[NEohioPAL](no subject)

bangandclatter at netzero.net bangandclatter at netzero.net
Wed Dec 28 05:44:42 PST 2005

----__JWM__J2441.7328S.75acM

NEWS RELEASE
Contact: Sean Derry =96 (330) 606-5317
Bang & the Clatter Ticket Office (330) 606-5317
Bang and the Clatter Theatre Company
Presents
Patrick Marber's =

CLOSER
(December 27, 2005, Akron, Ohio...For Immediate Release) The Bang and th=
e Clatter Theatre Company, Akron=92s newest professional theatre, will p=
resent the first production of their 2006 season with the opening of Pat=
rick Marber's CLOSER =96 January 19 =96 February 19, 2006 at Summit ArtS=
pace in downtown Akron. =

 =

Recommended for mature audiences, The Bang and the Clatter Theatre Compa=
ny will be presenting this wickedly, dark comedy on Thursdays =96 Sunday=
s at 8 p.m. with matinee only performances on Sunday, February 5 & 19 at=
 3p.m. Tickets are $15.00 for all seats in the 156 seat, imitate perform=
ance space. Students and seniors are "Pay as You Can " for every perform=
ance. Season Passes and gift certificates are available. CLOSER is direc=
ted by Sean McConaha and features performances by Celeste Cosentino, Sea=
n Derry, Mark Mayo and Alicia Rodis. There will be a special opening nig=
ht performance and grand reception following the show on Friday, January=
 20. Call 330-606-5317 for reservations and directions or visit our web =
site (bnctheatre.com) for more details.
Winner of the 1998 Olivier Award for Best Play and the 1999 New York Dra=
ma Critics Circle Award for Best Foreign Play. =

"CLOSER is a sad, savvy, often funny play that casts a steely, unblinkin=
g gaze at the world of relationships and lets you come to your own concl=
usions=85CLOSER does not merely hold your attention; it burrows into you=
." =97NY Magazine. =

"=85a brilliant and bracingly adult new play from London=85bruising and =
beautiful, shatteringly funny and devastatingly sad. The play's dialogue=
 has a raw emotionality rarely heard in art or life. It cuts like broken=
 glass=85full of bitter, intelligent, unvarnished truth. =97Variety.
"A powerful, darkly funny play about the cosmic collision between the su=
n of love and the comet of desire." =97Newsweek Magazine.
"In its cutting contemporary picture of sexual desire and emotional fail=
ure, CLOSER is a brilliantly unusual virtual reality that rings true. Th=
e best new play on Broadway." =97NY Observer
 =

CLOSER examines four lives intertwining over the course of four and a ha=
lf years in this densely plotted, stinging look at modern love and betra=
yal. Dan, an obituary writer, meets Alice, a stripper, after an accident=
 in the street. Eighteen months later, they are a couple, and Dan has wr=
itten a novel inspired by Alice. While posing for his book jacket cover,=
 Dan meets Anna, a photographer. He pursues her but she rejects his adva=
nces despite their mutual attraction. Larry, a dermatologist, "meets" Da=
n in an internet chat room. Dan, obsessing over Anna, pretends to be her=
 and has cybersex with Larry. They arrange to meet the next day at an aq=
uarium. Larry arrives and so too, coincidentally, does the real Anna. Th=
is sets up a series of pass-the-lover scenes in which this quartet strug=
gle to find intimacy but can't seem to get closer.
Sean Derry and Sean McConaha established the Bang and the Clatter Theatr=
e Company to produce innovative, challenging works, of exceptional quali=
ty and imagination with a particular emphasis on modern plays. The aim i=
s to create a provocative dialogue between theatre artists and the commu=
nity by producing and promoting plays that explore the boundaries of the=
atrical style and illuminate the human experience. =

With these ideas in mind we present the 2006 Inagural Season. All produc=
tions are Northeast Ohio premiere's except for CLOSER, which is an Akron=
 premiere..
Patrick Marber's CLOSER - January 19 - February 19.
Adam Rapp's two-person play Blackbird will run March 11-April 15
It's the Christmas Eve love story of a drug-addicted Gulf War vet in his=
 and a 19-year-old former stripper who's dying of hepatitis.
Eric Bogosian's farce, Griller - June 8 to July 9. =

Set in a New Jersey back yard, where a barbecue turns sinister and deadl=
y.
John Patrick Shanley's , Beggars in the House of Plenty - July 27-August=
 20. =

A memory play of an Irish immigrant family living in Brooklyn. Shanley w=
on the 2005 Pulitzer Prize for Drama for Doubt. =

David Mamet's Romance - August 21-October 1 (Ohio Premiere)
The courtroom comedy just had its world premiere off-Broadway last March=
.
Frozen, by female playwright Bryony Lavery - Oct. 12-Nov. 12. =

The story of a serial killer that flashes back and forth 20 years.
Paula Vogel's The Long Christmas Ride Home -- a puppet play with actors =
-- will round out the 2006 season Nov. 30-Dec. 23.
Subscriptions are available by calling 330-606-5317. One season's pass c=
osts $90; two cost $165.
The Bang and the Clatter also will offer a pay-as-you-can rate for every=
 show for students and senior citizens.
                                                   "It=92s just the bang=
 and the clatter =

as the angel hits the ground"-
STAY (Faraway, So Close)-U2

----__JWM__J2441.7328S.75acM

<P align=3Dcenter></P></FONT><B><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D6>=

<P>NEWS RELEASE</P></FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>
<P>Contact: Sean Derry =96 (330) 606-5317</P></FONT><FONT face=3D"Times =
New Roman">
<P>Bang & the Clatter Ticket Office (330) 606-5317</P></B></FONT><B>=
<I><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D4>
<P align=3Dcenter>Bang and the Clatter Theatre Company</P></B></I>
<P align=3Dcenter>Presents</P></FONT><B><I><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman=
">
<P align=3Dcenter>Patrick Marber's </P></B></FONT><FONT face=3D"Times Ne=
w Roman" size=3D5>
<P align=3Dcenter>CLOSER</P></I></FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" si=
ze=3D2>
<P>(</FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"><FONT size=3D3>December 27, 20=
05, Akron, Ohio...For Immediate Release) <B>The Bang and the Clatter The=
atre Company</B><I>, Akron=92s newest professional theatre</I>,<I> </I>w=
ill present the first production of their 2006 season with the opening o=
f Patrick Marber's CLOSER <B>=96 </B>January 19 =96 February 19, 2006 at=
 Summit ArtSpace in downtown Akron. </FONT></P>
<P> </P>
<P>Recommended for mature audiences, <B>The Bang and the Clatter Theatre=
 Company</B> will be presenting this wickedly, dark comedy on Thursdays =
=96 Sundays at 8 p.m. with matinee only performances on Sunday, February=
 5 & 19 at 3p.m. Tickets are $15.00 for all seats in the 156 seat, i=
mitate performance space. Students and seniors are "Pay as You Can " for=
 every performance. Season Passes and gift certificates are available. C=
LOSER is directed by Sean McConaha and features performances by Celeste =
Cosentino, Sean Derry, Mark Mayo and Alicia Rodis. There will be a speci=
al opening night performance and grand reception following the show on F=
riday, January 20. Call 330-606-5317 for reservations and directions or =
visit our web site (<B>bnctheatre.com)</B> for more details.</P></FONT><=
FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter>Winner of the 1998 Olivier Award for Best Play and the=
 1999 New York Drama Critics Circle Award for Best Foreign Play. </P>
<P align=3Dcenter>"CLOSER is a sad, savvy, often funny play that casts a=
 steely, unblinking gaze at the world of relationships and lets you come=
 to your own conclusions=85CLOSER does not merely hold your attention; i=
t burrows into you." =97NY Magazine. </P>
<P align=3Dcenter>"=85a brilliant and bracingly adult new play from Lond=
on=85bruising and beautiful, shatteringly funny and devastatingly sad. T=
he play's dialogue has a raw emotionality rarely heard in art or life. I=
