[NEohioPAL]Emerging European artist Bimbo Boy’s latest single Drama Queen music video debut on March 4, 2006 in Cleveland

Aryavarta Kumar arya at aryavartakumar.com
Tue Feb 28 07:03:36 PST 2006

For Immediate Release:

Contact:
Sue Gibbons-Lopatka
The Grid-n-Orbit
216.623.0113

*Emerging European artist Bimbo Boy’s latest single Drama Queen music
video debut on March 4, 2006 in Cleveland*

(February 26, 2006, Cleveland, Ohio) Drama Queen, a catchy 80’s-inspired
dance tune by Swedish artist Bimbo Boy will debut its music video on
Saturday night, March 4th 2006 after 11pm in Cleveland at the
Grid-n-Orbit, the premiere nightclub in Downtown Cleveland located at
1437 St. Claire Avenue

Cleveland’s own awards-winning filmmaker Johnny K. Wu directed the Drama
Queen music video. “I met Dennis Svedberg Hellstrm, a.k.a. Bimbo Boy,
online several years ago while browsing for music. When we re-connected
last year, he sent me his latest work in progress, Drama Queen,” said
Wu,“…and I was hooked!”

“One of the challenges,” said Wu, “was to figure how to create a
seamless production with Dennis, since he lives in Sweden, while I am
here in Cleveland.” With almost no budget to work with, I asked Dennis
to shoot footage of himself in front of a basic background. Later, I
connected him to the story by putting his images on a video monitor I
shot while on location,” Wu continued. And because Dennis loves pink, Wu
decided to spray paint one of his video monitors pink. “It created an
interesting and unique style for the song.”

Drama Queen is the story of a gay man who would do anything to advance
his career even sleeping with the devil. With that perspective in mind,
the hunt for an exceptionally good-looking actor commenced. Looking for
a “European” flare, he asked actor/director Anthony Spadaccini of
Delaware to take on the role. “I ran into Anthony here in Cleveland last
August at a film festival and I was struck by his interesting character.
And he just had that look.” Anthony agreed to play “the drama queen”.

Wu then secured a location for his end of the shoot at The Grid-n-Orbit,
which also agreed to help produce the video.  The Grid-n-Orbit is
Cleveland’s premiere nightclub and was the host for World Premiere of
the awards winning short film A Joker’s Card. “We are delighted to help
Johnny with his music video,” Said Sue Gibbons-Lopatka, manager. She
emphasizes “Not only we are here to provide an entertainment
establishment for our patrons; we are also here to help our community
and to grow together.”

“The Grid-n-Orbit has a unique European look that would help enhance my
vision and make it a reality,” Wu said. “Anyone who has yet to go to
this club should check it out. The music is great, the people are
friendly and above all, you will feel welcomed.”

He also enlisted Kyle Znamenak, who played Jonathan Napier in “A Joker’s
Card” to participate. “Johnny told me I’d play the ‘rejected’ gay boy. I
said sure,” laughed Znamenak. In addition, he asked his friends Michael
Littlejohn and Shamus, to perform on stage as drag queens. They brought
in a third, Tom Sherba. None of the trio had ever done drag before. “It
was a fun challenge,” said Christine Chapman, Johnny’s main wardrobe,
makeup and costumer for the music video. “We had to take three men who
weren’t used to being beautiful… and make them beautiful.”

The shoot went on for two and a half days from January 28-29 shooting at
the Grid-n-Orbit ant a beautiful loft space owned by Kenny Szorka. “It
was a lot of fun and a lot of our friends from as far as Toledo,
Columbus, and Kent came to help out,” said Wu.

The Drama Queen music video will premiere on Saturday March 4th after
11pm in Cleveland at The Grid-n-Orbit with a special appearance from
Bimbo Boy himself, all the way from Sweden performing one of his song
live. Currently, Drama Queen is hitting the airwaves in Europe like a
storm. “We hope the music video will be as catchy as the song itself and
it would help promote Dennis’s song,” said the director.

Bimbo Boy is the new gay pop singer from Sweden ready to top the charts
with his pink personality and plastic pop music. His new single Drama
Queen is a catchy disco tune with influences from 80's artists such as
Bananarama, Samantha Fox and Madonna.  For more information about Bimbo
Boy, visit www.bimboboy.com <http://www.bimboboy.com>

The Grid-n-Orbit, located at 1467 St. Clair Avenue, is Cleveland’s
Premiere Nightclub that has hosted numerous entertainment events for
over 7 years, a place many attended and calls home for its unique
atmosphere and friendly services. For more information or to rent their
space for your event, visit www.thegrid.com <http://www.thegrid.com>.
Regular cover charge may apply after 10:30 pm.

Award winning filmmaker, Johnny K. Wu has been involved in Cleveland
filmmaking since 1998. He has worked in Hollywood for two years, working
closely with publicists and celebrities while continuing to create a
strong filmmaking community in Northeast Ohio by building a monthly
Independent Filmmaking group called Cleveland IndieClub, as well as a
yahoo user group with co-moderator Bill Johns. Wu is currently in
pre-production for sci-fi/Anime feature The Rapture slated for principal
photography this summer 2006. For more information about Johnny K. Wu
and his filmmaking, visit www.mdifilm.com
<javascript:ol('http://www.mdifilm.com/');>