[NEohioPAL]The College of Wooster Theatre to Present Arthur Miller's All My Sons

Sig38091 at aol.com Sig38091 at aol.com
Thu Feb 23 07:31:31 PST 2006

-------------------------------1140708691

All My Sons, the classic drama by  legendary playwright Arthur Miller, comes
to The College of Wooster's Shoolroy  Theatre (329 E. University St.) Feb.
24-26 and March 2-4. Tickets are $9 for  general admission and $6 for students
and senior citizens. Performances begin at  8:15 p.m., with the exception of the
Feb. 26 matinee, which starts at 3 p.m.

Directed by Shirley Huston-Findley, assistant professor of theatre at The
College of Wooster, All My Sons is a story about money over morals. It  centers
on the life of Joe Keller, a man who, in an attempt to protect his  business,
knowingly ships defective airplane parts from his factory and later  denies
any responsibility. That fateful decision leads to the deaths of more  than 20
pilots and the undoing of his family, which he desperately sought to  protect
and support.

"Despite the fact that the story takes place at the end of World War II, it
is still relevant today," said Huston-Findley. "It calls into question who we
were as Americans back then, who we were becoming, and who we are now."
Veteran actors Richard Figge, professor of German emeritus  as Joe Keller,
and Sara Patton, vice president for development  as Kate Keller, headline a cast
of 10, including sophomore Alex Gauvin as Chris  Keller and junior Kieran
Welsh-Phillips as Ann Deever. They are joined by  first-year student Noah Lyons
as George Deever, junior Patrick Midgley as Dr.  Jim Bayliss, sophomore Rachel
Feola as Sue Bayliss, first-year student Nicholas  Weiss as Frank Lubey, and
first-year student Tess Burgler as Lydia Lubey.  Rounding out the cast is
Thomas FitzGibbon, a sixth grade at St. Mary's, who  plays the role of Bert. In
addition, senior Merritt Smith will be overseeing the  scenic design as part of
his Senior Independent Study project.

-------------------------------1140708691

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV><!--StartFragment --> <EM>All My Sons</EM>, the classic drama by=20
legendary playwright Arthur Miller, comes to The College of Wooster's Shoolr=
oy=20
Theatre (329 E. University St.) Feb. 24-26 and March 2-4. Tickets are $9 for=
=20
general admission and $6 for students and senior citizens. Performances begi=
n at=20
8:15 p.m., with the exception of the Feb. 26 matinee, which starts at 3 p.m.=
=20
</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Directed by Shirley Huston-Findley, assistant professor of theatre at T=
he=20
College of Wooster, <EM>All My Sons</EM> is a story about money over morals.=
 It=20
centers on the life of Joe Keller, a man who, in an attempt to protect his=20
business, knowingly ships defective airplane parts from his factory and late=
r=20
denies any responsibility. That fateful decision leads to the deaths of more=
=20
than 20 pilots and the undoing of his family, which he desperately sought to=
=20
protect and support. </DIV>
<DIV>
<P>"Despite the fact that the story takes place at the end of World War II,=20=
it=20
is still relevant today," said Huston-Findley. "It calls into question who w=
e=20
were as Americans back then, who we were becoming, and who we are now." </P>
<P>Veteran actors <STRONG>Richard Figge</STRONG>, professor of German emerit=
us=20
as Joe Keller, and <STRONG>Sara Patton</STRONG>, vice president for developm=
ent=20
as Kate Keller, headline a cast of 10, including sophomore Alex Gauvin as Ch=
ris=20
Keller and junior Kieran Welsh-Phillips as Ann Deever. They are joined by=20
first-year student Noah Lyons as George Deever, junior Patrick Midgley as Dr=
.=20
Jim Bayliss, sophomore Rachel Feola as Sue Bayliss, first-year student Nicho=
las=20
Weiss as Frank Lubey, and first-year student Tess Burgler as Lydia Lubey.=20
Rounding out the cast is Thomas FitzGibbon, a sixth grade at St. Mary's, who=
=20
plays the role of Bert. In addition, senior Merritt Smith will be overseeing=
 the=20
scenic design as part of his Senior Independent Study project.=20
</P></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>