[NEohioPAL]Ashtabula Arts Center Summer Auditions

Joshua Theilan joshuatheilan at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 4 10:40:28 PST 2006

Summer Theater Auditions at the Ashtabula Arts Center, 2928 W. 13th St,
Ashtabula, Ohio

March 11, 12, 18, and 19

Seussical opens June 9 in Straw Hat
Romeo and Juliet opens June 29 in Straw Hat
Urinetown opens July 7 on the Main Stage
Streakin' opens July 27 in Straw Hat
CAMELOT opens Aug. 4 in Straw Hat

There are about 100 roles available this summer, including many non-singing
parts.  We are trying something new -- Shakespeare in the summer, Romeo &
Juliet directed by Josh Theilan.  Again, this year, we'll be moving one show
onto the main stage, URINETOWN!  The remaining productions will be staged in
our outdoor Straw Hat Theatre.  Hope to see you at auditions!

AUDITION INFORMATION
Auditions each Saturday are by appointment, beginning at 1 p.m. - through 4
p.m. Call 440-964-3396 to schedule your appointment.

Audition sessions each Sunday are Cattle Calls. Session begins at 1 p.m. -
through 5 p.m. You may arrive anytime, but I suggest being here no later
than 4:15.

Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment to fill out
paperwork, or you may download an audition form at www.artcenternews.com.
Fill it out and bring it with you to save time.

Warmup rooms in the back music wing are first-come, first-serve. All persons
must participate in a dance / movement session, which will take place
immediately following your vocal audition. Wear comfortable clothing and
shoes.

For your audition, please prepare a song in the style of the shows you are
auditioning for. You may sing two short songs. Bring sheet music in the key
you will be singing. An accompanist will be provided. If you have never
auditioned for a production at the Ashtabula Arts Center it is suggested you
prepare a 45-60 second monologue / reading. Those who have auditioned may
also prepare a monologue, but it is not necessary.  There also will be sides
from the productions for you to read, if necessary.  For Romeo and Juliet,
feel free to have something prepared from the show to audition with or there
will be sides for you to read.

Please bring your conflict dates with you -- as you know them at the time of
your audition.  Be specific.  College students make sure you know when you
will be home and when you will be returning to school.

Thanks and hope to see you at auditions!

Ashtabula Arts Center
440.964.3396