =
October 21=20
at 8:00 p.m.</B> Other performances are <U>Thursdays at 7:30 p.m.,</U> =
Fridays=20
and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m. (There is NO =
PERFORMANCE on=20
Sunday, October 23.) Charge by phone at Weathervane=92s Ticket Office at =

<B>330-836-2626. </B></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2><B><I>Call =
between 10=20
a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. </B>Tickets: $20 </I>(Other =
Tickets:=20
Wed. & Thurs previews $14, Students 17 or younger $16, College =
Students and=20
Senior Citizens $18 on Thursdays and Sundays. Half-price student rush =
tickets=20
may be purchased at the door with ID<I>)</I>.</P></FONT><B><FONT =
face=3DHelvetica=20
size=3D4><I>
<P align=3Dcenter>There is no Sunday performance during the first week =
of</P></I>
<P align=3Dcenter><I>Main Stage productions during the 2005-2006 =
season.</P></I>
<P align=3Dcenter></P>
<P align=3Dcenter> </P></B></FONT><I><FONT face=3DHelvetica =
size=3D1>
<P> </P>
<P align=3Dcenter>The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with =
state tax=20
dollars to encourage economic growth,</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>education excellence and cultural enrichment for all=20
Ohioans.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Additional Season Sponsors: WKSU, Goodyear Tire & =
Rubber=20
Company</P></I>
<P =
align=3Dcenter>www.weathervaneplayhouse.com</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML=