[NEohioPAL]Sweden emerging artist Bimbo Boy’s latest single Drama Queen to debut its music video on March 4, 2006 in Cleveland

Aryavarta Kumar arya at aryavartakumar.com
Tue Feb 21 19:57:41 PST 2006

/For Immediate Release:/

Contact:
        Sue Gibbons-Lopatka
        The Grid-n-Orbit
216.623.0113
*Sweden emerging artist Bimbo Boy’s latest single Drama Queen to debut
its music video on March 4, 2006 in Cleveland***
/(February 21, 2006, Cleveland, Ohio)/ Drama Queen, a catchy
80’s-inspired dance tune by Sweden artist Bimbo Boy will debut its music
video on Saturday night, March 4^th 2006 in Cleveland at the
Grid-n-Orbit, the premiere nightclub in Downtown Cleveland located at
1437 St. Claire Avenue.

Cleveland’s own award-winning filmmaker Johnny K. Wu directed the Drama
Queen music video. “I first met Dennis Svedberg Hellstrm, a.k.a. Bimbo
Boy, online several years ago while browsing for music. We re-connected
last year, he sent me his latest work in progress, Drama Queen,” said
Wu,“…and I was hooked!”

“One of the challenges,” said Wu, “is to figure how to create a seamless
production with Dennis since he lives in Sweden, while I am here in
Cleveland.” With almost no budget to work from, I asked Dennis to shoot
himself in front of a basic background and later connect him to the
story by putting his images on a video monitor I shot while on
location.” Wu continued. And because Dennis loves pink, Wu decided to
spray paint one of his video monitors pink. “It created an interesting
and unique style for the song.”

Drama Queen is the story of a gay man who would do anything to advance
his career even sleeping with the devil. With that perspective in mind,
the hunt for a good-looking actor commenced.

As Wu was looking for a “European” flare for the music video, Johnny
decided to ask actor/director Anthony Spadaccini of Delaware if he would
be interested in this role. “I ran into Anthony here in Cleveland last
August at a film festival and I was struck by his interesting character.
And he just had that look.” Anthony agreed to play the role as “the
drama queen”.

Wu then secured a location for his end of the shoot at The Grid-n-Orbit
and they agreed to help produce it.  The Grid-n-Orbit is Cleveland’s
premiere nightclub and was the host for the award winning short film A
Joker’s Card with a standing room only crowd. “We are delighted to help
Johnny with his music video,” Said Sue Gibbons-Lopatka, manager. “Not
only we are here to provide an entertainment establishment for our
patrons, we are also here to help our community and to grow together.”
She emphasizes.

“The Grid-n-Orbit has an European unique look that would help enhance my
vision and making it a reality.” Wu said. “Anyone who yet to been to the
club should check it out, the music is great, the people are friendly
and above all, you will feel welcomed.”

At the same time, Wu approached long-time Grid-n-Orbit bartender, Kenn
(Uncle Kenny) Szorka who had previously allowed Wu to shoot at his home
for “A Joker’s Card” as well. He also enlisted Kyle Znamenak, who played
Jonathan Napier in “A Joker’s Card” to participate. “Johnny told me I’d
play the ‘rejected’ gay boy. I said sure,” laughed Znamenak.

For added ambience, Johnny asked two of his friends, Michael Littlejohn
and Shamus, to perform on stage as drag queens. They agreed and brought
in a third, Tom Sherba, all of whom had never done drag before. “It was
a fun challenge,” said Christine Chapman, Johnny’s main wardrobe, makeup
and costumer for the music video. “We have to make three men who weren’t
used to being beautiful… and make them beautiful.”

The shoot went on for two and a half days from January 28-29. “It was a
lot of fun and a lot of our friends from as far as Toledo, Columbus, and
Kent came to help out,” said Wu.

The “Drama Queen” music video will premiere on Saturday March 4^th in
Cleveland as The Grid-n-Orbit with a special appearance from Bimbo Boy
himself, all the way from Sweden performing one of his song live.
Currently, Drama Queen is hitting the airwaves in Europe like a storm.
“We hope the music video will be as catchy as the song itself and it
would help promote Dennis’s song,” said the director.

Bimbo Boy is the new gay pop singer from Sweden ready to top the charts
with his pink personality and plastic pop music. His new single "Drama
Queen" is a catchy disco tune with influences from 80's artists such as
Bananarama, Samantha Fox and Madonna.

The Grid-n-Orbit, located at 1467 St. Clair Avenue, is Cleveland’s
Premiere Nightclub that has hosted numerous entertainment events for
over 7 years, a place many attended and calls home for its unique
atmosphere and friendly services. For more information or to rent their
space for your event, visit www.thegrid.com <http://www.thegrid.com>

Many people wonder why Dennis Svedberg Hellstrm chose Bimbo Boy as a
stage name. Dennis says: "Ever since I was little I've looked up to
female artists who use sex in their image and music. Some examples are
Samantha Fox and Kylie Minogue. Because of that they have been called
bimbos by the media and I think that's wrong. Sex isn't dangerous and I
think that the word bimbo instead should be some kind of image you can
use. The problem is that these women haven't been taken seriously
because of this. So that's why I decided to call myself Bimbo Boy to get
some kind of discussion started. And of course it's quite provocative
for a boy to call himself a bimbo since it only seems to apply women.
Bimbo Boy is something different that doesn't follow the stream. People
notice it." www.bimboboy.com <javascript:ol('http://www.bimboboy.com');>

Award winning filmmaker, Johnny Wu has been involved in Cleveland
filmmaking since 1998. He has worked in Hollywood for two years
(2000-2001), working closely with publicists and celebrities while
continuing to create a strong filmmaking community in Northeast Ohio by
building a monthly Independent Filmmaking group called Cleveland
IndieClub, as well as a yahoo user group with co-moderator Bill Johns.
Wu recently completed several short films in addition to the Drama Queen
music video, The Lesson and Going Postal both premiered on February 26,
2006 at the Look At My Shorts Film Festival in Columbus, Ohio. Wu is
currently in pre-production for sci-fi/Anime feature The Rapture slated
for principal photography this Summer 2006. For more information about
Johnny Wu and his filmmaking, visit www.mdifilm.com
<javascript:ol('http://www.mdifilm.com/');>