[NEohioPAL]NeoPal to PD Auditionees

lenne at mindspring.com lenne at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 15 08:54:53 PST 2005

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

On one of my recent projects, before the PD's new Friday mag was published and completely out of curiosity, I asked where people found out about auditions.  It was about 50:50, PD to NeoPal.  The two people I cast as my principals found the audition notice in the PD...one does not own a computer, the second uses a computer at work, does not have home access to the Internet and does not subscribe to the NeoPal list.  I had never seen either of these people in a show or at an audition before.  Without the PD audition notice, I would have been scrabbling to attempt to cast that show.

Another project recently called for a fairly large number of children...I'm talking SMALL children.  These kids don't subscribe to Fred's list, but their parents read the PD.

Without the PD, I think we're apt to lose a fairly substantial part of our auditionees, and that's sad.

I've written to the PD and hope everyone will voice their concern to them over this latest development, which can only hurt us as a whole.

---Lenne Snively
Actor/Director