[NEOPAL]DO NOT MISS THIS PRODUCTION!

Jeremy Benjamin jbenjami at lorainccc.edu
Wed Apr 26 18:00:17 PDT 2006

--B_3228930017_846218

It is not often that I feel compelled to self-promote a production, but thi=
show and its author/star is too good to miss!  Read on...

Please join us at LCCC for " ASKING FOR IT!"
=20
Directed by Tony nominee Lynne Taylor-Corbett, =B3Asking for It=B2 is a joyful
kaleidoscope of faith and femininity, repression and redemption, humor and
humility.  Spiced with dance and song, actress/writer Joanna Rush takes her
larger-than-life experience and filters it through the prism of humor.
Portraying a colorful cast of characters ranging from tyrannical nuns and
sexy chorines, to growing boys=8Aof all ages and sexual orientations, she is
hilarious, irreverent and moving. =B3Asking for It=B2 leaves audiences =AD male
and female, of all ages =AD invigorated and inspired!
 =20
Here's what members of last night's preview audience had to say ....
=20
=B3Asking For IT" is a very powerful performance that takes you on a roller
coaster ride of emotions =AD one moment you=B9re laughing, the next you're
crying. It was amazing to see one actress play so many roles so
convincingly."
Steve S.
=20
"The show really tugs at your heart strings. Joanna Rush is fabulous."
Debby J.
=20
"Asking For It" is absolutely riveting ---  exceptionally well-performed an=
well-written. I'm glad I had the opportunity to experience it!  The intimat=
setting of our Studio Theatre made this a very special experience."
Cindy K.
=20
ASKING FOR IT=B2=20
Midwest Premiere at the Stocker Arts Center
April 26 -30, 2006
WRITER/PERFORMER JOANNA RUSH &
TONY-NOMINATED DIRECTOR, LYNNE TAYLOR-CORBETT
=20
Sex, sequins and seminaries...  Was Bernadette O=B9Connell asking for it? Thi=
powerful and poignant one-woman comedy is a coming of age story about a
feisty dancer and former =8COutstanding Catholic Youth of the Year=B9 who takes
on New York City  --- where her convictions about religion bump up against
reality and sexuality.
=20
"Asking For It" is as relevant in 2006 as it is in 1969 --- when young
Bernie (a former "Catholic Girl of the Year" and a sure bet to enter the
convent) puts her religious vocation on hold, skips out on the nuns, and
joins 35 "sisters" at Radio City Music Hall=8Athe =B3Rockettes.=B2 But her sexual
mis-education leaves her wide open and vulnerable to the twisted,
testosterone-filled world of her new life in the Big Apple, and ultimately
transforms her. Amidst her sexual misadventures, Bernadette marries, births
a child, and lands on Broadway. But as time passes, a dancer with bum knees
and a kid must settle for a slew of raunchy roles=8Afrom a pregnant burlesque
queen to star of the filthiest show Off-Broadway. While fearing and
flaunting her sexuality, Bernadette learns its potent affect on patrons and
predators but struggles to embrace it for herself. After witnessing her ful=
circle transformation, you=B9ll laugh at what she really asks for=8Aand maybe
even gets. =20

As directed by Tony nominee Lynne Taylor-Corbett, =B3Asking for It=B2 is a
joyful kaleidoscope of faith and femininity, repression and redemption,
humor and humility.  Spiced with dance and song, Rush takes her
larger-than-life experience and filters it through the prism of humor.  She
portrays a colorful cast of characters ranging from tyrannical nuns and sex=
chorines, to growing boys=8Aof all ages, including her childhood best friend
and adult confidante "Sebastian" --- who transforms himself from New
Jersey's Johnny Iarinno to a gay theatre director with a British accent!
Hilarious, irreverent and moving, Joanna Rush=B9s =B3Asking for It=B2 leaves
audiences =AD male and female, of all ages =AD invigorated and inspired.
=20
Stocker Arts Center performances are Wednesday through Sunday, April 26th
through 30th at 7:30pm, with Saturday and Sunday matinees, April 29th and
30th at 3:00pm.  The audiences are invited to participate in talkbacks,
asking questions and giving feedback following each of the performances, in
preparation for a national tour next year.
___________________________________________________________________________=
_
_
Tickets for =B3ASKING FOR IT=B2 are $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for students an=
Golden Buckeye card holders and are on sale now.  Seating is limited to 125
per performance. On performances days, tickets are available beginning at
6:00pm for evening performances and at 1:30pm for  matinees.  Tickets are
also on sale at the Stocker Arts Center Box Office from 12:00 noon to
6:00p.m. Mondays through Fridays, at 440.366.4040 or 1.800.995.5222 ext.
4040, or online at www.lorainccc.edu/stocker
<blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::http://www.lorainccc.edu/stocker> .