t cuts like broken glass=85full of bitter, intelligent, unvarnished trut=
h. =97Variety.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>"A powerful, darkly funny play about the cosmic collis=
ion between the sun of love and the comet of desire." =97Newsweek Magazi=
ne.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>"In its cutting contemporary picture of sexual desire =
and emotional failure, CLOSER is a brilliantly unusual virtual reality t=
hat rings true. The best new play on Broadway." =97NY Observer</P></FONT=
><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">
<P> </P>
<P>CLOSER examines four lives intertwining over the course of four and a=
 half years in this densely plotted, stinging look at modern love and be=
trayal. Dan, an obituary writer, meets Alice, a stripper, after an accid=
ent in the street. Eighteen months later, they are a couple, and Dan has=
 written a novel inspired by Alice. While posing for his book jacket cov=
er, Dan meets Anna, a photographer. He pursues her but she rejects his a=
dvances despite their mutual attraction. Larry, a dermatologist, "meets"=
 Dan in an internet chat room. Dan, obsessing over Anna, pretends to be =
her and has cybersex with Larry. They arrange to meet the next day at an=
 aquarium. Larry arrives and so too, coincidentally, does the real Anna.=
 This sets up a series of pass-the-lover scenes in which this quartet st=
ruggle to find intimacy but can't seem to get closer.</P>
<P>Sean Derry and Sean McConaha established the <B>Bang and the Clatter =
Theatre Company</B> to produce innovative, challenging works, of excepti=
onal quality and imagination with a particular emphasis on modern plays.=
 The aim is to create a provocative dialogue between theatre artists and=
 the community by producing and promoting plays that explore the boundar=
ies of theatrical style and illuminate the human experience. </P>
<P>With these ideas in mind we present the 2006 Inagural Season. All pro=
ductions are Northeast Ohio premiere's except for CLOSER, which is an Ak=
ron premiere..</P>
<P>Patrick Marber's CLOSER - January 19 - February 19.</P></FONT><FONT f=
ace=3D"Times New Roman">
<P>Adam Rapp's two-person play <I>Blackbird </I>will run March 11-April =
15</P>
<P>It's the Christmas Eve love story of a drug-addicted Gulf War vet in =
his and a 19-year-old former stripper who's dying of hepatitis.</P>
<P>Eric Bogosian's farce, <I>Griller -</I> June 8 to July 9. </P>
<P>Set in a New Jersey back yard, where a barbecue turns sinister and de=
adly.</P>
<P>John Patrick Shanley's , <I>Beggars in the House of Plenty -</I> July=
 27-August 20. </P>
<P>A memory play of an Irish immigrant family living in Brooklyn. Shanle=
y won the 2005 Pulitzer Prize for Drama for <I>Doubt. </P></I>
<P>David Mamet's <I>Romance </I>- August 21-October 1 (Ohio Premiere)</P=

<P>The courtroom comedy just had its world premiere off-Broadway last Ma=
rch.</P><I>
<P>Frozen, </I>by female playwright Bryony Lavery - Oct. 12-Nov. 12. </P=

<P>The story of a serial killer that flashes back and forth 20 years.</P=

<P>Paula Vogel's <I>The Long Christmas Ride Home </I>-- a puppet play wi=
th actors -- will round out the 2006 season Nov. 30-Dec. 23.</P>
<P>Subscriptions are available by calling 330-606-5317. One season's pas=
s costs $90; two cost $165.</P>
<P>The Bang and the Clatter also will offer a pay-as-you-can rate for ev=
ery show for students and senior citizens.</P>
<P></FONT><FONT face=3D"Engravers MT" size=3D1>    &=
nbsp;           &=
nbsp;           &=
nbsp;           &=
nbsp;          "It=92s=
 just the bang and the clatter </P>
<P align=3Dcenter>as the angel hits the ground<B>"-</P></B><I>
<P align=3Dcenter>STAY</I> (<I>Faraway, So Close</I>)<B>-U2</P></B></FON=

----__JWM__J2441.7328S.75acM--