[NEOPAL]Fear of possible dissolving of theatre in the U.S.

Ken Milota kmilota66 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 11:54:23 PDT 2006

--0-946318511-1144349663=:90671

I am an active performing in community theatre in this area and I don't know if this is just me or if somone else has been seeing signs of this also.

  I have noticed ever since I started performing 5 1/2 years ago, each year there seems to be less people interested in theatre around here.  With all the new forms of entertainment that exist today, it seems as theatre has been pushed aside, and is made to be a game people play when they can't think of anything else to do.

  Throughout the performances I have been in, I have noticed that well over 65% of the audience are senior citizens, and I believe that they are enjoying the kind of entertainment they had when they were young, and it is rare you see teenager attending musicals unless they have a friend appearing in one.

  I have also noticed the disappearing of men in shows.  The past 3 shows that I have been in we had to go out of our way and ask men to perform, and even get some to do it when they didn't really even want to, and some who couldn't sing and just mimed it.

  I am wondering how much further this pattern will go, and will musical theatre still be around once the elderly that attend musicals and plays today around around many years from now, who will be viewing the shows?  Who will be performing in the shows?

  As technology increases, theatre seems to dissolve.  It seems as if people have too much now days to entertain themselves that they see no need or desire to see a live show.

  I hope this is just me and somone else has a more positive opinion on the future of live theatre.  I would like to hear your theory because I hate mine.

  Thanks,

  Ken Milota
  Coldwell Banker Hunter Realty
  KM Videos
  440-781-1401

--0-946318511-1144349663=:90671

		<hr size=1>How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com"> PC-to-Phone call rates.
--0-946318511-1144349663=:90671--