[NEohioPAL]Dance Concert at Cleveland Public Theatre

Caudill Deanna DCaudill at lec.edu
Thu Jan 12 18:22:39 PST 2006

=20

Hello and Happy New Year. =20

I am writing to extend you an invitation to attend the premiere of =
Coming Of Age, a dance/theater work in two acts that explores changes =
and transitions in the lives of individuals and in their relationships.  =
Coming Of Age will be presented as part of the Cleveland Public =
Theater's Big [BOX] series, on Friday, January 20th and Saturday,
January 21st at 8:00 p.m., and on Sunday, January 22nd at 3:00 p.m. in
CPT's Levin Theatre, located at 6415 Detroit Avenue.  Ticket prices
are $10 general admission.  You may purchase your tickets in advance by
calling 216 631 2727.  Online advance tickets may be purchased at
www.cptonline.org.

=20

For Act I, titled That's That Then, I've created a dance/theater piece =
in which I speak of and move through nine decades in the life of a =
woman.  I am joined in this journey by my colleague Lynn Deering as a =
Kabuki-inspired partner who shadows me throughout my life and assists me =
through the transitions from decade to decade.  Painfully familiar and =
heartbreakingly funny, That's That Then resonates long after the piece =
has finished. =20

For Act II, titled Life In The Folds, Lynn Deering choreographed a duet =
with long-time collaborator Joe Booth in which they dance with projected =
images created by video artists Tom and Terri Common.  Both live and =
projected duets reflect the ever-shifting relationship between the =
partners.  Life In The Folds is performed to the poetry of French author
Henri Michaux.  If you have not yet heard his poetry, you are in for =
quite
a treat.  It is his black humor and off-centered take on relationships =
that
inspired both the tone and structure of their duet.
=20
      The creation and production of Coming of Age was made possible =
with
the support of The Ohio Arts Council.

      I'm really excited about this work.  I do hope to see you there.  =
Let
me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Chris DiCello dicello at lec.edu

=20

=20

=20