The Studio Theatre is located in the Stocker Arts Center, which is on the
campus of Lorain County Community College, 1005 North Abbe Road, Elyria,
Ohio  44035.  For further information or directions to Stocker, please call
the Box Office or visit the web at www.lorainccc.edu/stocker
<blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::http://www.lorainccc.edu/stocker>  click on
Special Events. =20
 =20
ABOUT JOANNA RUSH AND LYNNE TAYLOR-CORBETT
Joanna Rush is an award-winning writer and actress, who just recently
completed shooting her latest film, =B3Saying Goodbye.=B2  She has done theatre
work all over the world co-starring with such actors as Marisa Tomei and
Charles Durning, and has appeared on such television shows as =B3Archie
Bunker=B9s Place,=B2 =B3Cagney & Lacy=B2 and =B3Falcon Crest.=B2  Her film career
includes =B3On the Cliffs,=B2 (which was the Winner of the Best Short Comedy
2004, Ohio Independent Film Festival), =B3The Night They Raided Minsky=B9s,=B2
directed by William Friedkin, and =B3A Killing Affair=B2 with O.J. Simpson.  In
addition to writing =B3ASKING FOR IT,=B2 she also is the co-author of =B3Irish
Whiskey,=B2 which was the winner of the 1998 Best Feature Film award at the
Temecula Valley International Film Festival, and =B3Mother=B9s Day,=B2 a TV movie=
.
=20
As a director, Lynne Taylor-Corbett has received two Tony nominations and a
Drama Desk nomination for her direction and choreography of Broadway=B9s
=B3Swing!=B2 in 2000, and received two American Theatre Wing =B3Star=B2 nominations
for its National Tour in 2001.  She has also choreographed two hit shows on
Broadway, =B3Chess=B2 and =B3Titanic.=B2  Off Broadway, she directed =B3Mona Rogers i=
Person=B2 at the Cherry Lane Theatre, =B3Boy=B9s Breath=B2 at LaMama, Etc., =B3Darlen=
Love: Portrait of a Singer=B2 at the Bottom Line Theatre, and the acclaimed
=B320th Century Pop=B2 starring Marianne Faithful.  Regionally she has directed
shows at The Cleveland Play House, The Old Globe Theatre, Hartford Stage an=
The George Street Playhouse.  Her dance works have been commissioned by New
York City Ballet, American Ballet Theatre, Alvin Ailey American Dance
Theatre, Pacific Northwest Ballet, Philadanco, and companies throughout the
world.  Her feature films include =B3Footloose,=B2 =B3My Blue Heaven=B2 and
=B3Bewitched.=B2  In the summer of 2005, she mounted a show for Disney in their
new theatre in Hong Kong.

Jeremy K. Benjamin
Production Manager/Technical Director/Designer
Lorain County Community College
1005 N. Abbe Rd.
Elyria,  OH  44035
(440) 366-7120
jbenjami at lorainccc.edu

