[NEohioPAL]Jim Reilly

Barbara Megery, Bookkeeper bmegery at dobama.org
Fri Dec 9 14:57:10 PST 2005

Dear Friends,

Jim Reilly passed away on Wednesday.  He had survived cancer, radiation
therapy and several bouts of pneumonia.  His cancer returned, perhaps the
treatment was lethal in the long run.  His daughter,Megan,commented that he
fought leaving this world till the very end.  He was in the care of Hospice
the final two weeks of his life.

I am sure that we all have fond memories of sharing the stage with Jim.  I
was fortunate to direct him in "The Cripple of Irishman".  He was feisty,
intuitive, impassioned, inquisitive, emotionally engaged, and of course, he
was brimming with that Irish humor.  He was a gentleman always, and a friend
to each and every artist on stage or back stage regardless of their age or
experience.

His talent far exceeded his pride.  I have fond remembrances of Jim racing
around our Coventry stage as a pirate as well as various animal and
inanimate objects during our Marilyn Bianchi Kids' Playwriting Festival.

Jim was generous with his time.  He performed on many area stages.  You may
have worked with him at the Working Theatre, Porthouse Theatre, Rabbit Run,
Cain Park, Ensemble Theatre, Halle Theatre, Carousel Theatre, Magical
Theatre or Dobama Theatre.  You would remember him!

Jim was born in New York.  He was a World War II vet.  He earned an MFA in
Drama from Carnegie Tech.  After moving to Cleveland he was a camera man for
Ch 5.  They instantly became aware of his talent giving him his own
children's show, the Red Reilly Show.

Jim's daughter, Megan Reilly-Cruz, lives at 18899 Timberlane, Fairview Park,
44126 if you feel inclined to share any memories with her.

Jim will be buried in New York with his family.  There are plans to have a
memorial service sometime around Jim's birthday in mid January.

Peace,

Joyce Casey