[NEohioPAL]RFK Opens Election Season at Cleveland Play House

Alison Bibb abibb at clevelandplayhouse.com
Thu Oct 12 13:43:01 PDT 2006

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C6EE1D.7B7F4B40

> [...]
> International Festival, Exit Festival in Paris and BAM. Opera credits
> include New York City Opera, Santa Fe Opera, Opera Theater of St. Louis,
> Nikikai Opera Tokyo and the Minnesota Opera. Awards include the 2000 EDDY
> Award, numerous Drama Desk nominations and the 1996 and 2001 Obie Awards
> for sustained excellence.
>
> DAVID WEINER's (Light Designer) Broadway credits include Dinner At Eight
> (LCT), Betrayal (Roundabout) and The Real Thing. Selected off-Broadway
> credits include A Soldier's Play, Manuscript, This Is How It Goes, On The
> Mountain, Rodney's Wife (2005 Lortel Award), White Chocolate (Culture
> Project), Henry V, Living Out and 36 Views (Lortel and Outer Critics
> nominations). Regionally, Mr. Weiner has designed lighting productions at
> The Alley Theatre, The McCarter Theater, The Huntington Theater Company,
> The American Repertory Theater, Williamstown Theater Festival, Bard
> Summerscape, Cincinnati Playhouse, The Cleveland Play House, A.C.T. -
> Seattle, New York Stage & Film, Dallas Theater Center, Berkeley Repertory
> Theater. His architectural credits include developing the Chickasaw
> Cultural Center, a multi-media intensive visitor center for the Chickasaw
> Indian Nation in Sulphur, Oklahoma to open in January 2007.
> __________
>
> FACT SHEET
>
> What:  	RFK
> One-man play about the life of Robert F. Kennedy.
>
> Where:	Drury Theatre, The Cleveland Play House, 8500 Euclid Avenue,
> Cleveland, Ohio
>
> When:		Preview Performances:		October 27-31, 2006
> 		Opening Night:			Wednesday, November 1, 2006
> 		PRESS OPENING			Wednesday, November 1, 2006
>
> Final Performance:			Sunday, November 19, 2006
>
> Cast:
> RFK	Jack Holmes
>
> Creative Team:
> Playwright:				Jack Holmes
> Director:			   	Seth Gordon
> Scenic Design:			Neil Patel
> Lighting Design: 			David Weiner
> Assistant Scenic Design:		David Barber
> Assistant Lighting Design:		Lauren Phillips
>

> Times:		Tuesday-Saturday Evenings		8:00 p.m.
> 		Saturday Matinee			4:00 p.m.
> 		Sunday Matinee			2:00 p.m.
> 		Weekday Matinee			1:30 p.m. Thursday, November
> 9, 2006
> 		Early Curtain(s)			7:00 p.m. Tuesday,
> November 14, 2006
>
> Ticket Prices: Tickets for mainstage productions start at $39.00.
>
> For Single Tickets: Call (216) 795-7000, ext. 4, or visit
> www.clevelandplayhouse.com <http://www.clevelandplayhouse.com >
>
> For Groups of 10 or More: Call Lisa Craig, Group Sales Manager, (216)
> 795-7000, ext. 235
>

> Alison Bibb-Carson
> Associate Director of Communications & Marketing
> The Cleveland Play House
> 8500 Euclid Avenue
> Cleveland, Ohio  44106
> 216.795.7000 x236
> Have you ordered your tickets for A CHRISTMAS STORY??

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7036.0">
<TITLE> RFK Opens Election Season at Cleveland Play House</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
<BR>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">RFK</FONT></I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Wins By A Landslide!!<BR>
</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Cleveland Play House =
presents one-man show of politician’s life</FONT></I></B></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">CLEVELAND (October 10, 2006) =
--</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">RFK,</FONT></I></B><I></I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">a one-man play written and performed by =
Jack Holmes, will make its Cleveland Play House debut beginning October =
27, 2006, just before US citizens cast their votes in the major election =
of 2006.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Still shocked over the loss of his =
brother, this young politician with one of the most powerful names in =
America becomes a champion of peace, justice, equality and =
responsibility -- a path that leads him to the brink of greatness. This =
critically acclaimed solo performance, straight from one of the hottest =
off-Broadway theatres in New York, reveals Robert F. Kennedy as you've =
never seen him before. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">“We all feel very lucky and =
excited about Jack Holmes bringing his compelling play and moving =
performance to the Play House,” says</FONT><B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Seth Gordon, director of</FONT></B><B><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">RFK</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> and CPH =
Associate Artistic Director.</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
“It's amazing how so many of the issues and challenges Bobby =
Kennedy faced in his time seem so immediate and relevant today. So many =
have wondered about what might have been, and now we get to see him =
again, young, fresh, and filled with vigor, insight and =
introspection.”</FONT></P>

