[NEohioPAL]Session 6 Instructors:Cleveland Improv Institute

MeatFree32 at aol.com MeatFree32 at aol.com
Sun Nov 27 10:32:09 PST 2005

--part1_6b.52680412.30bb55a9_boundary

CLEVELAND IMPROV INSTITUTE

The Cleveland Improv Institute announces its 6th Session, running January 9th
through March 2nd.  We are proud to introduce you to our Session 6
instructors: Marc Moritz and Jeffrey Lyn Hall.  We invite you to take a moment to learn
more about these incredible instructors!

Marc Moritz - Master Teacher
Marc originated the role of Talk Show Host in the original Broadway
production of the Sondheim/Prince musical Merrily We Roll Along. Theaters worked in
include: The Cleveland Playhouse, Long Wharf, Goodman, New Harmony, Cain Park,
Dobama and many more. Marc was the Founder/Director of the Cleveland based Giant
Portions Improv Troupe. His improv training includes stints at ImprovOlympic
and extensive workshops with Paul Sills, Del Close and Charna Halpern. He
currently teaches acting at Lakeland Community College as well as Improv at Beck
Center and is on staff at Chicago's Second City Training Center. Marc is also a
Guest Artist with The University Circle Early Educational Enrichment Program
- bringing Improv and other Creative Dramatics into area schools

(COURSES OFFERED FOR SESSION 6)
Beginning Improvisation
This class introduces and addresses keys 1 through 5 of our "10 Keys"
Training Program. Games and exercises are utilized in the development of the vital
skills required for improvisation. These 5 keys include: building trust/breaking
down sub-conscious walls & barriers, physical action, environment creation,
object reality and truth in the moment. Fun and challenging mental/physical
exercises utilizing these 5 keys will be the focus of the training for this class.
 All Are Welcome To Participate

Intermediate Improvisation
This class introduces and addresses keys 6 through 10 of our "10 Keys"
Training Program. These 5 keys include: character development, relationship
creation, yes and, emotional commitment and give and take. The use of fun and
challenging ensemble mental/physical games and exercises utilizing these 5 keys while
incorporating the first 5 keys within the class curriculum will be the focus
of the training for this class. PreReq:Beginning Improvisation

Jeffrey Lyn Hall- Instructor
Having started his career in Italian Commedia del Arte at the Teatro Arsenale
in Milan, Italy, Jeffrey Lyn Hall has spent the last 27 years in professional
study, teaching and performance. With degrees in theatre from Geneva College,
the University of Akron and Theatre of Louisville, Jeffrey has worked as an
actor, director, acrobat, clown and standup comic. In 1979, Jeffrey has the
rare opportunity to study improvisation in Chicago with the legendary Del Close
and performed under the direction of Betty Thomas in the Improv Olympic group
Orphaned Babies. Jeffrey is currently the Artistic Director of Beatnik Lingo
Entertainment, an improv comedy organization that has staged the immensely
popular improv/sketch comedy shows BEATNIK and VINE and the short form improv show
BEAT OFF-BEAT! Jeffrey has taught classes in improv/acting/directing at Geneva
College, University of Akron, University of Louisville as well as being a
former faculty member of The Second City (Cleveland), where he taught all levels
of students.

(COURSE OFFERED FOR SESSION 6)
Cleveland Improv Conservatory
Students must have successfully completed the Scene Construction Intensive
class or be able to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of those skills listed
in the Advanced and Scene Construction syllabus including: scene structure,
performance games, 10 Keys of Improv, long form and short form creation and
improvisation. Emphasis will be placed on the development of performance skills,
the construction of the "ensemble" within specific forms (short and longform)and
the ability to work within and demonstrate knowledge pertaining to said
specific forms (short and longform).
PreReq:Scene Construction

If you would like to have an informational brouchure sent to you, be put on
our mailing list or register for a class you can email us at:
treeblanch at aol.com  or call us: 216-479-3353
Check us out on the web at:
www.clevelandimprovinstitute.com

