[NEohioPAL]DEATHTRAP Opens October 20th At Dover Players - LIMITED SEATING!

d20submissions d20submissions at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 14:26:05 PDT 2006

For Immediate Release

Contact: Matthew Solarz (440) 356-6637
Dover Players "Raises the Bar" With Season Finale

NORTH OLMSTED - Dover Players, North Olmsted's
community theatre since 1983, ends the year literally
with a "bang" - in more ways than one.

For the first time since the Players' inception,
audiences can get performance information or make
their reservations via email online from Dover's new
website, www.doverplayers.org. In addition, they are
closing the season with a very elaborate show - Ira
Levin's "Deathtrap," which has been billed as the
"longest running thriller on Broadway."

"Dover has a reputation for doing clever, innovative,
and enjoyable shows with small but nicely designed
sets and minimal tech," said Matthew Solarz, director
of “Deathtrap” and designer of Dover's new website.
"I wanted to add the bells and whistles…Dover has
given so much to me, I wanted to give something back,
and this is how I want to do it. Thankfully, I have
the blessing of the powers-that-be to give it a shot."

Solarz is far from alone in his effort to up the ante
at Dover. Fellow Dover veteran Ruth Rowe, who serves
as stage manager and assistant director, voiced her
excitement to be working with “an amazingly talented
group of local performers and technical staff, who are
excited and committed to bringing a higher caliber
performance to North Olmsted’s Old Town Hall.”

“Deathtrap” features local talent David Hundertmark as
Sidney Bruhl, Mark McCarthy as Clifford Anderson, Judy
Norton as Myra Bruhl, Fran Norris as Helga ten Dorp,
and Gerry Wiess as Porter Milgrim. Technical crew
includes Tyson Douglas Rand – Set Designer, Bob
Foraker – Set Builder, Frances Norris – Costume
Designer, Paul Floriano – Fight Choreographer, and
Kelsey Leib – Run Crew.

Solarz said he is excited about the show, not only
because of the ability to build a large and elaborate
set, but also because of the actors involved.

“This is a very talented group of local performers,
some of whom are coming to Dover from much larger
venues,” he said. Some of his cast members have been
seen recently at prominent Northeast Ohio venues,
including the Paul W. Cassidy Theatre (formerly
Greenbriar) in Parma Heights and the Beck Center for
the Arts in Lakewood. “I’m very grateful that these
talented actors have jumped on board for this
project,” Solarz added. "It says a lot about the
caliber of performance we are hoping to bring to our
audiences!"

“Deathtrap” will be performed Friday through Sunday
from October 20th through November 5th. Friday and
Saturday performances are at 8 p.m. and Sunday
performances are at 2 p.m. General admission is $8 per
ticket, and $6 for students (with ID) and seniors
(60+). Tickets can either be reserved online at
www.doverplayers.org, by calling 440.356.6637, or
purchased at the door.

Members of the media interested in reviewing this
production will be admitted on a complimentary basis.
Please let the box office know you are there, and you
will be provided with a program and media kit. Dover
Players perform in North Olmsted’s Old Town Hall,
located behind the City Police Department on Dover
Center Road.