<P><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">RFK</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> received its world premiere in April 2003 at the Sierra =
Madre Playhouse in Sierra Madre, California, under the title,</FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Awful Grace of God-A Portrait of =
Robert F. Kennedy.</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> It was then =
produced in the summer of 2004 in Los Angeles at the Court Theater, also =
under the same title. The New York premiere was in the fall of 2005 at =
the off-Broadway theatre The Culture Project, and ran for four =
months.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">For his stunning portrayal of Robert F. =
Kennedy, Jack Holmes has recently been nominated for the =
“Distinguished Performance Award” by The Drama League, and =
the “Outstanding Solo Performance Award” by the Outer =
Critics Circle. The</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">New York =
Post</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> reported that</FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">RFK</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">is “moving, gut wrenching...Holmes beautifully =
conveys RFK’s combination of gentle humor and machismo.”<BR>
</FONT>

<BR><B><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">About</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">RFK</FONT></I></B>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">By late summer 1964, Attorney General =
Robert F. Kennedy was a deeply wounded man. Still consumed with grief =
over the assassination of his older brother President John F. Kennedy on =
November 22, 1963 in Dallas, he was at a crossroads. The 1964 =
presidential election was approaching and President Lyndon Johnson =
finally called RFK to the White House to end months of speculation over =
whether or not RFK would be Johnson’s vice-presidential running =
mate. The result of that meeting and the subsequent direction of Robert =
Kennedy’s life are the focus of this play.</FONT><B> </B></P>

<P><B><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">ABOUT Jack Holmes</FONT></I></B>

<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">JACK HOLMES</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (playwright, “Robert F. Kennedy”) =
was born in Pennsylvania. He has a BFA in Film/Drama from the California =
College of Arts in Oakland, where he studied Modern Theater with the =
Beat poet/playwright Michael McClure. After moving to New York City, he =
began drama studies with<BR>
William Hickey and Laila Robbins at HB Studios. Mr. Holmes’s New =
York theatre performances include<BR>
originating the role of McNamara in the world premiere of Charles =
Messina and Paul Goncalves’ play</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Roman</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Candles</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">. He played Anthrax in Plautus’ classical =
play</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Pot of =
Gold</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, as well as Earhart =
Borkman in Ibsen’s</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">John =
Gabriel Borkman</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, both under the =
direction of Sidney Armus at Theatre 22. In Los Angeles, he played Al =
Royce in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">In the Boom Boom =
Room</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, and participated in =
LA’s Playwright’s Express for several years with lead roles =
in numerous staged readings. A pianist and composer, Mr. Holmes studied =
to be a composer in New York at the Juilliard School with the American =
composer Stanley Wolf, and composed the original score for</FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">RFK</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">.</FONT></P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><B><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Direction and =
Design</FONT></I></B><I><BR>
<B></B></I><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">SETH =
GORDON</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Director) is Associate =
Artistic Director at The Cleveland Play House, where he produces =
FusionFest, runs the Playwrights’ Unit and assists with season =
planning. Mr. Gordon has directed Cleveland Play House productions of =
Mitch Albom’s</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Tuesdays =
with Morrie, Vincent in Brixton, Proof, Dinner with =
Friends,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> the world premiere =
production of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Forest =
City</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, and</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">A Christmas Story.</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> Mr. Gordon will also direct</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Of Mice and Men</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
this season, as well as CPH’s second production of</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">A Christmas Story.</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> He served as Literary Manager, and then as Associate =
Producer, of Primary Stages in New York City, where he produced and/or =
directed countless productions, workshops and readings of new plays by =
America’s leading playwrights. Here in Cleveland, Mr. Gordon has =
directed at The Beck Center for the Arts, Cleveland Shakespeare Festival =
and Dobama Theatre. He recently directed the Arabic premiere =
of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Our Town</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> at el-Hanager Theatre in Cairo, Egypt. Mr. =
Gordon has directed at many New York theatres, directed and lectured at =
various universities, including Case Western Reserve University. =
</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">NEIL PATEL</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> (Set Designer)</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">is a New =
York-based scenic designer whose work for the theatre and opera has been =
seen throughout the world. He has designed</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Sideman</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, =
‘</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Night =
Mother</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> and</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Ring of Fire</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> for Broadway. Off-Broadway, his </FONT><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">credits include productions at =
prominent theatres such as Second Stage, Manhattan Theater Club, =
Roundabout Theatre Company, New York Theater Workshop, Vineyard Theater =
and Playwrights Horizon, having designed productions of</FONT><I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Living Out, Here Lies Jenny, =
Dinner with Friends, The Long Christmas Ride Home, Quills</FONT></I> =
<FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">and</FONT><I><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> The Grey Zone.</FONT></I> =
<FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">His regional work has =
been seen at the Guthrie Theater, Mark Taper Forum, McCarter Theater, =
Arena Stage, Center Stage, Steppenwolf and Chicago Shakespeare, among =
others. His work with Anne Bogart and the SITI Company has been seen =
throughout the world, including the Holland Festival, Edinburgh =
International Festival, Exit Festival in Paris and BAM. Opera credits =
include New York City Opera, Santa Fe Opera, Opera Theater of St. Louis, =
Nikikai Opera Tokyo and the Minnesota Opera. Awards include the 2000 =
EDDY Award, numerous Drama Desk nominations and the 1996 and 2001 Obie =
Awards for sustained excellence.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">DAVID WEINER</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">’s</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> (Light Designer)</FONT> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Broadway credits include</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Dinner At Eight</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
(LCT),</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Betrayal</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Roundabout) and</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">The Real Thing.</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
Selected</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> o</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">ff-Broadway credits include</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">A Soldier’s Play, Manuscript, This Is How =
It Goes, On The Mountain, Rodney’s Wife</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> (2005 Lortel Award),</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">White Chocolate</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
(Culture Project),</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Henry V, =
Living Out</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> and</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">36 Views</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> (Lortel and Outer Critics nominations). Regionally, Mr. =
Weiner has designed lighting productions at The Alley Theatre, The =
McCarter Theater, The Huntington Theater Company, The American Repertory =
Theater, Williamstown Theater Festival, Bard Summerscape, Cincinnati =
Playhouse, The Cleveland Play House, A.C.T. – Seattle, New York =
Stage & Film, Dallas Theater Center, Berkeley Repertory Theater. His =
architectural credits include developing the Chickasaw Cultural Center, =
a multi-media intensive visitor center for the Chickasaw Indian Nation =
in Sulphur, Oklahoma to open in January 2007.</FONT><I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> </FONT></I></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New =
Roman">__________________________________________________________________=
__________________</FONT><I></I><I></I>
</P>