--part1_6b.52680412.30bb55a9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT  SIZE=3D5 PTSIZE=
=3D18 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Georgia" LANG=3D"0"><B><U>CLEVELAND IMPROV IN=
STITUTE</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-=
COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LAN=
G=3D"0"></U>
<BR><P ALIGN=3DLEFT>
<BR>The Cleveland Improv Institute announces its 6th Session, running Januar=
y 9th through March 2nd.  We are proud to introduce you to our Session=20=
6 instructors: Marc Moritz and Jeffrey Lyn Hall.  We invite you to take=
 a moment to learn more about these incredible instructors!   &nbs=
p;
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COL=
OR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=
=3D"0">Marc Moritz - Master Teacher</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#=
ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"S=
ANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"></B>
<BR>Marc originated the role of Talk Show Host in the original Broadway prod=
uction of the Sondheim/Prince musical Merrily We Roll Along. Theaters worked=
 in include: The Cleveland Playhouse, Long Wharf, Goodman, New Harmony, Cain=
 Park, Dobama and many more. Marc was the Founder/Director of the Cleveland=20=
based Giant Portions Improv Troupe. His improv training includes stints at I=
mprovOlympic and extensive workshops with Paul Sills, Del Close and Charna H=
alpern. He currently teaches acting at Lakeland Community College as well as=
 Improv at Beck Center and is on staff at Chicago's Second City Training Cen=
ter. Marc is also a Guest Artist with The University Circle Early Educationa=
l Enrichment Program - bringing Improv and other Creative Dramatics into are=
a schools
<BR>
<BR>(COURSES OFFERED FOR SESSION 6)
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COL=
OR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"arial" LANG=
=3D"0"><B><U>Beginning Improvisation</B></U>
<BR><B>This class introduces and addresses keys 1 through 5 of our <I>"10 Ke=
ys"</I> Training Program. Games and exercises are utilized in the developmen=
t of the vital skills required for improvisation. These 5 keys include: buil=
ding trust/breaking down sub-conscious walls & barriers, physical action=
, environment creation, object reality and truth in the moment. Fun and chal=
lenging mental/physical exercises utilizing these 5 keys will be the focus o=
f the training for this class.</B> <B>All Are Welcome To Participate</B>=20
<BR>
<BR><B><U>Intermediate Improvisation</B></U>
<BR><B>This class introduces and addresses keys 6 through 10 of our <I>"10 K=
eys"</I> Training Program. These 5 keys include: character development, rela=
tionship creation, yes and, emotional commitment and give and take. The use=20=
of fun and challenging ensemble mental/physical games and exercises utilizin=
g these 5 keys while incorporating the first 5 keys within the class curricu=
lum will be the focus of the training for this class.</B> <B>PreReq:Beginnin=
g Improvisation</B>   =20
<BR>   =20
<BR><P ALIGN=3DCENTER>______________________________________________________
<BR><P ALIGN=3DLEFT>
<BR><B>Jeffrey Lyn Hall- Instructor</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#=
ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"S=
ANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"></B>
<BR>Having started his career in Italian Commedia del Arte at the Teatro Ars=
enale in Milan, Italy, Jeffrey Lyn Hall has spent the last 27 years in profe=
ssional study, teaching and performance. With degrees in theatre from Geneva=
 College, the University of Akron and Theatre of Louisville, Jeffrey has wor=
ked as an actor, director, acrobat, clown and standup comic. In 1979, Jeffre=
y has the rare opportunity to study improvisation in Chicago with the legend=
ary Del Close and performed under the direction of Betty Thomas in the Impro=
v Olympic group Orphaned Babies. Jeffrey is currently the Artistic Director=20=
of Beatnik Lingo Entertainment, an improv comedy organization that has stage=
d the immensely popular improv/sketch comedy shows BEATNIK and VINE and the=20=
short form improv show BEAT OFF-BEAT! Jeffrey has taught classes in improv/a=
cting/directing at Geneva College, University of Akron, University of Louisv=
ille as well as being a former faculty member of The Second City (Cleveland)=
, where he taught all levels of students.
<BR>
<BR>(COURSE OFFERED FOR SESSION 6)
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COL=
OR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"arial" LANG=
=3D"0"><B><U>Cleveland Improv Conservatory</B></U>
<BR><B>Students must have successfully completed the Scene Construction Inte=
nsive class or be able to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of those skill=
s listed in the Advanced and Scene Construction syllabus including: scene st=
ructure, performance games, 10 Keys of Improv, long form and short form crea=
tion and improvisation. Emphasis will be placed on the development of perfor=
mance skills, the construction of the "ensemble" within specific forms (shor=
t and longform)and the ability to work within and demonstrate knowledge pert=
aining to said specific forms (short and longform).
<BR>PreReq:Scene Construction</B>=20
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><P ALIGN=3DCENTER><I>If you would like to have an informational brouchur=
e sent to you, be put on our mailing list or register for a class you can em=
ail us at:
<BR><B>treeblanch at aol.com</B>  or call us: <B>216-479-3353</B>
<BR>Check us out on the web at:
<BR><B>www.clevelandimprovinstitute.com</B>
<BR>    </I>
<BR><P ALIGN=3DLEFT>   =20
<BR>   =20
<BR>   =20
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COL=
OR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=
=3D"0">
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COL=
OR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=
=3D"0">   =20
<BR>   =20
<BR>   =20
<BR>   =20
<BR></P></P></P></P></P></P></FONT></HTML>

--part1_6b.52680412.30bb55a9_boundary--