[NEohioPAL]CPT's Gordon Square murals update

Muralmaster john at muralmaster.org
Wed Mar 1 16:57:00 PST 2006

CPT?s Gordon Square Theatre Murals update

Because of my website ?Muralmaster, every month I receive several dozen
letters from all over the world (written in English, Spanish or French) from
art lovers, artists, writers, students and indie-filmmakers.

But a great number of letters from the Cleveland area, not counting those sent
by my students from both Tri-C Eastern and Western campus, are from people
inquiring about my progress with the murals at CPT?s Gordon Square Theatre on
6405 Detroit Avenue in Cleveland.

In an effort to answer most of the questions, I have decided to make this public
posting.  Well, this is the state of things: the ceiling mural is finished, the
surround wall murals ?and the entire project, may never become a reality.

For pictures and the entire story of this important project please visit
www.muralmaster.org.  Click the icon for ?current work? on the homepage,
and follow with the link ?the Gordon Square Theatre Murals?.

My disappointment with the status of the project is great, but I know this is
simply a result of the dire economic condition that many of Cleveland?s fine
arts institutions are facing.  One can only hope for the best but the reality
for most artists like me is simply to move on.

John Rivera-Resto

?An art can only be learned in the workshops of those earning their bread by
it.?  -Samuel Butlet

Please feel free to write me with your comment and other inquiries at:
john at muralmaster.org