[NEohioPAL]Help: In need of a chair and ottoman

Todd Krispinsky tkrispinsky at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:32:24 PST 2005

Hello all,

I am currently working on the scenic design for Dobama Theatre’s upcoming
winter production of the Carol Churchill's play, "A Number".  As part of the
design, I would like to find a chair and matching ottoman to serve as the
focal point of the room layout, but am having some difficulty in finding
something that will fit within our tight budget.  I’m hoping that someone
out there in the arts community might be able to lend a hand in helping us
locate one to borrow, rent or (dare I say) have.

Ideally, I am looking for a brown (or dark and earthy), leather chair and
matching ottoman – something very masculine in appearance.  The more used
the better.  We are looking for something worn.  I am flexible on the look
of the piece, but we would like to find something that is fairly
timeless…and not of a given period (60s, 70s etc.).  We don’t want to
conjure a specific era.

If you have such a piece and would be willing to help us out, or know of
someone else that might be able to assist, please respond to me via email
and include some contact information so that I can respond to you.  If you
can easily take a digital photo of the chair/ottoman combo and attach it to
your email that would be extra great.

When working on working on Eric Coble’s recent play Ten Minutes From
Cleveland, I posted here searching for some difficulat prop items and the
response from this list was overwhelmingly positive.  I am hoping for a
similar outcome again this time.  My fingers are cross’d.  Thank you in
advance for any assistance that you might be able to provide.

Have a great holiday.

Todd Krispinsky