[NEohioPAL]NEWFANGLED NEWS - December 2005

Newfangled Productions newfangled02 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 14:59:28 PST 2005

December 2005

Contents:
1. Message from the Artistic Director
2. LAST MONTH – Newfangled Leaf Tour 2005
3. COMING UP – Dear Steve
4. Newfangled looking for new proposals
5. Newfangled looking for young playwrights
6. Newfangled community
7. Contact info

1. Message from the Artistic Director

Hello!

Oliver here. This edition of Newfangled News is coming
a little late this month – but I trust you will agree
with me that it has been worth the wait. The Steve
Lynch book of letters is published and ready for
anyone who wants one. More information on the book
will be found below in the main body of this
newsletter. Thank you to the over 150 people who
submitted letters.

Yours,
Oliver Corrigan
Artistic Director

P.S. It’s a girl!

P.P.S. No, we don’t rake snow.

2. LAST MONTH – Newfangled Leaf Tour 2005

Well, we are sad to report that the Newfangled Leaf
Tour has come to an end for this year. No more early
mornings. No more facing the elements like warriors of
yore. No more naming each rake based upon its
individual personality. These really are the best days
of our lives, aren’t they?

This year’s tour was a bigger success than ever. Thank
you to everyone who helped out and all those who
entrusted their lawns to us. It’s a fundraiser that
helps support many of our programs and it helps keep
our board of trustees off the streets.

3. THIS MONTH – Dear Steve

It’s finally here.

“Dear Steve” has been published.

Contained within the book you will find over 150
letters to Peace Corps volunteer Steve Lynch. Some are
from his family, some are from his friends, some are
from strangers. Some are from retired people in
Florida, some are from elementary school kids in
Akron. But all of them are from people who have been
touched and moved by Steve’s story.

Newfangled Productions is not profiting from the sale
of this book in anyway, but there is a printing cost
of $8.50 for each book.

Follow this link to order:

http://www.lulu.com/content/206338

IMPORTANT NOTE: We had hoped to have the book
available earlier in the month, but we had a few
problems that we were happy to have. We received so
many letters from so many kind people that the book
took much longer to put together than we expected.
Keep in mind therefore, that Steve himself still has
not received the book. Turkmenistan is quite a long
bike-ride from here, so he probably won’t receive his
copy for a month at the very least. In other words, if
you order a copy of the book you will get your copy a
significant amount of time before Steve will. If you
know Steve, still try to remember that this is a
surprise gift for him and keep your lips sealed for
just a little while longer. We will send you an email
when Steve has received his copy.

P.S. To read about Steve’s experiences in his own
words please read http://goodprovider.diaryland.com.

P.P.S. To learn more about the Peace Corps read
http://www.peacecorps.gov.

P.P.P.S. To learn more about Turkmenistan start with
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkmenistan.

4. Newfangled looking for new proposals

We are very excited about the projects we have lined
up for this year, but we are still looking for new
proposals. Interested in directing a play, playing a
concert, dancing, painting, poetry, anything? The
sky’s the limit. Please contact Artistic Director
Oliver Corrigan at 330-620-9686.

5. Newfangled looking for young playwrights

For the past two years Newfangled Productions has
produced workshop performances of the plays of young
people through our “Under Construction” program [Bums:
A Musical (2004) and Don’t Step on my Anthill & Old
George (2005)]. Are you or someone you know a
playwright under 21 years old? Please contact Artistic
Director Oliver Corrigan at 330-620-9686 and your play
could be the one chosen this year.

6. Newfangled community

* It’s a girl! Jamie and Justin Hale have a new baby.
Ritter Hale entered the world on November 18th. Feel
free to send any well-wishes to our email address:
newfangled02 at yahoo.com

7. Contact info

Newfangled Productions
535 E Cuyahoga Falls Ave #3