[NEohioPAL]Call for submissions: female figure in art

marcus at designerglass.com marcus at designerglass.com
Wed May 24 12:20:55 PDT 2006

Announcing Open Submissions for "The Female Figure In Art:
Contemporary Northeast Ohio Artists"

I=B4m looking for both straightforward unironic celebrations of the
female figure, and for interestingly artistic commentary in and by
your piece of work about how our culture sees the female figure. I
have room for approximately 50-60 wall works of from approximately 16
x 20 to 48 x 60, and for about a dozen floor-sized sculptures from
table-top to life-sized.

I hope you=B4ll get inspired by the notion of the female figure in art
and come up with something even you didn=B4t expect yourself to do.

I=B4d like to get submissions by email jpg files. Please send images of
the work you would like to have displayed. Please indicate how big
each piece is, and each piece=B4s medium, in either the text of your
email or as part of the jpg, whichever is easier.  Please email to

marcus at designerglass.com

If you cannot email jpgs you=B4re welcome to stop by the gallery. I=B4m
there most of the time of the gallery hours, but it=B4s wise to call
first to confirm that I=B4ll be there when you can make it, since I do
have appointments out of the office.

There will be an opening reception August 5, 2006, with light
refreshments. The last day of the show will be August 26, so you can
pick up unsold work on August 27 and from August 29 - 31.

The deadline for submission is July 15, 2006, but please submit early
so I can get this together without too much rushing at the end.

If you=B4d like to visit the gallery, I=B4d be happy to meet you. The
address is

Gallery 324
1301 East Ninth Street
Cleveland, OH 44114

216.780.1522
marcus at designerglass.com

Free parking will be available for the opening in an underground
parking garage.  The entrance to the garage is off Lakeside, between
East 9th and East 12th streets, but parking during weekdays is at
meters and parking garages around the Galleria. After 4pm the
Galleria parking garage is $3 for the rest of the day. Please beware
that there are bus zones around the Galleria and after 4pm until 7 pm
it=B4s not wise to park on St Clair.

Gallery and Show Hours:
Monday - Friday 10 - 6,
Saturday 10 - 2,
and by appointment

If you=B4d like to be removed from this email list, please email

marcus at designerglass.com

and ask to be removed in the text of your message.