[NEohioPAL]Chapel, Court & Countryside on the radio!

Beverly Simmons beverly.simmons at case.edu
Tue Jan 17 16:34:17 PST 2006

Dear Friends,

I'm excited to tell you about the continuation of WCLV's new radio program called "Chapel, Court &
Countryside"!  The weekly program debuted in October, to feature music from the past 2 decades of the concert
series, "Chapel, Court & Countryside: Early Music at Harkness."  They can be heard on WCLV 104.9 fm.

1) "Medieval Treasures": Wednesday, January 18, 2006, at 11 pm

2) "The High Baroque": Wednesday, January 25, 2006, at 9 pm

3) "The Early Baroque": Wednesday, February 1, 2006, at 9 pm

4) "The Sopranos": Wednesday, February 8, 2006, at 9 pm

This set of radio programs features performances (recorded live, in concert) by many of the leading early music
artists of Europe and North America, including:

Benjamin Bagby and the medieval ensemble Sequentia (from Germany)
Medieval Strings, directed by Margriet Tindemans of Seattle
The Newberry Consort (from Chicago)
Fortune's Wheel (specializing in 15th-century chansons)
Baroque flutist Sandra Miller with harpsichordist James Richman (New York)
The Corelli Ensemble, directed by Dan Laurin (Sweden)
The Bottom Line (viole da gamba, featuring Paolo Pandolfo)
Trio Seraphim from Toronto (Jeanne Lamon, Christina Mahler & Barbara Weiss)
La Luna (baroque violins, cello, harpsichord)
The Verbruggen Ensemble, directed by recorder player Marion Verbruggen
El Mundo (baroque guitar, violin, harpsichord, etc., from San Francisco)
The Early Muses: the CWRU Performance Practice Collective
sopranos Emma Kirkby, Julianne Baird, Ellen Hargis, Christine Brandes, and others
harpist Andrew Lawrence-King
lutenists Paul O'Dette, Anthony Rooley, Ronn McFarlane
and many more!

The radio program celebrates the 20th anniversary of the concert series. I hope you'll enjoy the radio show and
will join us in Harkness Chapel, on the Case Western Reserve University campus (across the street from the
Frank Gehry building) for the remaining concerts this year:

February 11 at 7:30 pm
Soprano Christine Brandes & harpsichordist Peter Bennett present
"The Agony & the Ecstasy -- or -- What I did for Love," featuring Italian baroque arias & cantatas

April 8 at 7:30 pm
Cecilia's Circle (soprano, baroque violin, viola da gamba, harpsichord) presents
"Pious & Profane: The Female Figure in Music 1600-1850," featuring music by & about women

For more information & to order tickets, please visit our website: http://music.case.edu/ccc

And I hope you enjoy the radio show! It's been fun for me to return to WCLV, where I was an announcer many
years ago. I love sharing this music with you!

All the best,
Bev

Beverly Simmons, DMA
Founder/Manager