[NEohioPAL]AWARD WINNING COMPOSER ARYAVARTA KUMAR COMPLETES SCORE TO INDEPENDENT FEATURE-FILM MADNESS

Johnny Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Sun Jul 23 07:08:41 PDT 2006

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C6AE3F.FB3958D0

Cleveland, OH (PRWEB) July 24, 2006 -- Award winning composer Aryavarta
Kumar (Arya) has completed writing and recording the score to Bill
Johns' first feature length film Madness (Cinevid Productions Ltd). This
independent film, created with talent from around northeast Ohio, is set
to be screened at a red carpet event on July 27, 2006 at the Tower City
Theaters in downtown Cleveland. Madness stars Jami Ross, Michael Rose,
Michelene Pancoe, Devan Lindsey, Laura Cool and Bernadette Lord.

Produced by Bill Johns and Andy Schofield, Madness centers around Alex,
a young man who's too old to still be at home, but too timid to go out
on his own. His parents have left on vacation and have told him to leave
before they return, something he reluctantly wants. Before leaving, he
plans on getting even. However, his step-sister returns home from
college unexpectedly with four of her girlfriends and they get stuck in
the house when a blizzard rolls in. As Alex's actions and plans are
discovered, the girls start dying one by one until it's just Alex and
his old crush, Megan.

Madness marks the second collaboration between Arya and writer/director
Bill Johns. They previously joined forces to orchestrate a song in Left
for Dead. Arya commented "Bill came to me and gave me quite a bit of
freedom to write the entire score and over a period of 6-8 weeks, we
were both happy with the final result." Johns noted "I always wanted to
give Arya a chance to score my projects, especially after having worked
with him on Left for Dead."

For more information on the film Madness, ticket information, and the
screening, please visit http://www.wheremadnesslies.com

Arya started his career playing keyboards and synthesizers in several
bands. Since that time, his use of orchestral music with elements of
ethnic and electronic instrumentation has made his music a distinctive
voice sought by film makers around the world. Showcasing his versatility
in writing music, Arya's work spans genres including action, drama,
comedy, ethnic, documentary, and many others. Arya is one of Cleveland's
most sought after composers for independent film. In 2005, he won a 26th
Silver Telly Award for his musical score to the short film, A Joker's
Card.

For more information on Arya's music, please visit
http://www.aryavartakumar.com

Johnny K. Wu
Director/Producer/Editor
www.mdifilm.com
216.373.3278

President 2006 & 2007
Organization of Chinese Americans of Greater Cleveland
www.ocagc.org

Join Cleveland IndieClub Monthly Meeting
www.clevelandindieclub.com

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C6AE3F.FB3958D0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.0.4630.0">
<TITLE>AWARD WINNING COMPOSER ARYAVARTA KUMAR COMPLETES SCORE TO =
INDEPENDENT FEATURE-FILM MADNESS</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cleveland, OH (PRWEB) July 24, 2006 -- =
Award winning composer Aryavarta Kumar (Arya) has completed writing and =
recording the score to Bill Johns' first feature length film Madness =
(Cinevid Productions Ltd). This independent film, created with talent =
from around northeast Ohio, is set to be screened at a red carpet event =
on July 27, 2006 at the Tower City Theaters in downtown Cleveland. =
Madness stars Jami Ross, Michael Rose, Michelene Pancoe, Devan Lindsey, =
Laura Cool and Bernadette Lord.</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Produced by Bill Johns and Andy =
Schofield, Madness centers around Alex, a young man who's too old to =
still be at home, but too timid to go out on his own. His parents have =
left on vacation and have told him to leave before they return, =
something he reluctantly wants. Before leaving, he plans on getting =
even. However, his step-sister returns home from college unexpectedly =
with four of her girlfriends and they get stuck in the house when a =
blizzard rolls in. As Alex's actions and plans are discovered, the girls =
start dying one by one until it's just Alex and his old crush, =
Megan.</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Madness marks the second collaboration =
between Arya and writer/director Bill Johns. They previously joined =
forces to orchestrate a song in Left for Dead. Arya commented "Bill =
came to me and gave me quite a bit of freedom to write the entire score =
and over a period of 6-8 weeks, we were both happy with the final =
result." Johns noted "I always wanted to give Arya a chance to =
score my projects, especially after having worked with him on Left for =
Dead."</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">For more information on the film =
Madness, ticket information, and the screening, please visit </FONT><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.wheremadnesslies.com"><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" =
SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">http://www.wheremadnesslies.com</FONT></U></A></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Arya started his career playing =
keyboards and synthesizers in several bands. Since that time, his use of =
orchestral music with elements of ethnic and electronic instrumentation =
has made his music a distinctive voice sought by film makers around the =
world. Showcasing his versatility in writing music, Arya's work spans =
genres including action, drama, comedy, ethnic, documentary, and many =
others. Arya is one of Cleveland’s most sought after composers for =
independent film. In 2005, he won a 26th Silver Telly Award for his =
musical score to the short film, A Joker's Card.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">For more information on Arya's music, =
please visit </FONT><A HREF=3D"http://www.aryavartakumar.com"><U><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">http://www.aryavartakumar.com</FONT></U></A>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Johnny K. Wu</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Director/Producer/Editor</FONT>

<BR><A HREF=3D"file://www.mdifilm.com"><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">www.mdifilm.com</FONT></U></A>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">216.373.3278</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">President 2006 & 2007</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Organization of Chinese Americans of =
Greater Cleveland</FONT>

<BR><A HREF=3D"file://www.ocagc.org"><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">www.ocagc.org</FONT></U></A>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Join Cleveland IndieClub Monthly =
Meeting</FONT>

<BR><A HREF=3D"file://www.clevelandindieclub.com"><U><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">www.clevelandindieclub.com</FONT></U></A>