[NEohioPAL]THE END OF THE WORLD -- The CSU Conspiracy

James Kosmatka jameskosmatka at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 07:12:27 PDT 2006

--0-274437603-1159452747=:88875

For Immediate Release:
  Some Things You Need to Know Before the World Ends
(A Final Evening with the Illuminati)

  Cleveland, Ohio – 28 September 2006 – The Cleveland State University Factory Theater will present Levi Lee and Larry Larson’s Some Things You Need to Know Before the World Ends (A Final Evening with the Illuminati) September 29th through October 8th.  Performances are at 8:00 PM on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and 2:00 PM on Sundays as well as Saturday the 7th.   Tickets are $5 for students, seniors, and CSU faculty and staff, and $10 for general admission.

  Taking place in a post-apocalyptic church, the play explores the ways a paranoid priest and his deformed monk apprentice experience their own spiritual sides.  Domineering Reverend Eddie believes the agents of Lucifer, the Illuminati, are conspiring to ruin him, robbing him of his saintly martyrdom and slowly driving him insane.  The hobbling Brother Lawrence seeks true enlightenment and personal contact with the Divine so that he may be made whole.  Wrapped up in clever wordplay, vaudevillian slapstick, and biting satire, the play asks, “Where does true illumination come from?”

  “I like plays that seem dumb, but are very, very smart underneath,” says director and retired CSU professor Claude File.  “I’ve been wanting to do this play for fifteen years, and I wasn’t sure why it’s so good.  I’ve found that it has a lot to say about the role of religion and spirituality in the world today.”  This play will mark Mr. File’s final project at CSU, having directed dozens of college productions in addition to his scores of other credits, including stage, film, and television.  “I wanted to finish here feeling like I’d accomplished something, and this show let’s me do that.”

  Under the direction of department chair Dr. Michael Mauldin, the Cleveland State University Dramatic Arts Program is seeing the beginning of a renaissance, with three new faculty added in the last two years, including Professor of African-American Theater Kenshaka Ali, Cleveland Public Theater’s Holly Holsinger, and Dr. Mauldin himself.  With a foundation in broad-based theatrical education and practical experience, the CSU Dramatic Arts Program seeks to enable students to pursue the path of their choice, both within the program and after graduation.

  The box office is located in the office of the CSU Theater Arts Building and is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.  The box office may be reached at 216.687.2109.  Tickets may also be purchased in the lobby of the Factory Theater one half hour before show time.

  Parking for the Factory Theater is located off of East 24th Street between Chester and Payne.

  Contact:
  Ginger Williams
  1833 East 23rd Street
  Cleveland, OH  44115
  Reservations and information: 216.687.2109
  g.williams at csuohio.edu
  http://www.csuohio.edu/theater/season.htm

--0-274437603-1159452747=:88875

<DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">For Immediate Release:</FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"><B><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">Some Things You Need to Know Before the World Ends <BR></SPAN></B></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><B><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">(A Final Evening with the Illuminati) <BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"></DIV></SPAN></B></FONT>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Cleveland, Ohio – 28 September 2006 – The Cleveland State University Factory Theater will present Levi Lee and Larry Larson’s <I>Some Things You Need to Know Before the World Ends (A Final Evening with the Illuminati)</I> September 29<SUP>th</SUP> through October 8<SUP>th</SUP>.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Performances
 are at 8:00 PM on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and 2:00 PM on Sundays as well as Saturday the 7<SUP>th</SUP>.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">   </SPAN>Tickets are $5 for students, seniors, and CSU faculty and staff, and $10 for general admission.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman"> </FONT></o:p></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Taking place in a post-apocalyptic church, the play explores the ways a paranoid priest and his deformed monk apprentice experience their own spiritual sides.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Domineering Reverend Eddie believes the agents of Lucifer, the Illuminati, are conspiring to ruin him, robbing him of his saintly martyrdom and slowly driving him insane.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>The hobbling Brother
 Lawrence seeks true enlightenment and personal contact with the Divine so that he may be made whole.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Wrapped up in clever wordplay, vaudevillian slapstick, and biting satire, the play asks, “Where does true illumination come from?”</FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman"> </FONT></o:p></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">“I like plays that seem dumb, but are very, very smart underneath,” says director and retired CSU professor Claude File.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>“I’ve been wanting to do this play for fifteen years, and I wasn’t sure why it’s so good.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>I’ve found that it has a lot to say about the role of religion and spirituality in the world today.”<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>This play will mark Mr. File’s final project at CSU, having
 directed dozens of college productions in addition to his scores of other credits, including stage, film, and television.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>“I wanted to finish here feeling like I’d accomplished something, and this show let’s me do that.”</FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman"> </FONT></o:p></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Under the direction of department chair Dr. Michael Mauldin, the Cleveland State University Dramatic Arts Program is seeing the beginning of a renaissance, with three new faculty added in the last two years, including Professor of African-American Theater Kenshaka Ali, Cleveland Public Theater’s Holly Holsinger, and Dr. Mauldin himself.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>With a foundation in broad-based theatrical education and practical experience, the CSU Dramatic Arts Program seeks to enable students
 to pursue the path of their choice, both within the program and after graduation.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman"> </FONT></o:p></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">The box office is located in the office of the CSU Theater Arts Building and is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>The box office may be reached at 216.687.2109.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Tickets may also be purchased in the lobby of the Factory Theater one half hour before show time.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman"> </FONT></o:p></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Parking for the Factory Theater is located off of East 24<SUP>th</SUP> Street between Chester and Payne.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal
 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Contact:</FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Ginger Williams</FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">1833 East 23rd Street</FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Cleveland, OH<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>44115</FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Reservations and information: 216.687.2109</FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">g.williams at csuohio.edu</FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">http://www.csuohio.edu/theater/season.htm</FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in
 0pt"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman"> </FONT></o:p></DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Get on board. <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40791/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta">You're invited</a> to try the new Yahoo! Mail.
--0-274437603-1159452747=:88875--