[NEOPAL]Dissolving? The Next Generation isComing

Anthony Weishar a_weishar at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 04:58:30 PDT 2006

--0-1384291916-1144411110=:15788

This will hopefully shed some light a very positive outlook in one  community. Last year Fairview High had a major accomplishment. Two of  their actors were accepted in NYU's CAP21 program. Both are doing well  in their first year. They are part of a growing movement by our youth  who have reached electronic and media overload. The live performance is  a rush for them. The tech nuts love getting into the sound, lighting,  and production. (For fun they create their own skits and performances  on video, in a "Daily Show" style that satirizes network television and  movies.) This is coed movement that has students taking voice, acting  and dancing in addition to their regular schedules.

  About two years ago, I realized that this was a real growing trend. I was in the garage helping the Tour of Fairview  (turning boring landmarks into points of comedy) crew look for props.  There were three guys in the group who quit football, much to the  dismay of the JV and varsity coaches, to spend more time  in  theater. They would have been starters at linebacker,  guard, and  safety. I just reflected on the irony of pro football players calling  themselves entertainers to justify their salaries. Now the students are  dropping out of football to be real entertainers.  Female athletes  dropped out of basketball and track to work on the spring musical.

  More and more people are bored with the poor quality, high  prices,  and lack of choices mainstream video entertainment  provides. Live theater is bringing the spontanaeity, artistry, and  closeness that they are missing. Cleveland is blessed with fantastic  writing, production, and performance talent and a variety of shows at  all levels.

--0-1384291916-1144411110=:15788

		<hr size=1>Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman2/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com"> PC-to-Phone Calls</a> using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.
--0-1384291916-1144411110=:15788--