[NEohioPAL]Boycott the PD, Buy the Beacon Journal

kay ABRAHAMSEN allwritesf01 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 15 18:31:15 PST 2005

Sounds like the acting community ought to show its
support for the Akron Beacon Journal and help get the
word out that it's the place to be for casting info
outside cyberspace.  It appears the PD doesn't
consider auditions or the end product (productions) of
much value, at least financially and we all know the
bottom line's the only thing that matters in this day
and age.

According to PD staffer Tony Brown in his email to
Neopal of 11/15/05, theatre and audition notices
aren't worth the PD's time and effort.  "The
conclusion reached by the editors in charge of
redesigning Friday is that we could better cover the
arts by getting rid of the auditions list, any edition
of which might be of interest to a few hundred or even
a few dozen people qualified for the parts advertised,
and making way for other kinds of coverage."

Brown also says we can get access PD's listings
online, so LET'S CANCEL OUR PD SUBSCRIPTIONS AND
ENCOURAGE OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO DO THE SAME.
The rest of the PD's contents are online, too.

Christy Meyers