<P><U><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">FACT SHEET</FONT></B></U><B></B>
</P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">What:  </FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">RFK</FONT></I></B><I></I>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">One-man play about the life of Robert =
F. Kennedy.</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Where: </FONT></B> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Drury Theatre, The Cleveland Play House, 8500 =
Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">When:   =
       </FONT></B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Preview Performances:   =
        October 27-31, 2006</FONT>

<BR>        =
        <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Opening Night:  =
        =
        Wednesday, November 1, =
2006</FONT>

<BR>        =
       <B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">PRESS OPENING   =
        =
        Wednesday, November 1, =
2006    </FONT></B> =
       =20

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Final =
Performance:      =
        =
        Sunday, November 19, =
2006</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><U><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cast:</FONT></U></B>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">RFK     Jack =
Holmes</FONT>
</P>

<P><U><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Creative Team:</FONT></B></U>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Playwright:     =
        =
        =
        Jack Holmes</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Director:       =
        =
           =
     Seth Gordon<BR>
Scenic Design:          =
        Neil Patel</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Lighting Design: =
       =
        =
        David Weiner</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Assistant Scenic =
Design:        =
        David Barber</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Assistant Lighting =
Design:      =
        Lauren Phillips =
        =
        =
        </FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Times:  =
       </FONT></B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Tuesday-Saturday =
Evenings       =
        8:00 p.m.</FONT>

<BR>        =
        <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Saturday =
Matinee        =
        =
        4:00 p.m.</FONT>

<BR>        =
        <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Sunday Matinee  =
        =
        2:00 p.m.</FONT>

<BR>        =
        <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Weekday Matinee =
        =
        1:30 p.m. Thursday, November =
9, 2006</FONT>

<BR>        =
        <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Early =
Curtain(s)        =
        =
        7:00 p.m. Tuesday, November =
14, 2006</FONT>

<BR>        =
        =
        =
        =
        =
        =
       =20

<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Ticket Prices:</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Tickets for mainstage productions start at =
$39.00.</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">For Single Tickets:</FONT></B> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Call (216) 795-7000, ext. 4, or </FONT><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">visit</FONT><U></U><U><B> =
</B></U><A HREF=3D"http://www.clevelandplayhouse.com "><U><B><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">www.clevelandplayhouse.com</FONT></B></U><U><B></B></U></A=
><U><B></B></U><U></U><U><B></B></U><U><B></B></U><U><B></B></U>
</P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">For Groups of 10 or More:</FONT></B> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Call Lisa Craig, Group Sales Manager, =
(216) 795-7000, ext. 235</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#800080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Lucida Fax">Alison =
Bibb-Carson</FONT>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#800080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Lucida Fax">Associate =
Director of Communications & Marketing</FONT>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#800080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Lucida Fax">The Cleveland =
Play House</FONT>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#800080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Lucida Fax">8500 Euclid =
Avenue</FONT>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#800080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Lucida Fax">Cleveland, =
Ohio  44106</FONT>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#800080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Lucida Fax">216.795.7000 =
x236</FONT>

<BR><I><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Have you ordered =
your tickets for A CHRISTMAS STORY??</FONT></I>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>