[NEohioPAL]Kate, GroundWorks and Da Vinci at Cain Park

Ksenia Roshchakovsky ksenia at clvhts.com
Thu Jun 29 16:17:36 PDT 2006

--MS_Mac_OE_3234453456_372546_MIME_Part

GroundWorks Dancetheater soars in the Alma Theater
Under the artistic direction of David Shimotakahara, GroundWorks is a group
of extraordinary artists committed to producing new work for an audience
that seeks an experience outside the traditional fare.  The program for Jun=
30, July 1 and July 2 at Cain Park includes 2 world premieres =8B eleveneleve=
(choreography by GroundWorks Artistic Associate Amy Miller, music by Ryan
Lott) and Latitude (choreography by David Shimotakahara, music by Hal
Walker) =8B and Iron Lung (choreography by Keely Garfield, music by Aqualung)=
.
Tickets are $20/18 in advance and $25/23 day of show.  Performances begin a=
7:30pm on Friday and Saturday, 2pm on Sunday.

=B3KISS ME, KATE sparkles in nearly every way, from the color and clarity of
the singing, acting and design to the fizz of the dancing and Martin
Cespedes=B9 intoxicating choreography in such numbers as =8CToo Darn Hot.=B9=B2  Th=
Plain Dealer
Lilli/Kate and Fred/Petruchio duke it out off-stage and on in Cole Porter=B9s
musical comedy masterpiece, Kiss Me, Kate, directed by Carol Dunne with
musical direction by Larry Hartzell and choreography by Martin Cespedes.
Tickets are $20/18/16. Showtime is 8pm Thursdays-Sundays in the Evans
Amphitheater.  Kiss Me, Kate closes July 9 with a
sign-interpreted/audio-described performance.  Promotional support provided
by WCLV 104.9 FM, WKSU 89.7 FM and Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

AMERICA=B9S DA VINCI EXHIBITS AT CAIN PARK
As part of =B3The Viktor Schreckengost National Centennial Exhibition,=B2 Cain
Park is honored to celebrate the remarkable accomplishments of a Cleveland
Heights resident who is a leader in 20th century ceramics and industrial
design.  This exhibit features Jiffy Ware, marionettes and illustrations,
among them set and costume designs many of which he created for Cain Park
productions in the 40s.
Sharing exhibit space will be Cleveland Institute of Art graduate Richard
Glowacki, an award-winning artist in ceramics, glass, sculpture and
woodworking and recipient of the Guy Cowan Pottery Association Scholarship
in Excellence in Ceramics.
The Audrey and Harvey Feinberg Art Gallery is open one hour before all
performances (except Kidzart) and through intermission.  =B3Now and Then=B2
closes July 16.

Cain Park is in its 68th season of providing diverse, eclectic and
affordable entertainment in the heart of Cleveland Heights at Lee and
Superior roads.

--MS_Mac_OE_3234453456_372546_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Kate, GroundWorks and Da Vinci at Cain Park</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#800080"><H2>GroundWorks Dancetheater soars in the Alma Theate=
r<BR>
</H2></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4">Under the artistic direction of David Shimotakah=
ara, GroundWorks is a group of extraordinary artists committed to producing =
new work for an audience that seeks an experience outside the traditional fa=
re.  The program for June 30, July 1 and July 2 at Cain Park includes 2=
 world premieres =8B eleveneleven (choreography by GroundWorks Artistic Associ=
ate Amy Miller, music by Ryan Lott) and Latitude (choreography by David Shim=
otakahara, music by Hal Walker) =8B and <I>Iron Lung</I> (choreography by Keel=
y Garfield, music by Aqualung).  Tickets are $20/18 in advance and $25/=
23 day of show.  Performances begin at 7:30pm on Friday and Saturday, 2=
pm on Sunday.<BR>
</FONT><H2><BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000">=B3KISS ME, KATE sparkles in nearly every way, from the=
 color and clarity of the singing, acting and design to the fizz of the danc=
ing and Martin Cespedes=B9 intoxicating choreography in such numbers as =8CToo D=
arn Hot.=B9=B2  The Plain Dealer<BR>
</FONT></H2><FONT SIZE=3D"4">Lilli/Kate and Fred/Petruchio duke it out off-st=
age and on in Cole Porter=B9s musical comedy masterpiece, <B><I>Kiss Me, Kate,=
</I></B> directed by Carol Dunne with musical direction by Larry Hartzell an=
d choreography by Martin Cespedes. Tickets are $20/18/16. Showtime is 8pm Th=
ursdays-Sundays in the Evans Amphitheater.  <B><I>Kiss Me, Kate</I></B>=
 closes July 9 with a sign-interpreted/audio-described performance.  <I=
>Promotional support provided by WCLV 104.9 FM, WKSU 89.7 FM and Enterprise =
Rent-A-Car.<BR>
<BR>
</I></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><H2>AMERICA=B9S DA VINCI EXHIBITS AT CAIN PA=
RK<BR>
</H2></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4">As part of =B3The Viktor Schreckengost National Ce=
ntennial Exhibition,=B2 Cain Park is honored to celebrate the remarkable accom=
plishments of a Cleveland Heights resident who is a leader in 20th century c=
eramics and industrial design.  This exhibit features Jiffy Ware, mario=
nettes and illustrations, among them set and costume designs many of which h=
e created for Cain Park productions in the 40s.<BR>
Sharing exhibit space will be Cleveland Institute of Art graduate <B>Richar=
d Glowacki</B>, an award-winning artist in ceramics, glass, sculpture and wo=
odworking and recipient of the Guy Cowan Pottery Association Scholarship in =
Excellence in Ceramics.<BR>
The Audrey and Harvey Feinberg Art Gallery is open one hour before all perf=
ormances (except Kidzart) and through intermission.  =B3Now and Then=B2 clo=
ses July 16.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H2>Cain Park is in its 68th season of providing diverse, eclectic a=
nd affordable entertainment in the heart of Cleveland Heights at Lee and Sup=
erior roads.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</H2>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3234453456_372546_MIME_Part--