--B_3228930017_846218

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>DO NOT MISS THIS PRODUCTION!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-siz=
e:18.0px'><B><I>It is not often that I feel compelled to self-promote a prod=
uction, but this show and its author/star is too good to miss!  Read on=
...<BR>
<BR>
Please join us at LCCC for</I></B></SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana,=
 Helvetica, Arial"><B><I><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'> " ASKING FOR I=
T!"
</SPAN></I></B></FONT>
<P ALIGN=3DCENTER>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><FONT=
 COLOR=3D"#FE00FE">=20
</FONT></SPAN></FONT>
<P>
<SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FE"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B>=
<I>Directed by Tony nominee Lynne Taylor-Corbett, “Asking for It&#8221=
; is a joyful kaleidoscope of faith and femininity, repression and redemptio=
n, humor and humility.  Spiced with dance and song, actress/writer Joan=
na Rush takes her larger-than-life experience and filters it through the pri=
sm of humor.  Portraying a colorful cast of characters ranging from tyr=
annical nuns and sexy chorines, to growing boys…of all ages and sexual=
 orientations, she is hilarious, irreverent and moving. “Asking for It=
” leaves audiences – male and female, of all ages – invigo=
rated and inspired!
</I></B></FONT></FONT></SPAN>
<P ALIGN=3DCENTER>
<SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><B><I><FONT COLOR=3D"#FE00FE"><FONT FACE=3D"Verd=
ana, Helvetica, Arial">  <BR>
</FONT></FONT></I></B></SPAN><B><I><FONT COLOR=3D"#FE00FE"><FONT FACE=3D"Verdan=
a, Helvetica, Arial"><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:18.0px'>Here's wh=
at members of last night's preview audience had to say ....<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT></I></B><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">=
<SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'> <BR>
<B><I>“Asking For IT" is a very powerful performance that takes =
you on a roller coaster ride of emotions – one moment you’re lau=
ghing, the next you're crying. It was amazing to see one actress play so man=
y roles so convincingly."<BR>
Steve S.<BR>
</I></B> <BR>
<B><I>"The show really tugs at your heart strings. Joanna Rush is fabu=
lous."<BR>
Debby J.<BR>
</I></B> <BR>
<B><I>"Asking For It" is absolutely riveting ---  exceptiona=
lly well-performed and well-written. I'm glad I had the opportunity to exper=
ience it!  The intimate setting of our Studio Theatre made this a very =
special experience."<BR>
Cindy K.<BR>
</I></B> <BR>
</SPAN></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#FE0000"><FONT SIZE=3D"6"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><SPAN=
 STYLE=3D'font-size:24.0px'><B><I>ASKING FOR IT”</I></B></SPAN></FONT></=
FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B><I><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'> <BR>
Midwest Premiere at</SPAN></I><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:14.0px'=
> </SPAN></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:18.0px'><I>the Stocker=
 Arts Center <BR>
April 26 -30, 2006<BR>
</I></SPAN></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#FE00FE"><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-si=
ze:14.0px'>WRITER/PERFORMER JOANNA RUSH &<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:14.0px'><FONT CO=
LOR=3D"#0000FE">TONY-NOMINATED DIRECTOR, LYNNE TAYLOR-CORBETT<BR>
</FONT>=20
</SPAN></FONT></B></FONT>
<P>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>Sex, sequins and semin=
aries...  Was Bernadette O’Connell <I>asking for it</I>? This pow=
erful and poignant one-woman comedy is a coming of age story about a feisty =
dancer and former ‘Outstanding Catholic Youth of the Year’ who t=
akes on New York City  --- where her convictions about religion bump up=
 against reality and sexuality. <BR>
 <BR>
</SPAN></B><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>"Asking For It" is as r=
elevant in 2006 as it is in 1969 --- when<B> </B>young Bernie (a former &quo=
t;Catholic Girl of the Year" and a sure bet to enter the convent) puts =
her religious vocation on hold, skips out on the nuns, and joins 35 "si=
sters" at Radio City Music Hall…the “Rockettes.” But =
her sexual mis-education leaves her wide open and vulnerable to the twisted,=
 testosterone-filled world of her new life in the Big Apple, and ultimately =
transforms her. Amidst her sexual misadventures, Bernadette marries, births =
a child, and lands on Broadway. But as time passes, a dancer with bum knees =
and a kid must settle for a slew of raunchy roles…from a pregnant burl=
esque queen to star of the filthiest show Off-Broadway. While fearing and fl=
aunting her sexuality, Bernadette learns its potent affect on patrons and pr=
edators but struggles to embrace it for herself. After witnessing her full c=
ircle transformation, you’ll laugh at what she really asks for…a=
nd maybe even gets.  <BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica=
, Arial"><BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">As directed by Tony nominee Lynne Taylor-Corbett,=
 “Asking for It” is a joyful kaleidoscope of faith and femininit=
y, repression and redemption, humor and humility.  Spiced with dance an=
d song, Rush takes her larger-than-life experience and filters it through th=
e prism of humor.  She portrays a colorful cast of characters ranging f=
rom tyrannical nuns and sexy chorines, to growing boys…of all ages, in=
cluding her childhood best friend and adult confidante "Sebastian"=
 --- who transforms himself from New Jersey's Johnny Iarinno to a gay theatr=
e director with a British accent!  Hilarious, irreverent and moving, Jo=
anna Rush’s “Asking for It” leaves audiences – male =
and female, of all ages – invigorated and inspired.<BR>
 <BR>
<B>Stocker Arts Center performances are Wednesday through Sunday, April 26t=
h through 30th at 7:30pm, with Saturday and Sunday matinees, April 29th and =
30th at 3:00pm.  The audiences are invited to participate in talkbacks,=
 asking questions and giving feedback following each of the performances, in=
 preparation for a national tour next year.</B> <BR>
___________________________________________________________________________=
__<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><B>Tickets for<FONT COLOR=3D"#F=
E0000"> <I>“ASKING FOR IT”</I></FONT></B></FONT></SPAN><FONT FAC=
E=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><B><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:16.0p=
x'> are $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for students and Golden Buckeye card hol=
ders and are on sale now.</SPAN></FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-=
size:16.0px'>  Seating is limited to 125 per performance.</SPAN></FONT>=
<FONT SIZE=3D"2"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10.0px'> </SPAN></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"5">=
<SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:16.0px'>On performances days, tickets are available b=
eginning at 6:00pm for evening performances and at 1:30pm for  matinees=
.  Tickets are also on sale at the Stocker Arts Center Box Office from =
12:00 noon to 6:00p.m. Mondays through Fridays, at 440.366.4040 or 1.800.995=
.5222 ext. 4040, or online at </SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>w=
ww.lorainccc.edu/stocker</SPAN><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:16.0px'=
> <blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U><a href=3D"http://ww=
w.lorainccc.edu/stocker">http://www.lorainccc.edu/stocker</a></U></FONT>>=
 </SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>.   <BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B>The Stud=
io Theatre is located in the Stocker Arts Center, which is on the campus of =
Lorain County Community College, 1005 North Abbe Road, Elyria, Ohio  44=
035.</B>  For further information or directions to Stocker, please call=
 the Box Office or visit the web at <FONT COLOR=3D"#3232FE">www.lorainccc.edu/=
stocker <blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U><a hr=
ef=3D"http://www.lorainccc.edu/stocker">http://www.lorainccc.edu/stocker</a></=
U></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#3232FE">> </FONT> click on Special Events.  <=

