[NEOPAL]Auditions ~ Bathroom Humor

Patrick Ciamacco PCiamacco at psas.org
Thu Mar 23 06:49:24 PST 2006

AUDITIONS

BATHROOM HUMOR
by William Van Zandt & Jane Milmore=20

7:30 pm
Wednesday March 29th & Thursday March 30th=20
Rehearsals begin May 8th and will be Monday thru Thursday
Show Runs June 9th, 10th, 11th, 16th & 17th

Van Zandt and Milmore have done it again! This hilarious new farce from =
the authors of Love, Sex and the I.R.S., Suitehearts and Having a =
Wonderful Time, Wish You Were Her among other plays have certainly come =
up with a novel setting: the play takes place in the bathroom in a home =
during a party, a handy place for gossip and hanky panky, where we learn =
of the wild and crazy things going on at the party. The authors have =
ingeniously contrived this play so that we feel that, if we had gone to =
this party we, too, might have spent most of our time hiding out in the =
bathroom! Reviewers said: "slick, sophisticated and thoroughly funny... =
throws jokes at the audience one after another... zany, action packed =
fun... wild and outrageous."

** The age range for each character is very flexible (18-50). These are =
normal people at a work related party. The only character that needs to =
be of a certain age is "The Old Man" for obvious reasons. Below is a =
brief character description for each.

Women

Laura: Is having an affair with Sandy who works for her husband Arthur. =
Seemingly unhappy in her marriage.

Peg: Slightly overweight and unhappy with herself until she finds "The =
King." A good soul.

Babette: A nymphomaniac who is determined to sleep with her boss =
(Arthur) who also happens to be her best friend Laura's Husband.

Men

Arthur: Eccentric and Nerdy owner of the company. Even though he is =
married to Laura, he is soon tempted by Babette and her Guacamole.

Stu: Homer Simpson meets Cheech and Chong. This character drinks, eats, =
and snorts anything that might improve the party or his state of =
consciousness.

Sandy: Wants to walk away from the party with a raise, while still =
keeping the secret that he is sleeping with his boss's wife. Unlucky and =
lacks self confidence.

The Big El: The Elvis impersonator hired to perform at the party. =
Ashamed of the way some people treat him at the party until he connects =
with Peg and takes her back to Graceland!

Old Man: (40-80) Does not know anyone at the party except for Peg. Wants =
nothing more than to just use the bathroom, but due to other =
circumstances is always interrupted.

**Director's Note**

This entire show takes place in a bathroom. The actors must show truth, =
have a great sense of comic timing as well as physical comedy.

The Royalton Players will hold auditions at

Edwin S Griffith's Masonic Lodge (across from Arby's)
6320 Royalton Road, North Royalton
If you have any questions please call 216-702-1973

Sincerely,=20
Patrick Ciamacco=20