[NEohioPAL]Review: Schism at The Cleveland Playhouse

DramaMama3 at aol.com DramaMama3 at aol.com
Fri Aug 18 14:03:17 PDT 2006

-------------------------------1155934997

Tonight and tomorrow are the last chances you have to see Matthew A.
Sprosty's "Schism" at the Cleveland Playhouse's Bolton Theatre.  It is definitely
"must see" theatre.   I teach my students that "timing is everything" and that one
lesson, was well taken in this production.  Mr. Sprosty was an acting student
of mine 10 years ago.  His writing is superb.

"Schism" is one of the funniest plays I have seen.  The actors never miss a
beat; their timing is impeccable.  I never stopped laughing.  Each actor knew
his character well, as if they had met the character in real life and knew them
intimately.

The direction couldn't have been better.  Rebecca Cole should be commended
for taking Matt's script and bringing it to life.

Change your plans for the weekend and head down to the Playhouse to see this
wonderfully entertaining production.  Fourth Wall is a company to be reckoned
with!  They are fast becoming a huge asset to our theatre community.

Judi Spitzer

-------------------------------1155934997

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2963" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Tonight and tomorrow are the last chances=20=
you have to see Matthew A. Sprosty's "Schism" at the Cleveland Playhouse's B=
olton Theatre.  It is definitely "must see" theatre.   I teac=
h my students that "timing is everything" and that one lesson, was well take=
n in this production.  Mr. Sprosty was an acting student of mine 10 yea=
rs ago.  His writing is superb.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">"Schism" is one of the funniest plays I ha=
ve seen.  The actors never miss a beat; their timing is impeccable.&nbs=
p; I never stopped laughing.  Each actor knew his character well, as if=
 they had met the character in real life and knew them intimately.</FONT></D=

<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">The direction couldn't have been better.&n=
bsp; Rebecca Cole should be commended for taking Matt's script and bringing=20=
it to life.  </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Change your plans for the weekend and head=
 down to the Playhouse to see this wonderfully entertaining production.&nbsp=
; Fourth Wall is a company to be reckoned with!  They are fast becoming=
 a huge asset to our theatre community.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Judi Spitzer</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV></BODY></HTML>