  <BR>
<B><U>ABOUT JOANNA RUSH AND LYNNE TAYLOR-CORBETT</U> <BR>
</B>Joanna Rush is an award-winning writer and actress, who just recently c=
ompleted shooting her latest film, <I>“Saying Goodbye.”</I> &nbs=
p;She has done theatre work all over the world co-starring with such actors =
as Marisa Tomei and Charles Durning, and has appeared on such television sho=
ws as <I>“Archie Bunker’s Place,” “Cagney & Lacy=
” </I>and <I>“Falcon Crest.”  </I>Her film career inc=
ludes <I>“On the Cliffs,”</I> (which was the Winner of the Best =
Short Comedy 2004, Ohio Independent Film Festival), <I>“The Night They=
 Raided Minsky’s,”</I> directed by William Friedkin, and <I>&#82=
20;A Killing Affair” </I>with O.J. Simpson.  In addition to writi=
ng <I>“ASKING FOR IT,”</I> she also is the co-author of <I>&#822=
0;Irish Whiskey,”</I> which was the winner of the 1998 Best Feature Fi=
lm award at the Temecula Valley International Film Festival, and <I>“M=
other’s Day,”</I> a TV movie.<BR>
 <BR>
As a director, Lynne Taylor-Corbett has received two Tony nominations and a=
 Drama Desk nomination for her direction and choreography of Broadway’=
s <I>“Swing!”</I> in 2000, and received two American Theatre Win=
g “Star” nominations for its National Tour in 2001.  She ha=
s also choreographed two hit shows on Broadway, <I>“Chess” </I>a=
nd <I>“Titanic.”</I>  Off Broadway, she directed <I>“=
Mona Rogers in Person”</I> at the Cherry Lane Theatre, <I>“Boy&#=
8217;s Breath”</I> at LaMama, Etc., <I>“Darlene Love: Portrait o=
f a Singer”</I> at the Bottom Line Theatre, and the acclaimed <I>&#822=
0;20th Century Pop”</I> starring Marianne Faithful.  Regionally s=
he has directed shows at The Cleveland Play House, The Old Globe Theatre, Ha=
rtford Stage and The George Street Playhouse.  Her dance works have bee=
n commissioned by New York City Ballet, American Ballet Theatre, Alvin Ailey=
 American Dance Theatre, Pacific Northwest Ballet, Philadanco, and companies=
 throughout the world.  Her feature films include <I>“Footloose,&=
#8221; “My Blue Heaven” </I>and <I>“Bewitched.”</I> =
 In the summer of 2005, she mounted a show for Disney in their new thea=
tre in Hong Kong.<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><BR>
<HR ALIGN=3DCENTER SIZE=3D"3" WIDTH=3D"95%">Jeremy K. Benjamin<BR>
Production Manager/Technical Director/Designer<BR>
Lorain County Community College<BR>
1005 N. Abbe Rd.<BR>
Elyria,  OH  44035<BR>
(440) 366-7120<BR>