[NEOPAL]My two cents on professional theatre

Pamela Lewis pamelajl01 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 22 20:14:08 PDT 2006

--0-821294150-1145762048=:69822

Thank you to all who have written in support of Playhouse Square.  Yes, theatre is a business and the donations given to Playhouse Square make it possible to see high quality productions in Cleveland.  Without the support of the contributing group, we would not have the opportunity to see these productions, I for one am glad for their support.  I am also, in my small way, a contributor.

  I am a member of Playhouse Square Partners (PSP or Partners) and have been for several years.  My membership began as a base contributor at $50 and my contributions have risen as I have been able to give.  For this small fee, anyone can be a member and take advantage of several events at discounted prices.  Warning: this is a professionals organization that supports the arts and many of the people that you come into contact with will be lawyers and accountants.  We are all lovers and supporters of the arts.  This organization makes it possible for many school children to attend productions every year and that is my primary reason to contribute.  Membership also gives you the opportunity to purchase better seats and pre-sale seats for shows.  Yes, membership, starting at $50 per year, gives you the opportunity to purchase these seats.  I don't see the group as elitist at all.

  Please take all into consideration prior to labeling and prior to congratulating those who do.  Without that consideration we become a group that may deserve a variety of labels.

--0-821294150-1145762048=:69822

<DIV>Thank you to all who have written in support of Playhouse Square.  Yes, theatre is a business and the donations given to Playhouse Square make it possible to see high quality productions in Cleveland.  Without the support of the contributing group, we would not have the opportunity to see these productions, I for one am glad for their support.  I am also, in my small way, a contributor.  </DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>I am a member of Playhouse Square Partners (PSP or Partners) and have been for several years.  My membership began as a base contributor at $50 and my contributions have risen as I have been able to give.  For this small fee, anyone can be a member and take advantage of several events at discounted prices.  Warning: this is a professionals organization that supports the arts and many of the people that you come into contact with will be lawyers and accountants.  We are all lovers and supporters of the
 arts.  This organization makes it possible for many school children to attend productions every year and that is my primary reason to contribute.  Membership also gives you the opportunity to purchase better seats and pre-sale seats for shows.  Yes, membership, starting at $50 per year, gives you the opportunity to purchase these seats.  I don't see the group as elitist at all.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>Please take all into consideration prior to labeling and prior to congratulating those who do.  Without that consideration we become a group that may deserve a variety of labels.    </DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>  </DIV>
--0-821294150-1145762048=:69822--