[NEohioPAL]Newly Forming Musical Group Needs Bass Player & Drummer

Christine Winsberg deekdiva at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 11 08:23:26 PST 2005

--0-1631559068-1134318206=:21905

We are a newly forming musical group of 2 female singers (one can play keyboards, one plays flute), 2 male acoustic guitarists (one who sings and can play keyboards) and a male cellist. The music is meant to be largely acoustic, haunting, beautiful melodies/words. Many songs will include harmony. We are open to unusual use of instrumentation to create a haunting, unique effect.

  We are looking for a drummer and bass player (upright bass is preferred but electric could work also). Ability to sing/harmonize would be a plus. Drummer would be the quieter type! This is NOT meant to be a loud rock group.

  Our musical tastes (so far) are as follows:

  Sarah McLachlan (Adia, I Love You, Push, Answer, others); Eva Cassidy (Fields of Gold-her version of the Sting song, Autumn Leaves, others); Karla Bonoff (not sure which yet); Eric Clapton (My Father's Eyes, Tears in Heaven); Norah Jones; Natalie Merchant (her version of Bowie's Space Oddity); Jennifer Warnes/Leonard Cohen (Song of Bernadette, others). We may try some Diana Krall. We are open to other artists and tunes.

  The music will cross-over from folk, to ballads, to slower rock, to blues/jazz, and hopefully some original tunes eventually.

  This will be a "part-time" group ----- we all have other jobs, commitments, but a HUGE love of good music and the "need" to perform.

  If you are a BASSIST or DRUMMER, please call or reply to this email and we will get back to you.

  Chris

--0-1631559068-1134318206=:21905

<DIV id=RTEContent>We are a newly forming musical group of 2 female singers (one can play keyboards, one plays flute), 2 male acoustic guitarists (one who sings and can play keyboards) and a male cellist. The music is meant to be largely acoustic, haunting, beautiful melodies/words. Many songs will include harmony. We are open to unusual use of instrumentation to create a haunting, unique effect.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV><STRONG>We are looking for a <U>drummer</U> and <U>bass player</U> (upright bass is preferred but electric could work also).</STRONG> Ability to sing/harmonize would be a plus. Drummer would be the quieter type! This is NOT meant to be a loud rock group.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>Our musical tastes (so far) are as follows:</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV><U>Sarah McLachlan</U> (Adia, I Love You, Push, Answer, others); <U>Eva Cassidy</U> (Fields of Gold-her version of the Sting song, Autumn Leaves, others); <U>Karla Bonoff</U> (not sure which yet); <U>Eric
 Clapton</U> (My Father's Eyes, Tears in Heaven); <U>Norah Jones</U>; <U>Natalie Merchant</U> (her version of Bowie's Space Oddity); <U>Jennifer Warnes/Leonard Cohen</U> (Song of Bernadette, others). We may try some Diana Krall. We are open to other artists and tunes.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>The music will cross-over from folk, to ballads, to slower rock, to blues/jazz, and hopefully some original tunes eventually.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>This will be a "part-time" group ----- we all have other jobs, commitments, but a HUGE love of good music and the "need" to perform. </DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>If you are a BASSIST or DRUMMER, please call or reply to this email and we will get back to you. </DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>Chris</DIV>
--0-1631559068-1134318206=:21905--